MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

41 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Right so the days the day Del comes home aye 

Today is the day the teddy bears have their picnic.

2 minutes ago, Parlaneloyal said:

If McInnes doesn't come today for me it's time for big eck to come home 🤓

I’ll bite...

You can fuck off with that suggestion :p: 

23 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I mis read and thought you said your putting the bunting up and got Buck’s Fizz (the band) playing and thought that was a hilarious thought, gave you a like then read again and it’s the drink on ice you meant 

but I’m a man of my word and principles so the like stays 

I’ll stick Bucks Fizz on for one song just to earn your like, just one though, I’m not deaf enough to cope with any more! 

14 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

A very real risk.   What makes me wonder if the board are prepared to take that sort of risk is whether they have become so spooked by finding that 2 managerial appointments have failed in 2 years after they'd thought they'd made sound appointments designed to be successful and lasting that they have become solidly risk averse.   Playing safe by letting a sort of natural selection process happen and taking it from there under the guise of making an appointment this time that is as safe as they can make it and for the long term.    If they did delay until after the 2 Aberdeen games and the games go badly and McInnes rebuffed us then that would be a very dark football place to find ourselves........dithering in appointing a manager, the league gone, players wanting out in the Jan transfer window and only an interim at the helm.     A situation where there might be a lot fewer candidates still lining up for the job.

If McInnes is the preferred choice then I cannot see why there is a delay unless either the compensation is not affordable or not in territory that Rangers are prepared to pay, and / or the terms for McInnes are not attractive enough.   Problem is though that assumes there is negotiating dialogue between the parties but as far as I can see there are no reports of discussions being held.   That's not to say that informal soundings out are not happening.    Time will tell.   The sooner the better I hope. 

Can't really figure out what is going on tbh and I guess we have to reserve judgement until something tangible happens. Two wins and an International break allow the board some breathing space from heavy scrutiny but that will eventually end.

It's into territory where I can't even make a guess at what's actually going-on but that doesn't indicate we are doing things badly, just I don't have a clue. 

Regards the Aberdeen double-header, the AGM falls in between the two games.

If McInnes is the man for the job, by fuck get him in before the doubleheader with the sheep. What better way to unsettle a team than let them watch their manager go to your opposition.

If they skelp us twice would we still want McInnes? I think not

5 minutes ago, quabba said:

If McInnes is the man for the job, by fuck get him in before the doubleheader with the sheep. What better way to unsettle a team than let them watch their manager go to your opposition.

If they skelp us twice would we still want McInnes? I think not

Why wouldn’t we want him after he’s just beaten us twice with a team that cost a fraction of ours?

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Why wouldn’t we want him after he’s just beaten us twice with a team that cost a fraction of ours?

I've maybe put that the wrong way round, would McInnes still want to come to us

1 minute ago, quabba said:

I've maybe put that the wrong way round, would McInnes still want to come to us

Of course he would, bigger club, bigger budget, higher ceiling and he’s a bear. 

11 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

This is true, seen him in Miller & Carter earlier.

Who's Carter 

10 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Who's Carter 

I've heard of Coach Carter, maybe he's a coach? An Afro-Caribbean chap if I remember right.

15 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

Who's Carter 

Even for him being in both at same time is an achievement.

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Even for him being in both at same time is an achievement.

Must have 2 dicks. Sign him up 

3 hours ago, Parlaneloyal said:

If McInnes doesn't come today for me

:matron:

2 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

Who's Carter 

caine-XKIE_o_tn-414x276.jpg

The board have agreed to Get Carter.

9 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Its no happening today

What's making you say that? Was sceptical myself but that was just based on past disappointments.

2 hours ago, duffy2391 said:

I've heard of Coach Carter, maybe he's a coach? An Afro-Caribbean chap if I remember right.

He is sick and tired of those mutha fuckin snakes on that mutha fuckin plane too

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He is sick and tired of those mutha fuckin snakes on that mutha fuckin plane too

Wait, this Carter fella was on a plane with Warburton and Weir? 

10 minutes ago, duffy2391 said:

What's making you say that? Was sceptical myself but that was just based on past disappointments.

We ain't even officially approached Aberdeen yet. No chance he's announced as our next manager today