Sign in to follow this  
Siwel

Alan Pardew

Not for me.

I think he’s a decent manager and I quite like him but he is a bit hot headed.

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Got to hand it to the taig media, they have us convinced it’s McInnes so if it isn’t him the guy coming in hasn’t a hope in hell of getting the fans onside. 

"......they HAD SOME convinced..."

Surely KAIco didn't fall for the utterings of the daily rhabid?!

Seems I’m in the minority here but I’d take Pardew. An established manager with bags of experience. His downfall always seemed to be that he spent all his money on very average foreign players. With the DoF that’s not going to be an issue. 

I'd prefer Pardew over McInnes has managed at a far higher level.

Shows how useless our board actually are with the 'must be British line' look at our last two British and our last two foreign managers and all four have been disasters.

It's nothing to do with where they are born, it's to do with who's right for the job. What other industry does the best candidate for the job not get the role?

So far to our knowledge, that's Michel Preud'homme and until someone better applies I do not see why it wouldn't go to him. 

9 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

"......they HAD SOME convinced..."

Surely KAIco didn't fall for the utterings of the daily rhabid?!

From the guy who believes the utterings of ill phil:lol:

5 hours ago, City_of_Blue said:

The day this cockney prick gets the Rangers job is the day I pack my suitcase and take a trek into the North Sea.

Avoid!

Just curious, if you'd take a trek into the North sea, what do you need the suitcase for?

3 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

Just curious, if you'd take a trek into the North sea, what do you need the suitcase for?

Inflatables 

6 minutes ago, SheriffHood said:

He’s clearly going to visit and stay with Poseidon. :duh:

11 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Mad how the same people who want McInnes are quick to dismiss Pardew.

Pardew lead Palace to their highest ever finish in the Prem, he also guided Newcastle to European football for first time in how long. 

Got Reading promoted to the Championship in his first full season too. 

Yet we've to accept someone who failed at Bristol City and has one cup to his name and few 2nd place finishes while us, Hibs, Hearts & Dundee Utd were all out of the league at different points?

Not advocating Pardew in the slightest but it's mad how some peoples brains work. Must be because McInnes is a Rangers man cause he hasn't got much else in his favour.

Maybe it's because Pardew is a lunatic

Edit: I'm not really thrilled at the prospect of McInnes either btw

3 minutes ago, Amato said:

Maybe it's because Pardew is a lunatic

Edit: I'm not really thrilled at the prospect of McInnes either btw

Agreed he is a lunatic but he's not as big a lunatic as the board we've got right now willing to give the sheep 1.5m for McInnes. 

Bielsa is one of the biggest lunatics you will ever come across but he's a great manager. Again not advocating Pardew in the slightest, just trying to understand why people think McInnes is acceptable standard for Rangers when he's clearly not.

2 hours ago, Loyaleastend said:

Probably the filth who spread all these rumours actually, they are obsessed with us, their would be journalists are a disgrace and scotland is riddled with the bitter bastards

"By Stephen McGowan"

Pardews CV is average , but at a FAR higher level than McInnes who has never been under ANY pressure . The sheep had 11 days rest over a fatigued Tim team on Wednesday, the tims rested sinclair and Roberts, changed formation to a back three and still thrashed the sheep on their own patch. Not a word of criticisms came Del's way. He's got potential but as far as I'm concerned he's too big a gamble and the compensation makes it a NO  for me and on a straight choice I'd go for the more experienced Pardew. People say hes hot headed, show me any manager in modern day football who isn't. 

7 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Pardews CV is average , but at a FAR higher level than McInnes who has never been under ANY pressure . The sheep had 11 days rest over a fatigued Tim team on Wednesday, the tims rested sinclair and Roberts, changed formation to a back three and still thrashed the sheep on their own patch. Not a word of criticisms came Del's way. He's got potential but as far as I'm concerned he's too big a gamble and the compensation makes it a NO  for me and on a straight choice I'd go for the more experienced Pardew. People say hes hot headed, show me any manager in modern day football who isn't. 

It’s not that Pardew is hot headed, it’s that he’s a shite manager and a massive cringey cunt.

1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Shows how useless our board actually are with the 'must be British line' look at our last two British and our last two foreign managers and all four have been disasters.

45 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Agreed he is a lunatic but he's not as big a lunatic as the board we've got right now willing to give the sheep 1.5m for McInnes. 

I'm not for backing the Board in the slightest, but I'd be wary of also believing what the agenda driven media are puting out as fact.

As far as I know there is no stipulation from the Board about any candidate nationality, nor is there a shred of evidence we're considering giving the sheep 1.5m for mcinnes..

The Board decision can't be easy, given we as a support don't have a preferred candidate either. No matter who they decide it will be the wrong choice in the opinion of many. But that doesn't make it right to blame the Board now for gossip we dont like the sound of from papers that don't like Rangers.

Plenty other stuff to legitly blame them for 😁.

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It’s not that Pardew is hot headed, it’s that he’s a shite manager and a massive cringey cunt.

Can't agree he's a shite manager and it'll be a massive gamble to see if McInnes can operate at anywhere near the level Pardew has been at.

6 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

Can't agree he's a shite manager and it'll be a massive gamble to see if McInnes can operate at anywhere near the level Pardew has been at.

He’s ruined the last 2 clubs he’s been at. 

Just now, ianferguson said:

Aberdeen's best player is someone on loan from them, not competing with them isn't something you can use against him imo

Just now, Siwel said:

He’s ruined the last 2 clubs he’s been at. 

As manager of Newcastle, Pardew won both the Premier League Manager of the Season and the LMA Manager of the Year awards for the 2011–12 season after guiding the Magpies to European football for the first time since the club's return to the Premier League.

Mcinnes could only dream of that , pardews last two clubs are still in the EPL so they're hardly ruined. I'm not advocating Pardew as a great manager but imo he's got FAR more to offer than McInnes who i think so far is nothing more than potential .

3 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Aberdeen's best player is someone on loan from them, not competing with them isn't something you can use against him imo

Not over a season definitely, but his head to heads are very poor and Wednesdays circumstances are damning for me. 

2 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

As manager of Newcastle, Pardew won both the Premier League Manager of the Season and the LMA Manager of the Year awards for the 2011–12 season after guiding the Magpies to European football for the first time since the club's return to the Premier League.

Mcinnes could only dream of that , pardews last two clubs are still in the EPL so they're hardly ruined. I'm not advocating Pardew as a great manager but imo he's got FAR more to offer than McInnes who i think so far is nothing more than potential .

Newcastle stayed up the season he left by the skin of their teeth, then got relegated the next season. Crystal Palace the exact same will go down this season. Let’s not forget this banner the Newcastle fans put up for him..

1A3FB588-ECBA-490D-A1F8-E23283FA8EE4.jpeg