MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

To do what though, to win it?

We need to walk before we can run, appoint a manager who can beat the shitey wee teams then go for the taigs

28 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

No.

Your angry that DM didn't stop 10IAR for the scum aren't you thats your biggest gripe 

1 minute ago, Smile said:

No to keep up with them this board does not have the desire or the money to compete with the Scum.

This appointment will tell us quite a bit about this club's ambitions, in terms of being the best. 

3 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

I think he's better to our needs and the SPFL yes. 

Well worded and probably very true, but he would not be an appointment that would inspire confidence in the majority of the support.  I appreciate that valid arguments have been put forward giving good reasons why Van Bronkhurst wouldn't contemplate taking the job but can you imagine the reaction from the support if he did ? It would be a huge lift for the whole club, although that doesn't make it any more likely to happen. Just comparing one to another.

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Is McInnes a better manager than Caixinha and Warburton; and could you say that without a doubt?

Yes. There's not even a debate to be had IMO.

I like you and I think your a sensible poster mate but you also said at the start of the season that Jack and Rossiter would be the best midfield in Scotland and better than Brown and Armstrong and anything celtic's got - the reason I mention it is because for someone so sensible you can be really wrong. I don't mean that as bad as it sounds as we all get predictions and opinions wrong, myself included. 

Just now, Siwel said:

We need to walk before we can run, appoint a manager who can beat the shitey wee teams then go for the taigs

100% we aint winning this league because we can't beat the pish in this league. Not because we can't beat scum fc. I'd happily take a 4 game shootout v them for the title and thats what we need to make it ASAP

2 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

This appointment will tell us quite a bit about this club's ambitions, in terms of being the best. 

Scum fc are 12 points mate unlikely but we can loose all 4 games and win the league. Being the best is about trophies DM can get us back there 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Your angry that DM didn't stop 10IAR for the scum aren't you thats your biggest gripe 

Angry? I 'wouldn't say I was angry at all, and if McInnes got the job, and I was a fan of his when he was a player here, then I would support him 100 per cent.

3 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

I think we will only move on if a Board comes in with a clue on how to run a football club, but I guess that's for another section on here.

Just now, Smile said:

I think we will only move on if a Board comes in with a clue on how to run a football club, but I guess that's for another section on here.

It's obvious now that we lack a leader, or a figurehead even, at boardroom level; something this club has been famous for throughout its history. As you say, it is a post in itself.

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

100% we aint winning this league because we can't beat the pish in this league. Not because we can't beat scum fc. I'd happily take a 4 game shootout v them for the title and thats what we need to make it ASAP

If we had won every game in the league so far apart from ones vs the scum we’d be top of the league, even adding in a draw vs the likes of hibs we’d still be top.

22 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

The club's ambitions are obvious, it's the timescales that won't be appetising for many.

However, realism is what you have to take into account rather than some currently out of date feeling of entitlement from which demands of instant success are made.

Wrt the selection process, note the recent statement.....

" ....The Club will then consider all viable options available to it.........."

What I've seen from the sheep this season hasn't been dazzling but DM has definitely made a team that's hard to beat and fundamentally that is what we need right now IMO.

20 minutes ago, Siwel said:

If we had won every game in the league so far apart from ones vs the scum we’d be top of the league, even adding in a draw vs the likes of hibs we’d still be top.

Facts fuck off you DM is a dud a losser and 2nd rate get with the times :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

For me that's all that matters. Fuck the Barca style. We just need to win 

You're right, we need to win, and whoever gets the job will hopefully bring back a winning mentality to the club. 

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Facts fuck off you DM is a dud a losser and 2nd rate get with the times :lol:

Failed at Bristol mate, he’s pish

36 minutes ago, Siwel said:

But we haven't.:duh:

Just now, Smile said:

But we haven't.:duh:

Aye that's his point

2 minutes ago, Gustav said:

Aye that's his point

It's not a good one the pressure at Aberdeen is nothing compared to what McInness will face here.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

It's not a good one the pressure at Aberdeen is nothing compared to what McInness will face here.

We're not going to get a manager who has worked with the pressure of being a club like this unless we bring McLeish, Smith or Advocaat back

Just now, Gustav said:

We're not going to get a manager who has worked with the pressure of being a club like this unless we bring McLeish, Smith or Advocaat back

You forgot Ally.:angrywillie:

1 hour ago, jintybear said:

Oh I don’t know. After the cup final the board issued a statement plauding our fans for sticking up for the players then a week later started banning them. They always come out with cracking statements then almost never back them up so forgive me if I take whatever they say with a massive pinch of salt.

Abso-fucking-lutely.

"Fans of any club would have done the same"

After saying that the fans only did so after failed safety measures resulted in our players and staff coming under attack.

Then starting banning fans before court cases had been heard, fucking arseholes for that.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

You forgot Ally.:angrywillie:

He said manager not gardener 

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

Why take the risk of one not applying? Why wouldn’t we just go out and approach managers that we knew were of a good enough level for us.

Who are these managers we know are at a good enough level for us ?