Jump to content
MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They're deluded to.think that. Deilas teams winning points tally would've been tough for a good Rangers team to match never mind Aberdeen  

A good Rangers team wouldn't have beaten that team? If we appoint McInnes is the object to make second more of a certainty then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

A good Rangers team wouldn't have beaten that team? If we appoint McInnes is the object to make second more of a certainty then?

That’s just not what he’s saying though is it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Siwel said:

That’s just not what he’s saying though is it?

What was he saying?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

A good Rangers team wouldn't have beaten that team? If we appoint McInnes is the object to make second more of a certainty then?

I think you should read again what I've said 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

What was he saying?

That a good Rangers team would have found it tough to get the amount of points Deilas team got.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Rfc52 said:

I think you should read again what I've said 

Do I need to? A good Rangers team would have found it hard to beat their previous manager's team for the league, and that Aberdeen fans were "deluded" to have expected better from McInnes' team during that period is what I read into what you have said. If I'm correct, then with Rangers being under budget to our rivals, what do you expect if McInnes is made manager?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Do I need to? A good Rangers team would have found it hard to beat their previous manager's team for the league, and that Aberdeen fans were "deluded" to have expected better from McInnes' team during that period is what I read into what you have said. If I'm correct, then with Rangers being under budget to our rivals, what do you expect if McInnes is made manager?

Fucksake man.

Mcinnes is closer to the taigs right now than we are with an aberdeen side that are miles below our budget let alone the taigs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kris Boyd, Brian Laudrup, Walter Smith, Charlie Adam, Lee McCulloch, Ryan Jack, Chris Sutton, Dick Advocaat, Barry Ferguson, Arthur Numan all speaking up the past 2-weeks wanting McInnes' to get the gig or thinking he's the best man for the job. Well not Smith in the past two weeks, he was speaking out before Pedro got appointed. 

I know Sutton's name looks odd in amongst that lot but he still said we should appoint him.

I don't know the Rangers boards thoughts. As I've said before I've no issue with them taking their time but I can't help feel if there was a desire for him and they wanted him, he'd be in the position of new Rangers manager by now.

I can see another left-field coming. No idea why, just can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They're deluded to.think that. Deilas teams winning points tally would've been tough for a good Rangers team to match never mind Aberdeen  

They wouldn't have got that points tally if they had been beat by the sheep though! :p: 

What the guy said was that the tims were dropping points and if Aberdeen hadn’t bottled it then they would have overtaken them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Kris Boyd, Brian Laudrup, Walter Smith, Charlie Adam, Lee McCulloch, Ryan Jack, Chris Sutton, Dick Advocaat, Barry Ferguson, Arthur Numan all speaking up the past 2-weeks wanting McInnes' to get the gig or thinking he's the best man for the job.

I know Sutton's name looks odd in amongst that lot but he still said we should appoint him.

I don't know the Rangers boards thoughts. As I've said before I've no issue with them taking their time but I can't help feel if there was a desire for him and they wanted him, he'd be in the position of new Rangers manager by now.

I can see another left-field coming. No idea why, just can.

But there’s still people saying the media only want us to get him so we don’t stop 10 in a row 🤷🏿‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jintybear said:

They wouldn't have got that points tally if they had been beat by the sheep though! :p: 

What the guy said was that the tims were dropping points and if Aberdeen hadn’t bottled it then they would have overtaken them.

Aberdeen did beat them. A 5 1 doing at home to st Johnstone etc fucked them.

The level of consistency he's brought to them is incredible imo. They were nearly relegated or struggled like fuck for years.

Their fans are delusional bitter fucks imo. I don't know what they've expected but it's daft.

Cunts still think it's the 80s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I expect Rangers to first and foremost become consistent at beating the other shite in the league since you've mentioned budgets then we should obviously with our budget be doing this.

We need to be consistent against the shite before contemplating challenging the fenians. Thats it in a nutshell right now. 

I expect he will bring a level of consistency to Rangers should he get the gig. I watched Aberdeen in the Scottish cup final and the night they beat us 2 1 at ibrox and that was 2 of the most impressive displays I've seen from a Scottish side against either of us in a long time. Scottish cup final they tired and were genuinely unlucky. They should have been out of sight at one point.

Anyway like I say when we start taking 10-12 points off the teams in the league then the tarriers will be going into games under oressure. Especially if they play Thursday Sunday Thursday Sunday as it looks like they will be.

