MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

That Jack was shite and wouldn't be missed.

But to be fair, the comments I seen from them since before we were interested were the same. Didn't think he was a good captain and McInnes over-rated him. 

I seen a good few Fans on twitter saying he was brilliant and talking about multi million pound deals he’s been linked with. From the same people that had been slagging him rotten 

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

How did he react when Jack was on his way here?

He didn’t want Jack to come to us because he wanted him to stay at Aberdeen.

Just now, Siwel said:

I seen a good few Fans on twitter saying he was brilliant and talking about multi million pound deals he’s been linked with. From the same people that had been slagging him rotten 

I don't think for one minute Napoli and Roma were interested in Ryan Jack. I seen that screenshot the other day. Calling bullshit.

Mcinnes is shite cause he pumped Ash Taylor’s wife.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I don't think for one minute Napoli and Roma were interested in Ryan Jack. I seen that screenshot the other day. Calling bullshit.

He was really really highly rated when he was young, wouldn’t be surprised if he was  being looked at by them.

FFS the board weren't wrong when they said it will be next week before we move on anything not a peep 

We want McInnes however we'll wait as long as we can incase an exceptional CV comes up that we didn't think of. 

If not we'll go for McInnes. 

That will be the boards logic IMO. 

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

FFS the board weren't wrong when they said it will be next week before we move on anything not a peep 

Exactly mate! Put tits on a cat this pish!

24 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

We want McInnes however we'll wait as long as we can incase an exceptional CV comes up that we didn't think of. 

Or the board have simply decided that what they regard as 'best pactice', is to allow a sufficient time window (taking into consideration WC qualifying) to gather applications. From which they will compile a short-list, including input from the football operation (DoF) and then most probably move on to the interviews. 

1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Inviting Applications is for diddy clubs

Exactly.

We should have a prime candidate in mind and we make the move for him and persuade him.

Inviting applications get's you cunts like Pedro who can talk pish and hypnotise a panel.

29 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

When the board went public with a timetable of sorts, they were always going to stick to it.

Recent history and recent words from AJ dictate they must.

The statement gave some 'journalists' a metaphorical bloody nose and they seem more reluctant to peddle pish and wind. 

Who knows !......Perhaps the board let go some false titbits to catch a mole.

38 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Thats an insult to McInnes, and I don't even really want him.

Wouldn't blame him for telling us to bolt if we done that.

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Inviting Applications is for diddy clubs

For those managers doing their due diligence,  we are currently at the level of a diddy club....but with 'sleeping giant' status.

1 minute ago, PRW. said:

Thats an insult to McInnes, and I don't even really want him.

Wouldn't blame him for telling us to bolt if we done that.

I agree about the insult part, however, if it was up to me I would have made an approach for McInnes straight after the Hamilton game.

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Exactly.

We should have a prime candidate in mind and we make the move for him and persuade him.

Inviting applications get's you cunts like Pedro who can talk pish and hypnotise a panel.

It’s really worrying that our DoF hasn’t got an already prepared shortlist for the Board after the shambles in Luxembourg.

or if he has that the board aren’t trusting him and moving for any of his preferred candidates.

3 minutes ago, buster. said:

For those managers doing their due diligence,  we are currently at the level of a diddy club....but with 'sleeping giant' status.

Fuck due diligence, we should be head hunting our managers not sitting around hoping someone decent applies for the job and if no one does give it to a diddy similar to Pedro and blame it on one person.

15 minutes ago, buster. said:

Or the board have simply decided that what they regard as 'best pactice', is to allow a sufficient time window (taking into consideration WC qualifying) to gather applications. From which they will compile a short-list, including input from the football operation (DoF) and then most probably move on to the interviews. 

This is only true if it's not McInnes we get.

If the board want McInnes then go and get him as he won't be applying and I doubt he'll have a formal interview to try and impress  the board. 

It’s really worrying that our DoF hasn’t got an already prepared shortlist for the Board after the shambles in Luxembourg.

or if he has that the board aren’t trusting him and moving for any of his preferred candidates.

That's a valid criticism that I agree with. 

After Luxembourg and the results that followed (since the board were happy to somehow discount last seasons disasters under him) they should have seen this scenario coming and have done their homework behind the scenes and at least had a short-list in mind instead of starting from scratch this week or last.

1 minute ago, jackrfc95 said:

This is only true if it's not McInnes we get.

If the board want McInnes then go and get him as he won't be applying and I doubt he'll have a formal interview to try and impress  the board. 

Not at all.

My impression is that this was the process that was always likely to be used. If there are those who are keen on McInnes I'm sure his agent might have been 'advised' to apply.

The DoF was always likely to get a substantial input to this process and thus almost inevitable that it would go down this route.

6 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Fuck due diligence, we should be head hunting our managers not sitting around hoping someone decent applies for the job and if no one does give it to a diddy similar to Pedro and blame it on one person.

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

That's a valid criticism that I agree with. 

After Luxembourg and the results that followed (since the board were happy to somehow discount last seasons disasters under him) they should have seen this scenario coming and have done their homework behind the scenes and at least had a short-list in mind instead of starting from scratch this week or last.

Very unprofessional IMO but not really surprising unfortunately. How the board could be watching the same games as we were and not get prepared for what was likely to happen with Pedro just shows how poor they are.

It's questionable of McInnes would be considered good enough had he not formerly played for us. His record is fairly standard with nothing remarkable having been achieved during his time at his present club.

10 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Very unprofessional IMO but not really surprising unfortunately. How the board could be watching the same games as we were and not get prepared for what was likely to happen with Pedro just shows how poor they are.

King watched the Motherwell semi final game from the directors box at Hampden and came away from it still thinking Pedro was the right man to take the team forward. Even Candeias came out and said after that game he thought Pedro had to go ffs.

16 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's questionable of McInnes would be considered good enough had he not formerly played for us. His record is fairly standard with nothing remarkable having been achieved during his time at his present club.

You don’t think taking Aberdeen from consistent 9th place finishes to consistently being the best team in the league outwith the Scum is remarkable?

You don’t think taking Aberdeen from consistent 9th place finishes to consistently being the best team in the league outwith the Old Firm is remarkable?

No.