MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Abso-fucking-lutely.

"Fans of any club would have done the same"

After saying that the fans only did so after failed safety measures resulted in our players and staff coming under attack.

Then starting banning fans before court cases had been heard, fucking arseholes for that.

Unforgivable it was. I'll never buy another season ticket off them again if they lifted the ban tomorrow, the rotten bastards won't get a penny in season book money off me.

I'm lucky I've a good mate who let's me use his spare free of charge for any game I want at Ibrox - the ticket get's paid for every season regardless if I was using it, if he stopped renewing it I'd stop going to Ibrox. That probably makes me sound like an awful supporter but what's the point in buying a season ticket if they can whip it off you whenever they feel like it, before a verdict is delivered and with no refund or even an apology or sincere explanation.

I'm glad more fans haven't been through this as we need to keep season book sales at high levels to compete but the club treats the fans like utter shite.

9 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Abso-fucking-lutely.

"Fans of any club would have done the same"

After saying that the fans only did so after failed safety measures resulted in our players and staff coming under attack.

Then starting banning fans before court cases had been heard, fucking arseholes for that.

I remember at the time talking about it on here most never realized how bad it was at the TV cameras were fly cunts and only showed so much. 

3 hours ago, Smile said:

Walter Smith Spoke up for McCoist. A manager should get the job on Merit at Rangers for what he has achieved in the game we now just give it to anyone.

Not saying that McInnes should not get it as he's a safer option than some of the Managers mentioned.

Don’t agree/disagree with what you’re saying, just throwing his opinion into the thread.

3 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Who are these managers we know are at a good enough level for us ?

Big Sam, Preud’homme, Koeman, DeBoer(maybe)

3 minutes ago, Siwel said:

Big Sam, Preud’homme, Koeman, DeBoer(maybe)

Big Sam got caught wi his knickers round his ankles, much akin to our chairman who gets slaughtered for being a glip / liar, do we need another one.

Preud' homme , good CV ( in Belguim etc)  still a risk imo

Koeman - not a chance he will come to us, couldn't afford him,

DeBoer - failed at every management post, why is he good enough for us ? 

I guess the point I'm making is that no matter who the board choose its a massive risk, if we don't challenge the scum soon they will be deemed as failure , this forum is so split on who they think is right for the job yet they want somebody named tomorrow , I actually don't envy the board on making this decision.

15 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Unforgivable it was. I'll never buy another season ticket off them again if they lifted the ban tomorrow, the rotten bastards won't get a penny in season book money off me.

I'm lucky I've a good mate who let's me use his spare free of charge for any game I want at Ibrox - the ticket get's paid for every season regardless if I was using it, if he stopped renewing it I'd stop going to Ibrox. That probably makes me sound like an awful supporter but what's the point in buying a season ticket if they can whip it off you whenever they feel like it, before a verdict is delivered and with no refund or even an apology or sincere explanation.

I'm glad more fans haven't been through this as we need to keep season book sales at high levels to compete but the club treats the fans like utter shite.

Doesn't make you sound like a awful supporter, the way banned folk get treated before they have been at court is disgusting. I would pack it in as well if I got treated the same way. 

3 minutes ago, BlueboyG said:

Big Sam got caught wi his knickers round his ankles, much akin to our chairman who gets slaughtered for being a glip / liar, do we need another one.

I guess the point I'm making is that no matter who the board choose its a massive risk, if we don't challenge the scum soon they will be deemed as failure , this forum is so split on who they think is right for the job yet they want somebody named tomorrow , I actually don't envy the board on making this decision.

Big Sam- Don’t give a fuck tbh he gets results 

Preud’homme- a success everywhere he’s been even in leagues relatively unknown to him.

Koeman- how do we know that, we haven’t asked him.

De Boer- not really keen on him myself tbf but he’s won title before at a big club.

1 hour ago, Turnberry18 said:

This appointment will tell us quite a bit about this club's ambitions, in terms of being the best. 

I honestly don't think it will - as strange as that sounds. 

Even if the board pushed the boat out and were as ambitious as they could possibly be who could they realistically get? The options aren't great IMO.  

28 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Not an awful supporter at all mate, what you say is spot on, it was unforgivable from the club to do what they did after initially defending fans in the statement.

The club always treats fans like shite, have done for long enough, they take our support for granted.

Don't want to derail the thread but if buster wants to sit and believe everything that comes out from the board i would like to remind him of some of the shite we have had from them.

Just seen Gods interview on Sky Sports and if McInnes is good enough for him then he's good enough for me. 👍🏻

3 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

It's questionable of McInnes would be considered good enough had he not formerly played for us. His record is fairly standard with nothing remarkable having been achieved during his time at his present club.

The things I like about McInnes , and is a great advantage , is that he's current and knows the Scottish game . Some of the names mentioned seemed to have had their best years , years ago . Others are maybe too much of a risk . 

3 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

Not every management post. At Ajax where he won four titles in a row, becoming the first manager to do so.