He's not an outstanding candidate but he will get us near them with a better budget at us.

Just my opinion of course 

 

On closer inspection there is nothing remarkable about how Aberdeen have been performing in the past few years; much of what they have achieved in terms of their place in the table was, arguably so, down to our absence from the top flight. That they are deluded for what Jintybear said was one of their fans opinion that they should have done better is hardly deluded. You being so sure that McInnes would contending for titles if he was manager at Rangers is perhaps deluded. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I was speaking to an Aberdeen fan in work today and he was saying he wouldn’t be too bothered if McInness left. He said he knows a lot of Aberdeen fans who think the same. He’s not bitter and we usually have good football chat, his whole family are Rangers supporters but one of his pals was a sheep so he went against the grain. He said that he thinks McInness should have done better in a league where there was no competition in the delia era. He felt that the league was there for the taking although he accepts that second is more than he ever thought he would ever see.

On their forums they are saying the same kind of stuff, funnily enough when it was Scotland he was being linked to they were all saying they need to get him to stay and he should turn them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Aberdeen did beat them. A 5 1 doing at home to st Johnstone etc fucked them.

The level of consistency he's brought to them is incredible imo. They were nearly relegated or struggled like fuck for years.

Their fans are delusional bitter fucks imo. I don't know what they've expected but it's daft.

Cunts still think it's the 80s

I totally agree with you. I actually want McInness and I told him we would be more than happy to take him off their hands. I do think they are delusional and think they are better than they are but as I said (obviously he doesn’t speak for all the sheep fans) I thought I would post what he said as an indicator of what some of their fans think of him. Maybe it’s the defensive side coming out incase they lose him to us.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I find myself caring less and less of what other people's opinions on the internet or the media is though.

I honestly can't remember such a period in my life where I've seen so many clueless, braindead or short-memory stricken wanks commenting on Rangers or life in general as I see these days. 

If you’re talking about just in here I think a lot of those you mean aren’t Rangers fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I totally agree with you. I actually want McInness and I told him we would be more than happy to take him off their hands. I do think they are delusional and think they are better than they are but as I said (obviously he doesn’t speak for all the sheep fans) I thought I would post what he said as an indicator of what some of their fans think of him. Maybe it’s the defensive side coming out incase they lose him to us.......

Like someone said above when Scotland wanted him he was the next fergie. We go in for him and he's shite  they're pathetic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

On closer inspection there is nothing remarkable about how Aberdeen have been performing in the past few years; much of what they have achieved in terms of their place in the table was, arguably so, down to our absence from the top flight. That they are deluded for what Jintybear said was one of their fans opinion that they should have done better is hardly deluded. You being so sure that McInnes would contending for titles if he was manager at Rangers is perhaps deluded. 

They finished 9th the seasons before Mcinnes took over, then finished third once and second every other year under him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

If you’re talking about just in here I think a lot of those you mean aren’t Rangers fans.

Here
There
Everywhere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jintybear said:

I totally agree with you. I actually want McInness and I told him we would be more than happy to take him off their hands. I do think they are delusional and think they are better than they are but as I said (obviously he doesn’t speak for all the sheep fans) I thought I would post what he said as an indicator of what some of their fans think of him. Maybe it’s the defensive side coming out incase they lose him to us.......

How did he react when Jack was on his way here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

On closer inspection there is nothing remarkable about how Aberdeen have been performing in the past few years; much of what they have achieved in terms of their place in the table was, arguably so, down to our absence from the top flight. That they are deluded for what Jintybear said was one of their fans opinion that they should have done better is hardly deluded. You being so sure that McInnes would contending if he was manager at Rangers is perhaps deluded. 

I'm deluded at thinking the guy who finished closer to the taigs than us last season with a worse squad than ours would get us closer to the taigs? Ok!

How was what they achieved down to us not being there?

They were cannon fodder before DM took over them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Siwel said:

How did he react when Jack was on his way here?

That Jack was shite and wouldn't be missed.

But to be fair, the comments I seen from them since before we were interested were the same. Didn't think he was a good captain and McInnes over-rated him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I'm deluded at thinking the guy who finished closer to the taigs than us last season with a worse squad than ours would get us closer to the taigs? Ok!

How was what they achieved down to us not being there?

They were cannon fodder before DM took over them.

Someone lurking piping in with a comment about McInnes and Bristol City from almost ten years ago in ... 5-4-3-2......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×