MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

I have my doubts he has a release clause which states x amount gains permission to discuss terms. I’d say it’s the figure required to release him from his contract IF permission is granted and terms agreed and he leaves.

theres no way Milne would make himself look a fool at a tribunal be making an illegal block.  It’s obviously have to resign and Rangers pick up the tab

45 minutes ago, OhW said:

What a stupid thing to say.

Explain? Did offering under the odds get us anywhere? Let’s remember who we’re dealing with. They will make this as hard as humanly possible for us. 

33 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Just read Keith Jackson’s article on FF. Apparently we HAVE met the compensation amount, however the sheep are saying he must resign as they’ll not let him talk to us. Not entirely sure how the fuck that works right enough as they’ll be in breach of contract!

Jackson in talking pish shocker, they can’t stop him if the release clause has been triggered. 

I’m not even convinced there is a release clause. I genuinely think it’s one of those made up posts on a forum that’s grown arms and legs and is widely accepted as truth now.

Some amount of experts in here on employment contracts all of a sudden :lol: 

There could be a thousand reasons why our offering the amount doesn’t trigger release. Maybe McInnes has to pay it, maybe McInnes has to resign, maybe McInnes has to enforce the clause...

We will know one way or another today wether he's coming or not

Just now, DBBTB said:

I’m not even convinced there is a release clause. I genuinely think it’s one of those made up posts on a forum that’s grown arms and legs and is widely accepted as truth now.

Would agree, but Sunderland triggered one before. 

DM probably aint coming to our club; we aren't desperate to get him, lets get someone better

"It's possibly the right time for Derek and certainly the right time for Rangers to appoint Derek," McCoist told BBC Radio Five Live. "He's the majority of fans' choice."

Worthy of a thread of its own for those comments alone. Its the reverse of everything McCoist has said but at least he is consistent when it comes to football management.

3 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Some amount of experts in here on employment contracts all of a sudden :lol: 

There could be a thousand reasons why our offering the amount doesn’t trigger release. Maybe McInnes has to pay it, maybe McInnes has to resign, maybe McInnes has to enforce the clause...

May be as simple as we’re offering to pay over a period & they’re digging their heels in, wanting it all up front.

One thing that’s pissed me off is with us and this fucking about I see the tarriers had Lewis Morgan and the boy Hendry from Dundee at the San Ghiro last night. Two young Rangers supporters we should be fucking signing!!!!

7 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Would agree, but Sunderland triggered one before. 

He’s signed a new contract since then though.

11 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Second request but no compensation being discussed?

Are we trying the "are we nearly there yet?" tactic of just repeatedly asking if we can talk to him?

Clubs often allow permission before compensation is agreed as they are generally resigned to the fact that the manager is going one way or another. Aberdeen want all the i's dotted ad t's crossed before they allow McInnes to pick up a phone

8 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Pretty much every journalist across various media outlets who has commented on this has categorically stated there is a release clause mate. There must be a solid source for them all to say it so confidently. 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Thoughts? My first thoughts are there’s a big McInnes thread above this with a lot of that, if not all, already covered 

my second thought is your gay 

I’ve also heard this.

Just now, DBBTB said:

I've just made this same point to whoever runs the RM Twitter. There seemed to be an assumption there was a release clause in his new deal before it was quietly never mentioned again.  Now it's folk taking a guess/inside info as to how much Milne will settle for.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

I doubt they would’ve left it off the next one. 

Just now, psb07158 said:

Pretty much every journalist across various media outlets who has commented on this has categorically stated there is a release clause mate. There must be a solid source for them all to say it so confidently. 

Tbh though we’ve going into administration for 2-3 years now if we want to listen to that lot

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

They all did early on before rowing back a bit on it. THere was in his old deal and an assumption was made that it existed in his new deal.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They all did early on before rowing back a bit on it. THere was in his old deal and an assumption was made that it existed in his new deal.

Fair enough mate.

Maybe we will wait another 6 weeks to make a second approach

If Rangers have asked for permission to speak to him then you can be assured representatives of Rangers and McInnes have already spoke and agreed terms. Just need to agree with Aberdeen now.

12 minutes ago, B1872 said:

One thing that’s pissed me off is with us and this fucking about I see the tarriers had Lewis Morgan and the boy Hendry from Dundee at the San Ghiro last night. Two young Rangers supporters we should be fucking signing!!!!

Morgan came through my mates dad's academy. He is a teddybear but we let him go at a young age. 

Good player apparently, can't say I've seen any of him. Think it's clear we'd be asking him to hold out until end of his contract rather than King pay a fee.

12 minutes ago, HG5 said:

May be as simple as we’re offering to pay over a period & they’re digging their heels in, wanting it all up front.

Sorry, but if I was dealing with King, I'd be wanting it all up front. TBH, the only reason we do tick anyway, is that we have cash flow problems and that aint the sheep's or anyone elses problem. That lies with the board.