Sign in to follow this  
Siwel

Alan Pardew

51 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Was Pardew any worse than Rodgers in the EPL?

Rodgers has the better win percentage in the EPL.

Pardew guided 2 of the teams he managed to the FA Cup final though.

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

2 FA cup finals,a promotion,a top 10 finish with Palace after he took them over in 19th,a 5th place with Newcastle and 2 manager of the year awards,pisses all over McInnes cv

He isn't a "Rangers man" though.

Lost 2 cup finals...

Is that not called bottling it? Or does that only get used for some people?

2-0 up and lost a final :dunno:

9 minutes ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

‘He’s never managed in Scotland, how would he know Moult is the next Lukaku’

all these prem managers are money managers, we need someone like Mcinnes who does a good job on a shoe string and can spot good players and get the best out of them. 

6 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

all these prem managers are money managers, we need someone like Mcinnes who does a good job on a shoe string and can spot good players and get the best out of them. 

Tbf Pardew managed Reading and Southampton in the lower leagues with not a great amount to spend,was responsible for taking Ricky Lambert there,he ticks alot of boxes for me far more than McInnes

17 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Lost 2 cup finals...

Still an achievement getting the sides he got there to finals 

15 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Still an achievement getting the sides he got there to finals 

It was, but then his team bottled a 2-0 and they lost.

I don’t really care tbh, people on both sides are too entrenched in their own view that they don’t hold the same standards across the board and come away with shite to discount the person they don’t want while ignoring anything against the person they do.

All lines up perfectly with the return of mike Ashley 👍

What a situation we have guys putting themselves up for the job who have a vast experience of the game but it seems we are going to go for someone with no great claims to anything who in my opionion will knock us back which the fukin mhedia would have a field day with.

37 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

:belm:

9 hours ago, MasterD said:

Lost 2 cup finals...

2-0 up and losing is most definitely bottling it. 

Of course it’s nice to see you miss the point of why I think McInnes bottled it. 

9 hours ago, MasterD said:

It was, but then his team bottled a 2-0 and they lost.

I don’t really care tbh, people on both sides are too entrenched in their own view that they don’t hold the same standards across the board and come away with shite to discount the person they don’t want while ignoring anything against the person they do.

Again not entirely true, I think Pardew and McInnes would do more or less the same job in the short term. 

Long term McInnes hasn’t got the answers to beat the scum and maintain a European campaign. 

Pardew, well he will do his usual and go absolutely bonkers. 

3 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Scary as he's selling his club 😱

13 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

McCoist was supposedly a Rangers man and he's arguably the worst manager in our history,we really need to get away from all this Rangers man pish look at the top sides in England they very rarely have a Man U man or a Chelsea man at the helm,it's bollocks and highlights the backwards thinking in this country.

Don't really get your point.

Are you saying that being a Rangers man means someone wouldn't be a success at the club, no matter who they are?

McCoist had never been a manager before while McInnes has years of experience at various clubs.

Pardew is a basket case that wants a high profile job to rehabilitate himself before getting another EPL job.

10 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

Are you saying that being a Rangers man means someone wouldn't be a success at the club, no matter who they are?

McCoist had never been a manager before while McInnes has years of experience at various clubs.

Pardew is a basket case that wants a high profile job to rehabilitate himself before getting another EPL job.

No I'm saying it shouldn't matter wether you're a Rangers man or not,the best candidate should get the job end of story and should be judged on his ability alone,if the best candidate is a Rangers man then fantastic and it's an added bonus but that's all.

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

No I'm saying it shouldn't matter wether you're a Rangers man or not,the best candidate should get the job end of story and should be judged on his ability alone,if the best candidate is a Rangers man then fantastic and it's an added bonus but that's all.

That's fair enough and totally agree, supporting the club shouldn't be a pre-requisite for getting the job.

However if a manager has the experience (I think DM does) and also has the benefit of knowing and supporting the club that can only be a good thing.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be offering Alex Rae the job or anything like that.

18 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

10 years of experience and has a win percentage comparable to Caixinha.

46 minutes ago, gazza87 said:

Including Bristol City who he near relegated to League 2.

Funnily enough they are in the Championship now and have been for a number of years...

14 hours ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

No hes a wanker.