Brenda

SheriffHood

Why was he never considered for another job in England after Liverpool? From the time he left them to taking over at the scum, plenty of decent jobs were available down there at one time or other, even abroad, yet he was never approached. I don't think he's a great manager, decent at best, but you'd think someone would have taken a punt on him.

Personally I think Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez and Gerrard carried him, and once they were gone, or fucked in the case of Sturridge, he was found out big time. I don't think he's got the bottle to go back there. O'Neil was found out when he went back down, as was popcorn teeth. Brenda wouldn't be any different.

1 hour ago, SheriffHood said:

Why was he never considered for another job in England after Liverpool? From the time he left them to taking over at the scum, plenty of decent jobs were available down there at one time or other, even abroad, yet he was never approached. I don't think he's a great manager, decent at best, but you'd think someone would have taken a punt on him.

Personally I think Sterling, Sturridge, Suarez and Gerrard carried him, and once they were gone, or fucked in the case of Sturridge, he was found out big time. I don't think he's got the bottle to go back there. O'Neil was found out when he went back down, as was popcorn teeth. Brenda wouldn't be any different.

Agreed.

I don't know why people keep thinking this. As much of a complete walloper the guy is, he's clearly a good manager and motivator. 

Mourinho thought he was worth promoting to the be head of the youth teams at Chelsea, he was kept as reserves manager by 3 Chelsea bosses. 

Did really well at Swansea, had the best 12 months Liverpool have had in 2 decades and barring a slip would have won the league. He's not lost a game in Scotland in god knows how long. 

He's a good manager, when things went tits up at Liverpool it was because Comolli was signing complete shite like Balotelli, Benteke etc. He's not got the best transfer record, and that's where his weakness lies. But he's sadly a very good manager and we should stop kidding ourselves otherwise

56 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

I don't know why people keep thinking this. As much of a complete walloper the guy is, he's clearly a good manager and motivator. 

Mourinho thought he was worth promoting to the be head of the youth teams at Chelsea, he was kept as reserves manager by 3 Chelsea bosses. 

Did really well at Swansea, had the best 12 months Liverpool have had in 2 decades and barring a slip would have won the league. He's not lost a game in Scotland in god knows how long. 

He's a good manager, when things went tits up at Liverpool it was because Comolli was signing complete shite like Balotelli, Benteke etc. He's not got the best transfer record, and that's where his weakness lies. But he's sadly a very good manager and we should stop kidding ourselves otherwise

I think he's proved in Europe he's not actually that great.

His record in Europe stinks. Won 3/12 last season and after PSG game will have lost 5/6.

Lost to a team from Gibraltar and throw in some record defeats is he any better than Delia. 

I honestly believe that our manager would be slaughtered for a similar reason record. 

They were ranked 64th in Europe before their recent pumpings.

The match commentary and press reaction to another home defeat is baffling and odd. 

I remember when They expected to win games.  Hell mend them. 

1 hour ago, With Heart and Hand said:

hes not a great European manager but he's the best manager in Scotland by far. Don't see why people feel the need to insult their own intelligence by pretending he's a shite when he isnt.

What he is , is a half decent manager in a shite league with a budget nobody else can match.

12 hours ago, pcbear said:

I don't know why people keep thinking this.

19 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

barring a slip would have won the league.

His team blew a 3 goal lead away to Crystal Palace after the slip, so i don't know why people claim that solitary slip cost them the league.

*edit* don't know why it has quoted pcbear the first time when both quotes were from PlymouthRanger.

18 hours ago, SheriffHood said:

What he is , is a half decent manager in a shite league with a budget nobody else can match.

He's like the primary 7 kid who's had his growth spurt early and so rules the roost at the wee school then gets his head kicked in after the summer when he tries it at the big school :mutley: