MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

2 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Personally I don't think we've learned anything new about the board through this new manager search and weren't going to anyway - it comes as no surprise.

They were incompetent before the process, during the process and will continue to fuck things up after the candidate is selected. 

I don't think anyone truly believed they'd have things sorted professionally and efficiently and if they did think so they're deluded.

I'm just glad McInnes isn't the man but it's worrying who King and co will move for now.

It's shown the board are even worse than even a lot of their detractors thought

When it comes to it mate I think you'll believe McInnes would have been a lesser evil than whatever we're going to end up with

30 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Are you reading the same statement? It says after a couple of days consideration he’s decided to stay 

Aye time spent speaking with his family. The statement stated that Rangers were not given permission to speak to Mcinnes

Can't think of a realistic alternative other than Murty, McLaren or McLeish

Grim

So all the itk who said it was done are now saying DM didn't want to speak to us after swerving training, pre match conferences.....aye fucking right

The only fact here is our board are incompetent and that's why he's not announced! Make up whatever pish you wish to save face and make you feel better about this.

fuck being deluded  

16 minutes ago, JukeBoxJohn said:

Personally I think a lot of this comes down to the fact McInnes is not only a bottle merchant in big games and cup finals but also when it comes to taking a bigger job with more pressure attached (Sunderland and now us).

Enjoy the diddy club comfort zone.

Nail meet hammer. 

2 minutes ago, minstral said:

He said after speaking to his family he made up his mind.

Thats bollocks - if it was a question of uprooting the family etc etc he couldve said weeks ago and distanced himself. He obviously didnt like the package and/or tools to do the job, This falls on the board 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

really?

According to his statement. 

Of course according to ITK's who had it as a done deal he's been in talks for weeks! I know who i'm believing right now.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’m here and stand by what I was told - something has happened past few hours - a right curve ball 

Lesson right there mate, believe no cunt until it's a done deal, just when you think this board have reached rock bottom they fuck up beyond belief.

6 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

yup, Aberdeen were one of the best teams in Britain and a big threat in Europe as well at that time, from a football prespective I think we're pretty even, head to heads we're better than them but their consistency against non OF clubs is better than ours yet he sees Aberdeen as a preferable option.

Pretty bemused at this

He's comfortable up there, doesn't have the same demands and his job appears to be as secure as any manager could hope for.

There would be no hiding place at Ibrox if he fails deliver, the previous two found that out pretty quickly.

32 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Right are we going for our real first choice 

John Jack Ross.

Young manager, Tactically aware, good background and knows Scottish football 

My choice as well

Just now, The Godfather said:

We will be wishing it was when these clowns hire someone. 

Whos going to accept it when we can't attract a Rangers fan managing the sheep?

we are fucked and will be for the foreseeable unless we as fans chase these cunts out the door.

Totally agree mate, until they're gone we remain a shambles. But away from the way this situation been handled by the boardroom clowns I'm personally glad its not McInnes. As you say those there's every chance they appoint some complete dud as a knee jerk reaction now. I won't be surprised.

Even if McInnes did take the job the tits in the boardroom wouldn't back him enough financially anyway. We stumble from one disaster to the next. 

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Milne has said he told DM to go away and think about it? what point between yesterday and now can we have a face 2 face with him? BBC sportsound just said he was frustrated  at how long its took thats played a major part in his decision 

I'm talking about the 6 weeks since we sacked our manager

1 minute ago, james_85 said:

Aye time spent speaking with his family. The statement stated that Rangers were not given permission to speak to Mcinnes

Are you naive enough to think there's been no contact at all? That's not how football works

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Thats bollocks - if it was a question of uprooting the family etc etc he couldve said weeks ago and distanced himself. He obviously didnt like the package and/or tools to do the job, This falls on the board 

His family home is Bridge of Weir I think

Just now, Gustav said:

Can't think of a realistic alternative other than Murty, McLaren or McLeish

Grim

For me it has to be someone until the end of the season, Murty or McLeish preferably. Murty knows the players, McLeish is experienced. Then begin again in the summer when there are different/better options available.

This whole thing has been uninspiring from the get go and to be honest, it felt much the same before the Caixinha appointment which probably suggests it'll feel the same in the summer. 

1 minute ago, JM1872 said:

Aye some statement. Really insightful, all three lines of it :aberdeen:

Lmfao true m8

Just now, Sparkle said:

His family home is Bridge of Weir I think

Houston 

I dunno where we go from here tbh

1 minute ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Agreed - there’s no way it’s down to his family his boy is Rangers daft and his family including in laws are all from Paisley 

Wow, didn’t expect this when I got home! 😐

Had actually come round to the idea of McInnes. 

Dave king's Rangers. The joke that keeps on giving. 

6 weeks without a manager. Nobody breaking sweat to get the job. May as well just give it to Miller as he's calling the shots anyway.