The Monk

Michel Preud'homme

If this guy did indeed apply and hold talks with us, I hope we've still got his number.

11 minutes ago, jim beam said:

Haha I can imagine that conversation “Hello Michel we’ve had second thoughts” “You haven’t watched  or read anything in the Scottish MSM lately have you”?

That's exactly what I'm hoping tbh :lol: 

This is the man we should be going for.

dont care any more, as soon as i do i get fucked by the very people charged with keeping us happy

hear that king? that's your fucking job - keeping stakeholders happy

37 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Has he had any offers in the time we’ve spent pissing about?

If he hasn’t then why not? Bloody board wasting our time with no-hopers like him.

If he has then why didn’t the board get their finger out and get quality like him in?

:dance:

6 hours ago, harlands plater said:

Has he had any offers in the time we’ve spent pissing about?

Aye the team who are bottom or 2nd bottom of the Belgian league.

Think it's the team he supports though 

Advocaat was successful in Holland and though he enjoyed a couple of great seasons, his squad of multi million pound superstars fell apart.

PLG won the French title and looked to be an inspired appointment but he couldn't handle the Scottish game and failed miserably.

Pedro enjoyed success in Mexico but was an abject failure in Scotland.

Going on past experiences of foreign managers the appointment of Mph would be a huge gamble and not one worth taking IMO.

12 hours ago, Bronzy said:

If this guy did indeed apply and hold talks with us, I hope we've still got his number.

I think that ship already sailed. Board is a shambles.

10 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

MW, McCoist, McCall, KM

I think it's fair to say most of us are struggling to agree on an ideal candidate. I stated my reasons for not being overly optimistic about bringing in another foreign coach, but you're right there's no guarantees with a British coach either.

1 hour ago, Real Ranger said:

I think it's fair to say most of us are struggling to agree on an ideal candidate. I stated my reasons for not being overly optimistic about bringing in another foreign coach, but you're right there's no guarantees with a British coach either.

Thats what it comes down to, there are no guarantees no matter who you go for, spot on.

People may suggest that one is more of a gamble than the other, but each person has strengths and weaknesses, to be foreign doesn’t really matter as long as due diligence has been done on the person and he’s deemed a good fit for us.

It’s not as if there are not obvious reasons for PLG and PCs failure.

PLG couldn’t speak English FFS, and although PC could he was a complete unknown with the papers not even knowing who the hell he was. Those were complete gambles, but I feel MPH is different. His CV backs up his managment ability and he’s played at the highest level.

One things for sure though if anyone like that did take over, the board should hold a meeting with the players and tell them if they do not respect, be open minded, or buy into the new managers ideas from the very start, then the disciplinary procedure will be started with all guilty parties.

It is upper management that decide if the manager is not performing, not the players. If they have a problem go to the manager in private and talk to him man to man.

Makes too much sense so probably won’t happen, seems like it’s a free for all at the club.

12 hours ago, ZZed said:

This is the man we should be going for.

Exactly mate - but our executive shat themselves and failed to secure their softest option.  No matter what the fuck you do, you'll always be outed - and that is what has happened to our secondrate executive.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

It’s mental that some people actually use a managers nationality to form an opinion on how well they will do and then hold up other managers records as if that has any bearing on it either :lol:

Ludicrous isn't it. The same people who'll worship Advocaat but write off someone with a similar record from a country 50 miles away...

What is it with these pesky foreigners not getting the physical aspect or Scottish style. 

1. Stachan says we all too wee and these big foreigners are too strong

2. Every time our strong physical Scottish teams take on a technical European team we get pumped. 

We need a manager with a good cv

You know what'll end up happening... we'll get to the point in 4 weeks that we want to speak to him and some other team'll come in and take him.