The Importance of Fixing "Institutional Failure" before New Manager appt.

buster.

3 hours ago, K.A.I said:

With Pedro it’s not with hunting every game we drop points like it’s over reactions in isolation - you’ve a short memory actually use what brain cells  you have and remind yourself what his tenure was like 

You have high opinions of yourself by the sounds of it.....I shall consider myself telt

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

What is the medium to long-term strategy?  Any manager that comes in will need to win games or the support will quickly turn against them and they'll be sacked soon after.

The time to change the philosophy and build for the future was when we were in the lower leagues and the pressure was off.  We've well and truly fucked that.  Now we need instant success and the only way to get it is by spending money.

Ask the board at the AGM.

It's no use looking back other than to try and learn from mistakes.

The spiv years were a double whammy of disaster. Not only were we being robbed blind and the earth being scorched....but McCoist managed to waste onfield opportunity.

We may want instant success but we don't need it and in all liklehood, won't get it.... We need to build a solid base to ensure we are competitive as soon as possible.

4 hours ago, K.A.I said:

With Pedro it’s not with hunting every game we drop points like it’s over reactions in isolation - you’ve a short memory actually use what brain cells  you have and remind yourself what his tenure was like 

I think it's fair to say that we get too high on very little and way too down after very little. 

At least that is what you see online. The support have been brilliant in the last few years regards attending in numbers.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

We have to clear out the dross from the boardroom and all the Hangers-on institutional failure to me indicates it's from the top down.

What's your plan ?

Who goes / Who replaces them, purchases shares / What happens with the soft loans & funding committments / How do we finance the ongoing shortfall ?

19 minutes ago, buster. said:

What's your plan ?

Who goes / Who replaces them, purchases shares / What happens with the soft loans & funding committments / How do we finance the ongoing shortfall ?

My plan was in the boardroom a while ago go back through my posts as I have already posted it several times. what happens with the debt this board has accrued, as good Rangers men they will absorb that surely.

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

My plan was in the boardroom a while ago go back through my posts as I have already posted it several times. what happens with the debt this board has accrued, as good Rangers men they will absorb that surely.

You'll know where it is,.....a link please.

9 minutes ago, Smile said:

I'm not here to wipe your arse look for it you seem to have me confused with your mum or dad.

You have a better idea of where to find it/how far back it is. It's not unreasonable to ask for you to supply it and in fact would be the norm.

I get the feeling your plan is full of holes, you know it and you don't want it pointed out........but you can always prove me wrong  !

edit...you've got all night, I'm aff for the night................

6 minutes ago, buster. said:

You have a better idea of where to find it/how far back it is. It's not unreasonable to ask for you to supply it and in fact would be the norm.

I get the feeling your plan is full of holes, you know it and you don't want it pointed out........but you can always prove me wrong  !

edit...you've got all night, I'm aff for the night................

Look and you shall find.

13 hours ago, buster. said:

How does that work wrt the soft loans provided/committments and who would be coming forward to take their place at this moment in time ?

That is the £50m, £30m, £25m, £20m, £15m, think up a number, question for which I do not have the answer.   What I want and what I get are seldom the same  in respect of Rangers these days.

5 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

That is the £50m, £30m, £25m, £20m, £15m, think up a number, question for which I do not have the answer.   What I want and what I get are seldom the same  in respect of Rangers these days.

The most important question when it comes to wishes or plans from yourself, Smile or anyone that include a wholesale change in the boardroom, is who will replace/buy them out and finance the club to the level of respective wishes/plans ?

If you can't provide any type of ideas wrt that question, then you are going down a destructive path without anyone waiting to rebuild other than eventually more spivs smelling opportunity.

Yesterday, Mark Allen announced a new scouting set-up and alongside the apparent change in the communications set-up, I think the club seem to be sorting some of the issues out. A good managerial appointment would go along way to pushing us further forward.

We seem to be putting plans in place bit they are being dripped in over months and years because we are skint. That's the long and short of it. We are rebuilding on a budget and releasing the funds intermittently. 

The stadium needs work and that also seems to subject of tinkering rather than anything substantial. Money talks 

Why don’t the lenders just convert their loans to equity today,the unissued shares around 40 million of them could be divied on a pro rata of loan value, 

If someone has provided say 30% of total loan input they would receive 12 million shares, someone who provided 10% would receive 4 million shares and so on.

There is nothing to prevent this happening today and eradicating debt at a stroke,that it hasn’t already happened is less than puzzling.

On 30/10/2017 at 09:40, Courtyard Bear said:

Heads have to roll at boardroom level it’s that simple, they have had their chance and failed miserably. 

As for Robertson he should never got the job in the first place and Traynor should never have been allowed within a mile of Ibrox, so on that we agree. 

That's before we even start on what Mini does at Ibrox 

24 minutes ago, backup said:

Is there a definite date for the GM ?

(I take it you mean AGM).

Why do you need to ask when you are so 'on top of everything' that is going on ?

:spam:

ps. Just had a look on Gersnet and it was no surprise to see that the relatively new resident Chief Shit Stirrer over there,...'Union' has been posting on the same subject/same time.

I take it that it must be your twin.

On 31/10/2017 at 06:28, buster. said:

The most important question when it comes to wishes or plans from yourself, Smile or anyone that include a wholesale change in the boardroom, is who will replace/buy them out and finance the club to the level of respective wishes/plans ?

If you can't provide any type of ideas wrt that question, then you are going down a destructive path without anyone waiting to rebuild other than eventually more spivs smelling opportunity.

Yesterday, Mark Allen announced a new scouting set-up and alongside the apparent change in the communications set-up, I think the club seem to be sorting some of the issues out. A good managerial appointment would go along way to pushing us further forward.

I'm not going down any path.  I said I'd like most of the current board gone.  Obviously I would like some replacements and more investment.    I am certain that there are people out there who would no doubt invest if one man in particular was gone.   Where is the new share issue?  Where is the nomad?  How can we turn the loans into shareholding without a share issue?   

Of course I am pleased that we are putting a scouting network in place, who wouldn't be pleased? 

I want the best for Rangers in the boardroom as well as on the park.  We don't have either at present.  

Your premise that my not having a list of prospective new board members should prevent me from criticising the existing board members is not just flawed but utterly ridiculous.   

Serious questions for you:

Do you think Dave King is the best man to have as chairman or even as a director?

What does Paul Murray bring to the table?

Are you happy with Stewart Robertson as MD?

Ditto Graeme Park?

Ditto Andrew Dickson?

Alastair Johnston opened the box on thinking at director level at Rangers when he referred to institutional and systemic failings.    I'm surprised the revelation hasn't attracted more attention or questions because admitting that such failings exist is, imo, tantamount to directors admitting they did not (do not) have enough of a grip of what is going on at the Club and have failed to apply the right levels of leadership, command and control to eliminate such failings.    In effect Johnston was admitting corporate guilt.

The discussion inevitably (and to a large extent rightly) shifts focus to the directors, the board, and to the subject of investment money (or lack of it) and all things financial and boardroom.     But I wonder if there are matters that are systemic and institutional failings about more directly related football matters.   Things like (for example) the ways of working at Ibrox and at the training centre; the quality of communications; the quality of relationship management between the manager, coaches and players; the clarity of football objectives and means by which buy in to achieving objectives is reached; the so-called football philosophy which Warburton talked so often about and on which the Academy was supposedly working to so that a flow of players into the first team squad would be well tuned to the first team playing philosophy; and so on.   

Point being there may be a whole lot more to the disease of systemic and institutional failings than boardroom / director / financial stuff although to be fair if these are largely sorted and settled then it provides a stronger foundation to settle other failings.    

Now that Johnston has let it be known that such failings exist it seems to me there is a duty owed to the Support to go on and explain what is being done to remedy them.   I'm not looking for dirty washing to be aired in public because we have enough self-infliction on that score anyway, but it does seem reasonable to me to require updates from time to time from directors to say whether the failings that Johnston alluded to have been remedied.    