Certainly more than McCinnes has ever done in Management. 

These idiotic ex players who don't know anything about Scottish football now championing McInnes are embarrassing. It's very similar to looking at Brenda Rodgers record at celtic and saying he's their greatest ever manager. Fucking clueless. Laudrup especially knows nothing about the current state of play in Scotland. That much is clear by him backing Derek McInnes. He's not doing our club any favours. No one backing McInnes is doing what is best for Rangers. A guaranteed back to square one in 6 months. I truly despair. 

8 hours ago, gmcf said:

The things I like about McInnes , and is a great advantage , is that he's current and knows the Scottish game . Some of the names mentioned seemed to have had their best years , years ago . Others are maybe too much of a risk . 

Jesus wept. Yeah, that has to be enough. Give him the job........:britney:

5 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

These idiotic ex players who don't know anything about Scottish football now championing McInnes are embarrassing. It's very similar to looking at Brenda Rodgers record at celtic and saying he's their greatest ever manager. Fucking clueless. Laudrup especially knows nothing about the current state of play in Scotland. That much is clear by him backing Derek McInnes. He's not doing our club any favours. No one backing McInnes is doing what is best for Rangers. A guaranteed back to square one in 6 months. I truly despair. 

Given our circumstances at the present moment with 3 in a row fuck ups of managers, I see Derek McInnes as the safe pair of hands required, bollox to "experiments" they have just been tried and blew up in our face, anyway it is all about opinions and ours differ and unless a tried and tested Warnock type comes from left field out the blue I would take McInnes over any of the names touted recently.

Its the easiest thing in the world to hand out stick and state who we don't want but it has to be backed up with reasoning and I hope the board are not hypnotised by the snake oil salesmen like Warburton and Pedro, they could certainly talk well but had no moral fibre when things went askew.

Who would you like to see in the big chair and why?

45 minutes ago, Tenerife Bear said:

You talk about others not knowing anything about the current state of play in Scotland...........but have you considered for a moment that your apparent expectations seem to show you know little about the current state of Rangers (or more likely prefer to ignore that side of things). 

10 hours ago, BlueboyG said:

De Boer won 3 or 4 titles in a row with Ajax I would hardly say that comes under failure 

41 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

De Boer won 3 or 4 titles in a row with Ajax I would hardly say that comes under failure 

1. Think about our current situation and the importance of reducing risk

2. Look at what DeBoer has done when he left his native country in his two jobs to date.

It's not even worth thinking about.

2 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Referring to God as idiotic in any context deserves a ban. 

1 hour ago, buster. said:

1. Think about our current situation and the importance of reducing risk

2. Look at what DeBoer has done when he left his native country in his two jobs to date.

It's not even worth thinking about.

1. Think about our current situation and the need to improve and challenge, a high calibre appointment matched with substantial investment is required to do so, unfortunately your beloved board don't seem to have it in them to provide this (Appointing Pedro being a prime example)

2. Look at the basket case club De Boer went to first and secondly a club that is punching well above it's weight in English football.

Not saying we should go for De Boer, and i would have took him over Pedro at the time, but to write him off is silly.

Just now, plumbGER said:

1. Think about our current situation and the need to improve and challenge, a high calibre appointment matched with substantial investment is required to do so, unfortunately your beloved board don't seem to have it in them to provide this (Appointing Pedro being a prime example)

2. Look at the basket case club De Boer went to first and secondly a club that is punching well above it's weight in English football.

Not saying we should go for De Boer, and i would have took him over Pedro at the time, but to write him off is silly.

That basket case club is challenging for the title in Italy now and Crystal Palace are a decent mid table side in the English league just never had the right players for De boers style. I don’t think he’ll be a success here or anywhere outside of Ajax tbh.

4 minutes ago, Siwel said:

That basket case club is challenging for the title in Italy now and Crystal Palace are a decent mid table side in the English league just never had the right players for De boers style. I don’t think he’ll be a success here or anywhere outside of Ajax tbh.

They were a basket case club when De Boer went there, not fully up on Italian football so maybe things have changed at their club, look at the changes we have seen with Rangers.

So then why did Palace go for him? they had delusions of changing the whole style of play at their club then shat a brick when things weren't as easy to change as they would have liked, idiotic move from them and a bit of naivety on De Boers part in thinking he could change a group of players so quickly.

4 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

They were a basket case club when De Boer went there, not fully up on Italian football so maybe things have changed at their club, look at the changes we have seen with Rangers.

So then why did Palace go for him? they had delusions of changing the whole style of play at their club then shat a brick when things weren't as easy to change as they would have liked, idiotic move from them and a bit of naivety on De Boers part in thinking he could change a group of players so quickly.

I think De Boer expected a lot more money than he got at Palace, but the little amount of time he got given was ridiculous imo. He was gave 2 months to turn a dam Allardyce team into one that plays beautiful football. Was never gonna happen.