January

Right so with us a 11 games in we can see who's working and who isn't. What do we reckon we need. My personal view is that a left mid with a similar ability of candias would make a huge difference. Actually would keep windass as a squad player. He actually gets in great positions through the middle just has the worst finishing I have ever witnessed in a Rangers shirt. Surely that shooting we could improve on the training field greatly. 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only one I hope we get in January is Moult. Think he'll score us goals and could be great alongside Morelos. Or has more goals in him than all our other strikers combined if something happened to Morelos. McLean and walker I'd hold off on and let a new manager decide.

Much depends when the new manager comes in as I believe in a clean slate approach.

That's not to say though if someone came in for a player thats not key for us that we shouldn't sell. I'd bite someone's hand off for a decent offer for Windass.

2 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

walker

I'd forget all about him, he has been woeful this season but that could be down to him not getting his move in the summer.

Agree that Windass can go whenever and i'd make an offer for Moult.

We drastically need to strengthen the left hand side but that said, i think John in front of Wallace would be reasonably good.

If we are still only 6 points behind then this board need to find the resources to back the new manager and push on to make a challenge for the title, the beggars seem to be struggling with Europe and when they make changes the players coming in aren't as good as they would have you believe, draws may be their downfall.

Yeah no walker for me either. A Barry McKay esque player but without being a wee shitebag would be ideal.                     Defiently think windass is just played out of position. His runs into the box would make him an great fit for the role Pedro placed Pena in. 

We can get Moult on a free contract in January and I'd like to see us get him.  He's been scoring quite regularly in this league for a few years now and still only 25.  I doubt Miller or Herrera will be here next season so getting him in would be good business.

The young guy Declan John looks promising and he's available on a free as well.  I like Lee Wallace but he's in his 30s now and this kid could be his replacement. 

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Except his finishing, Saturdays goal aside, is abysmal.

Pena, for all his faults, can at least finish.

Pena's one of our top scorers.  I think only Morelos and Dorrans have more goals than him.  He's been getting a fair amount of stick on here but the guy has shown an eye for goal.

McLean walker and moult for me in January.

I know walker has been pish this season to be fair to the guy he is playing in a crap team. I have seen enough of him to know he is good enough and will get his best years in a Rangers shirt.

Moult for obvious reasons

McLean is a tidy player. A midfield of dorrans McLean Holt and Jack is a major upgrade with good competition. 

Just think, a few years ago we had Ian black ?

I'd look to send back a couple of the guys we have on loan that clearly aren't good enough as well. Hopefully when Pedro is at his new club he'll take Pena and Herrera off our hands in order to free up some cash in January. Guys like Moult, Mclean, Walker, Morgan and Jordan Jones are the players we should be targeting. 

2 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Pena's one of our top scorers.  I think only Morelos and Dorrans have more goals than him.  He's been getting a fair amount of stick on here but the guy has shown an eye for goal.

Let's not forget he has been playing in an under-performing team aswell, his complete omission at Murrayfield raises a bit of doubt over his commitment to the cause but if he is prepared to knuckle down and work hard under a new manager then i still think he can become a key player for us.

Guys like Jack and Dorrans seem to be fans favourites but i am less than convinced so far, Jack needs to focus on his game and stop the silly carry on and Dorrans needs to show up more often, his performance against Motherwell was pathetic.

Priority is getting a new manager in and get everyone pulling in the same direction and we could yet see us back in the title race.

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Was going to suggest having a closer look at Jones, i speak to Adam Frizzells dad regularly and he watches all of Kilmarnocks games and has been raving about Jones.

Been raving about him for the past year,10 times better than walker fast,can beat a man, his finish against the scum on Saturday was top drawer,and he's strong as well

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

Been raving about him for the past year,10 times better than walker fast,can beat a man, his finish against the scum on Saturday was top drawer,and he's strong as well

I never seen his goal but he does seem to be doing the right things and getting good reviews.

You’d imagine McInnes will be in place for January transfer window. 

I’d be happy to go after the better SPFL players on frees (and lowish wages), such as Moult, Walker, McLean to give us more of a squad to chose from, and then maybe go for a bit of quality it there is any cash left in the bank. 

We are painfully thin in terms of our squad, and it always helps to take the diddy teams best players. Don’t often get to do that on mass with pre-contracts.