In raising the subject Johnston has provided a key theme that should  be followed up at the AGM by directors giving an update, or (if necessary) by large shareholders placing questions before the directors and requiring full and complete responses.     Then again, its Rangers and directors these days have an unwelcome habit of opening their mouths and making statements which then get quietly forgotten about.   

3 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I'm not going down any path.  I said I'd like most of the current board gone.  Obviously I would like some replacements and more investment.    I am certain that there are people out there who would no doubt invest if one man in particular was gone.   Where is the new share issue?  Where is the nomad?  How can we turn the loans into shareholding without a share issue?   

Of course I am pleased that we are putting a scouting network in place, who wouldn't be pleased? 

I want the best for Rangers in the boardroom as well as on the park.  We don't have either at present.  

Your premise that my not having a list of prospective new board members should prevent me from criticising the existing board members is not just flawed but utterly ridiculous.    

Serious questions for you:

Do you think Dave King is the best man to have as chairman or even as a director?

What does Paul Murray bring to the table?

Are you happy with Stewart Robertson as MD?

Ditto Graeme Park?

Ditto Andrew Dickson?

Criticising the existing board is fine, I do it myself (eg. have a look at the OP on this thread/it also answers some of your serious questions). So, firstly, your perception of my premise is simply wrong.

I simply point towards your (and others) wish that the current board was gone and say, ok.......but what happens next, what are the mechanics of such a change (including financial implications) and who, that has the clubs interests in mind, might be out their with a huge amount of money.....(and that didn't show during the last 6 years) ????

To effectively answer....'the cheque might be in the post and I have no idea how much it's for'...doesn't cut it IMO, especially when we see from the past what you seemed to prefer. 

3 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Alastair Johnston opened the box on thinking at director level at Rangers when he referred to institutional and systemic failings.    I'm surprised the revelation hasn't attracted more attention or questions because admitting that such failings exist is, imo, tantamount to directors admitting they did not (do not) have enough of a grip of what is going on at the Club and have failed to apply the right levels of leadership, command and control to eliminate such failings.    In effect Johnston was admitting corporate guilt.

The discussion inevitably (and to a large extent rightly) shifts focus to the directors, the board, and to the subject of investment money (or lack of it) and all things financial and boardroom.     But I wonder if there are matters that are systemic and institutional failings about more directly related football matters.   Things like (for example) the ways of working at Ibrox and at the training centre; the quality of communications; the quality of relationship management between the manager, coaches and players; the clarity of football objectives and means by which buy in to achieving objectives is reached; the so-called football philosophy which Warburton talked so often about and on which the Academy was supposedly working to so that a flow of players into the first team squad would be well tuned to the first team playing philosophy; and so on.   

Point being there may be a whole lot more to the disease of systemic and institutional failings than boardroom / director / financial stuff although to be fair if these are largely sorted and settled then it provides a stronger foundation to settle other failings.    

Now that Johnston has let it be known that such failings exist it seems to me there is a duty owed to the Support to go on and explain what is being done to remedy them.   I'm not looking for dirty washing to be aired in public because we have enough self-infliction on that score anyway, but it does seem reasonable to me to require updates from time to time from directors to say whether the failings that Johnston alluded to have been remedied.    

In raising the subject Johnston has provided a key theme that should  be followed up at the AGM by directors giving an update, or (if necessary) by large shareholders placing questions before the directors and requiring full and complete responses.     Then again, its Rangers and directors these days have an unwelcome habit of opening their mouths and making statements which then get quietly forgotten about.   

I re-read the reports regards those AJ quotes and it seemed to point more towards the football operation and would include the selection process for the last manager. As I said in the OP, I think it goes deeper than that and that some major decisions will have to be taken with an eye to put things right. 

It would seem to me what with the advertised change re.director of communications, the DoF announcement of the new scouting set-up and the ongoing selection procedure for first team manager,... that the board are looking to make structural changes that might begin addressing the AJ quotes.

Quotes that I think would only have been made if he thought a process was in place attempting to correct failings and that could be pointed toward at the AGM to be so doing.