Confirmation of the away game ballot process

FlippinEck

Forgot I had got a reply from the ticket office regarding the ballot process for those on CCCS.

-------------

There is currently over 9000 members subscribed to receive away matches under the continuous credit card scheme. The continuous credit card scheme is a seasonal scheme and does not consider pass season history when allocating tickets.

After the Hearts match ticket were distributed there is slightly under half of the members allocated three away match tickets with the rest been allocated two tickets. Tickets are balloted just from a random draw though the number of tickets you have been allocated does affect the draw. When we first start balloting tickets for the first away match of the season every member is included in the draw. We randomly select the number of members for the tickets available to the continuous credit card scheme, for the next away match the tickets will be balloted amongst the members that have not been allocated a ticket yet. Again we select the number of member equivalent to the number of ticket the continuous credit card scheme has available, we continue along this way until everybody has been allocated a ticket. Once everybody has been allocated a ticket we then put everybody back into the drawing pot. This way members should have roughly the same amount of tickets allocated at the end of the season.

--------------

I have only had Partick Thistle (Cup) and Hearts this season.

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I've had 3. Well hamilton.and hearts.

Pretty much no chance of.aberdeen or hibs going by that 

I take from that that everyone got chucked back in the pot for the Dundee ballot because everyone got Hearts. 

1 hour ago, FlippinEck said:

Forgot I had got a reply from the ticket office regarding the ballot process for those on CCCS.

-------------

There is currently over 9000 members subscribed to receive away matches under the continuous credit card scheme. The continuous credit card scheme is a seasonal scheme and does not consider pass season history when allocating tickets.

After the Hearts match ticket were distributed there is slightly under half of the members allocated three away match tickets with the rest been allocated two tickets. Tickets are balloted just from a random draw though the number of tickets you have been allocated does affect the draw. When we first start balloting tickets for the first away match of the season every member is included in the draw. We randomly select the number of members for the tickets available to the continuous credit card scheme, for the next away match the tickets will be balloted amongst the members that have not been allocated a ticket yet. Again we select the number of member equivalent to the number of ticket the continuous credit card scheme has available, we continue along this way until everybody has been allocated a ticket. Once everybody has been allocated a ticket we then put everybody back into the drawing pot. This way members should have roughly the same amount of tickets allocated at the end of the season.

--------------

I have only had Partick Thistle (Cup) and Hearts this season.

Same as me mate.

14 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Should be a points system.

Every system has it's flaws, though.

With the numbers in the scheme i.dont think a points system would work.

Don't really think there's a better way of doing it imo. Cause it could technically be tarriers away so nearly everyone gets one. Then Hamilton so hardly anyone gets one. However that would put some.on maximum points and others only one.

So if its Hamilton then Ross county after the taigs for example the points would sit a minority on 3 and a majority on 1 point. 

Then if we get killie it will go 4 2 and another small allocation like hearts again the minority would be 5 2 ahead of the majority 

Don't really think there's a better way of doing it imo. Cause it could technically be tarriers away so nearly everyone gets one. Then Hamilton so hardly anyone gets one. However that would put some.on maximum points and others only one.

So if its Hamilton then Ross county after the taigs for example the points would sit a minority on 3 and a majority on 1 point. 

Then if we get killie it will go 4 2 and another small allocation like hearts again the minority would be 5 2 ahead of the majority 

Unless you dont mean working it.that way then forget I posted please :lol:

20 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Every system has it's flaws, though.

:lol:

The guy who applies for away games on my behalf has got Ross County, Thistle (think it was the cup), Hearts and now Dundee which is 4. 

X2 on them all due to a friendship 

past years he’s got both celtic aways too which is rare - not complaining but what that email says doesn’t really add up 

10 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

I've had 3. Well hamilton.and hearts.

Pretty much no chance of.aberdeen or hibs going by that 

Was thinking that myself bud as I've had 3 also. Should be sorted for the tarriers though. ??

I have only had 2 - Partick (cup) and Hearts - previous seasons in the top flight the allocations were done in advance - with an additional allocation after the split. Unusual to get 2 manky mob aways in a season as stated above - never had that scenario as far as I can remember.

1 minute ago, savenosouls said:

I have only had 2 - Partick (cup) and Hearts - previous seasons in the top flight the allocations were done in advance - with an additional allocation after the split. Unusual to get 2 manky mob aways in a season as stated above - never had that scenario as far as I can remember.

One year I put my renewal form in after deadline and he came back to the window with a sheet of paper that said celtic, Hearts and two others that was unheard of celtic and Hearts even more so I think it was that season after Helicopter Sunday when they first made the allocation 900 at Tynecastle 

3 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

Just make it everyone gets a point wether you get a ticket or not, you only lose a point if you reject a ticket, then you categorise the games so only certain points get you into the ballot

Means if you take every away ticket you are given you will be in the ballot for tarriers, sheep etc, and then its down to pot luck

Then in the extreme cases where we might have spares (highly doubtful) offer them to rsc's, again based on what rsc has most points etc