orange&blue92

Sir Walter Smith

11 hours ago, cd true bluenose said:

where do they get these odds never mind some of the names :duh:

Kevin Muscat:lol:

This thread's been a good laugh.

I wish we could get back to the sort of discussions about how much we spent in the summer compared to the beasts, whether Edu or McCulloch was the bigger donkey and where the fuck does Broadfoot think he's going?

(Disclaimer: please don't bring Edu, McCulloch or Broadfoot back)

Is it at all possible that Walter is an option?  People will say let him enjoy his retirement, but should the club be at least asking him if he is in any way interested?

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

Is it at all possible that Walter is an option?  People will say let him enjoy his retirement, but should the club be at least asking him if he is in any way interested?

No

10 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Why not?

He dug us out of shit the last time and I’d say things are far worse than the last time. He’s got a fantastic record here and why would he want to tarnish it? Besides he’s now 69 so let him enjoy his retirement and time with his family as he’s bloody earned it. 

However, if he approached the board about the possibility of coming back then that’s a different scenario altogether but he won’t and so he shouldn’t.

10 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

He dug us out of shit the last time and I’d say things are far worse than the last time. He’s got a fantastic record here and why would he want to tarnish it? Besides he’s now 69 so let him enjoy his retirement and time with his family as he’s bloody earned it. 

However, if he approached the board about the possibility of coming back then that’s a different scenario altogether but he won’t and so he shouldn’t.

His age and retirement don't necessarily have to be impediments to him being considered, Jupp Heynckes has taken over at Bayrern Munich, he is four years older than Walter, and has been out of the game for four years. Out of all the names mentioned, I'd prefer Walter, McCann and JJ as his assistants. I agree with first part of your last point.

40 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Why not?

Because we need to move on, can’t just keep running back to Walter to fix our fuck ups. I think he’d say yes if he was offered but it’s his wife we’d need to convince

i don't think for a minute that has coming back

but he is by far the best name on that list. 

And guaranteed hed be the man that would rally the support and have us all united and confident again

if King could get him to come back it would be a masterstroke and would make my decade.

But the man has done more than his duty to his Club and I wouldn't blame him for a second for not wanting to come back and risk his reputation, but that said he is probably the only man I can think of that is have complete faith and trust in and he's probably the only man at this time id believe could stop 10 in a row

2 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

I don't think he's a realistic possibility but id be disappointed to hear if the Club hadn't at least asked if he'd be interested in the job

Wouldn't be surprised if he was asked when Warburton left. There's more chance of TLB taking charge of us than Walter. The man has done his job with us, let him have his peace now.

IF and IF he said rite let me get these lads into shape then I would have no problem but he has no reason to as not his mess to tidy up its the boards.

only way i see him back is in a board capacity to assist someone like Murty or another unproven manager at that level.

Leave Walter alone!

93C7140D-9321-499D-9AAA-B82519662A0F.jpeg

i'd probably be suicidal if Walter was our manager as they cunts lift 10 in a row.

On 30/10/2017 at 11:54, GOAT said:

We spent £8m in the summer, smith spent £13m in three transfer windows and took us to a European final.  So your comment there is a lot of shite straight away.  He did have his failures, winning titles and trophies certainly wasn't one of them. 

What do you think our wage bill was under walter 2nd time around, fees are nothing nowadays, it's all about wages, we cannot afford the players walter would want, its that simple

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

What do you think our wage bill was under walter 2nd time around, fees are nothing nowadays, it's all about wages, we cannot afford the players walter would want, its that simple

Considering we're paying £30k for two players just now, it's not going to be too far off us just now. 

Drag him out his bed now. " Leave him to enjoy his retirement " is the worst line on here other than "Kenny millers neighbour". He is years younger than the Bayern manager.

Do it.

22 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Considering we're paying £30k for two players just now, it's not going to be too far off us just now. 

are you serious mate, the recent accounts just told us our wage bill is 1/3rd of the tarriers, we lost 7mill quid, imagine we double that wage bill

just because 2 of our players are supposedly on 30 grand doesnt mean we can afford to litter the team with guys on even half that, how much do you think the likes of fod, tav, wilson, cardoso, jack etc are on, id be surprised if ANY of them are on 10 grand or more,

as a note, walters wage bill for the year ending june 2009 was over 20million quid, the recent accounts showed our first team squad bill was 10million quid, if you think we can simply double it and compete with a tarriers squad still spending 10mill a year more than us then fair enough, but walter has never worked under financial stipulations like this at Rangers

If Walter was interested we'd have known by now. 

There's absolutely zero chance of him coming back, which part of me is glad about. 

Not a chance but I’d love it 

if it’s good enough for Bayern to call back an old solider in heynckes then it’s good enough for us to bring back Walter 

doubt he’d want anything to do with us now though. Who could blame him 

5 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Sky bet have Walter at 25/1

20/1 with Paddy Power the same price as Davie Moyes, the same Davie Moyes who has been at WHU as boss for the last week.

17 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

are you serious mate, the recent accounts just told us our wage bill is 1/3rd of the tarriers, we lost 7mill quid, imagine we double that wage bill

just because 2 of our players are supposedly on 30 grand doesnt mean we can afford to litter the team with guys on even half that, how much do you think the likes of fod, tav, wilson, cardoso, jack etc are on, id be surprised if ANY of them are on 10 grand or more,

as a note, walters wage bill for the year ending june 2009 was over 20million quid, the recent accounts showed our first team squad bill was 10million quid, if you think we can simply double it and compete with a tarriers squad still spending 10mill a year more than us then fair enough, but walter has never worked under financial stipulations like this at Rangers

Recent accounts have nothing to do with this season.  

On 31/10/2017 at 11:01, TheMotor said:

This thread's been a good laugh.

I wish we could get back to the sort of discussions about how much we spent in the summer compared to the beasts, whether Edu or McCulloch was the bigger donkey and where the fuck does Broadfoot think he's going?

(Disclaimer: please don't bring Edu, McCulloch or Broadfoot back)

McCulloch was definitely the bigger donkey.