*** Appreciation of the RM Erskine Fund

govanblue

Hi Team,

just a quick one here.

I occasionally  read the odd post where an RM Member is saying something along the lines of "the Fund deserves more recognition for what it does".

Well the truth is, we don't want recognition, and ask specifically that we don't get it.  We get our thank-you's privately, and just keep them within the Bears' Den, and that suits us.

But in response to those who do think we should get more recognition, here's a brief update:

Erskine Military Ball - The Fund was invited to the Fundraisers' Event of the Year.  £100 a ticket, and we got two free!!!

2-171.jpg

Inevitably, I turned up late, and couldn't find my table.  There were about 45 tables, and I figured I'd be on #46, with the kids and Cousin Ruprek, but it turns out we were in fact TOP Table!  Not bad and more honour than I could cope with really!  :p: 

And in other news, our Very Good Friend, Colin Stewart, Director of Rangers Youth Development Co. has asked two of our members to join us with him in the Directors' Box for the Aberdeen game.  I'm trying to flog those obviously!  :p:

So never let it be said that either Erskine, or Rangers Youth Development Co. don't appreciate our efforts far more than we either let on, or really realise ourselves.  But let's not dwell on that, let's just focus on doing what we do best.

And for the record, there are only 100 of these Erskine Centenary Thank-You Medals in existence - One is displayed proudly in the Rangers trophy Room...

Bishtour7.thumb.jpg.eb4d6f4af6d48cd262d1

And another in The Fund trophy room.

GB_Medal2.thumb.jpg.409bfcdf954095bc738022f9f5df6641.jpg

We got ours first btw.  :p:

But in terms of recognition, this is still probably the one that mean most to me...

Thanks.thumb.jpg.2afc6ceaa566756624b971739a6b88eb.jpg

I think that's a clear example of how what we do is different to your regular charity donations, and worth doing no matter what else you do with your time and money.  But then I'm biased.  :p:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

57 minutes ago, jintybear said:

@govanblue I need a link for the erskine fund so I can get poppy badges from @tosh

It's @TASH not tosh. :p:

But you're probably best going through @Zetland first, until she's sold the ones she picked up specifically for RM members.  Tash will just have to hang on. :p:

And for payment, just the same as your membership donation, if you still have that to hand, if not Zetland will fill you in. :tu:

1 minute ago, govanblue said:

It's @TASH not tosh. :p:

But you're probably going through @Zetland first, until she's sold the ones she picked up specifically for RM members.  Tash will just have to hang on. :p:

And for payment, just the same as your membership donation, if you still have that to hand, if not Zetland will fill you in. :tu:

@Zetland

2 hours ago, JWAC said:

That's heart warming to read @Govan Bear sorry I changed my name again

Haha, there was one thread where his humour didn't go down too well with gustav. 

Yes, well I haven't changed mine. :p:

I think gustav was more angry at himself for falling hook line and sinker for such an obvious windup. :p: