McEwan's Lager

Steven Notman Testimonial. Berwick Rangers v Rangers XI.

Thought this may be of interest because it hasn't been that well advertised on Rangers sites.

A Rangers XI is playing Berwick Rangers in aid of Steven Notman's testimonial year.

KO is is 7.45 PM, Wednesday 15 November, Shielfield Park, Berwick.

Pay at the gate. 10 pound for adults.

A Wednesday night in November is a bit of a shite time for the guy's testimonial. Hope he gets a decent crowd though. 

Last time we played there we had to deal with all 4 seasons in 90 minutes, was sunny one minute and lashing down with snow the next, will be giving this a miss

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

A Wednesday night in November is a bit of a shite time for the guy's testimonial. Hope he gets a decent crowd though. 

Yeah. Would have been nice if it was a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in July or August.

I will go if I can make it but it's not looking likely sadly.

Just now, Gustav said:

Last time we played there we had to deal with all 4 seasons in 90 minutes, was sunny one minute and lashing down with snow the next, will be giving this a miss

Day of the Game.

Just now, Gustav said:

Hawl anyone going to this from farmville and want to give me a ride.

Worth going to Berwick just for the chip shop out on the main street 

Just now, McEwan's Lager said:

Day of the Game.

Just now, Gustav said:

Hawl anyone going to this from farmville and want to give me a ride.

Hmmmmmm.

Mind Seb Faure scored against them

Just now, Gustav said:

Mind Seb Faure scored against them

3 O'clock in the morning for me to see Argryiou score an OG :lol: 

3 O'clock in the morning for me to see Argryiou score an OG :lol: 

'3rd division will be a piece of piss, 3 points every week easy'

Think we took 2 points from our first 3 away games :lol: 

7 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah. Would have been nice if it was a Saturday or Sunday afternoon in July or August.

I will go if I can make it but it's not looking likely sadly.

The international weekend is the weekend before the 15th. Even playing it then would've brought in a few more punters. 

Just now, Captain Hilts said:

The international weekend is the weekend before the 15th. Even playing it then would've brought in a few more punters. 

They will have a game that weekend. 

6 minutes ago, Gustav said:

'3rd division will be a piece of piss, 3 points every week easy'

Think we took 2 points from our first 3 away games :lol: 

I think the first game I managed to see that season was Annan away in the January on TV because i'd moved into a flat in the July which didn't have an internet connection.

I remember walking into the supporters club at like 2am to watch it thinking what the fuck has actually happened.

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

They will have a game that weekend. 

Ah right enough. Forgot the lower leagues still played their fixtures on international weekends.

The first game I managed to see that season was Annan away in the January on TV because i'd moved into a flat in the July which didn't have an internet connection.

I remember walking into the supporters club at like 2am to watch it thinking what the fuck has actually happened.

That's one of worst experiences I've ever had at a football game, couldn't see a thing unless you were the front row or 7ft tall because it was just a flat bit of ground. :lol: 

Stevie will get a good turn out down from the Borders, don’t know him personally but know of a lot of folk heading down. 

8 minutes ago, Gustav said:

That's one of worst experiences I've ever had at a football game, couldn't see a thing unless you were the front row or 7ft tall because it was just a flat bit of ground. :lol: 

I think it was pretty much Monday morning where I was and I had to go back to the work next day. I think I walked most of the way home cause I didn't have enough money for a taxi.

Crawled into bed at 4am, work at 9am, then had to come home from work early cause the missus at the time fell off a horse :lol: 

2 hours ago, Gustav said:

It was the second coldest I have ever been at a football match, a New Years game  v them when Ally and Fleck scored beats it though with a Dundee Utd in close 3rd

I’m heading down to this gonna take a flute and drums 

Rangers who now play top class friendlies for their U 20 squad were always going to bring a strong squad for Steven Notman’s Testimonial at Shielfield tomorrow Wednesday 15 November KO 7.45pm.

However, today the Ibrox club have added the following members of their 1st team pool:

Liam Kelly GK

Lee Hodson

David Bates

Fabio Cardoso

Carlos Pena

Aaron Nemane

Eduardo Herrera

Dalcio

Jonatan Johansson will take the team with Billy Kirkwood.

However it may be that Acting Manager Graeme Murty will be there too.

There is cash admission £10 Adult  £5 Conc and we will update on segregation matters on this page Wednesday and on gates in use.  Testimonial programme is £2.

Might well go now If can get.

Sadly working now and can't make this but I think it's a much better idea to have an XI with the fringe-players instead. 

The youths are getting good run out's in their own scheduled games, this fixture will be more beneficial to the club to have the likes of Herrera, Pena, Dalcio, Cardoso, Bates, Hodson and Nemane playing instead, IMO.

Rangers 6-1 The Dalcio x4, Bates x1 and Notman OG

Funniest testimonial I ever went to was Eadie's at Clydebank in 94/95, I think at old Kilbowie.

We sent a strong team - Goram, McCoist, Durie (I think), Durrant etc ..

3-2 Rangers, last couple of minutes Clydebank get a penalty ... to make it 3-3 .. up steps Eadie on his testimonial ... Goram makes a flying save :lol: ... even the Rangers fans were boo'ing Goram for being a fucking dick :lol: