MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Maybe so but to get the job he'd need to resign mate going by the press yesterday Something he didn't want to do 

It is just another embarrassment by our board mate and I do not know where we go from here. 

6 minutes ago, soulboy said:

DM has totally fucked his managerial career now as which chairman of any club will come in for him now. He's turned Sunderland and now us down nobody will risk him turning them down as well. 

When his shite team finishes 4th this season knives will be out for him and he'll have nowhere to go.

thank you just said the same in another post the guy has shown no ambition

Does anyone think that it’s not over with McInnes yet and could still become the new manager? 

We obviously didn’t match the release clause as we were denied official talks with him by Aberdeen. Match the release clause and It’s all down to McInnes, or is it totally dead in the water.

13 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

All at the airport waiting on Weiss arriving ya tit.

A bit early ffs you do know the window only opens in January? Parking is expensive

Just now, rangersross said:

This is really disappointing. He wasn’t my first choice but, over the last few weeks, I’ve completely come round to the idea. I don’t know who the people saying “good” or “relieved” think we’ll get now. I’ll tell you this: it won’t be some ‘best kept secret in management’ manager from the continent - it’ll be someone totally mediocre or under-experienced from Scotland who makes McInnes look like Guardiola. Also, you can just fucking bet that the boss had no contingency in place, so brace yourselves for another fortnight of waiting.

A fucking joke.

Well known I was against it from the start but bit like you I’d warmed to the idea. The fact it took us 6 weeks to decide alluded that we had actually done our home work.

It took us 6 weeks to come up with Caixinha and another 6 to decide on DM.

Anycunt thinking this board are pulling a rabbit out the hat want sectioned. We will end up with McLeish or some shite.

5 minutes ago, Bluenose88 said:

True, but 28% of shareholders never even bothered voting. 

I voted, but as an individual shareholder it makes little difference against the block votes (including the tame fans group ...)

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Stand by what I've said. I believe he'd have broufht a level of consistency that wouldve had us challenging. He knows how to beat the shite. We don't. 

However as I said yesterday 1 million quid started to make him look unattractive. A big outlay for what is always a huge gamble.

I'd imagine he will regret this more in the long run than Rangers will.

Hope so but it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel atm 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Stand by what I've said. I believe he'd have broufht a level of consistency that wouldve had us challenging. He knows how to beat the shite. We don't. 

However as I said yesterday 1 million quid started to make him look unattractive. A big outlay for what is always a huge gamble.

The state we're in right now I'm honestly not even sure of that which says it all

Clarity and transparency they promised . 

A load of fucking shite 

Just now, DBBTB said:

Billy Davies beckons :anguish:

Please don't even joke about that.

3 minutes ago, Daz-96 said:

Be careful mate, might be 10 games after you've placed your bet! so would still need him to be in charge till after the new year if thats the case, id double check

Nah it’s 10 competitive matches all in, hence why the odds have come right down on him! And will continue to do so as the weeks go on regardless of wether he is announced as the being interim for the season or not! 

If we didn't even get the chance to formally offer him terms I'm guessing that Milne told him he'd have to resign or quoted us a ridiculous fee, i.e. no clause in his contract.

If this was the case it's a really dangerous game to play. Stuck with a disillusioned manager.

I don't think it's a question of us being able to afford him, surely the board aren't that incompetent 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I’ve read and re-red all the statements again (flipped flopped a little) but keep coming back to the point of view that you don’t miss taking training, miss your match presser, sit in talks for 2 days with Milne just to suddenly decide you like it at Aberdeen or it’s down to family - no way, I’m simply not having it 

Until someone provides me with something better I feel the board hasn’t handled this well and failed to attract him 

Yes it would take some amount of evidence for me to change my mind about this fuck up.

It may be the case that Derek did not speak to someone from Rangers directly, but I have no doubt his agent did and when he passed on what was said it was not enough to convince him to come to us. 

2 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

He said HE never spoke to the club, his agent has for weeks 

Do you think his problem was leaving the sheep or joining Rangers.

Just now, simplythebest said:

The state we're in right now I'm honestly not even sure of that which says it all

I can guarantee you he will. We are in a state but minus a 10 men last half hour have absolute bossed his side twice in 4 days. We were at a low ebb and blew them away.

Might not be under this board. Might no even be in 5 year. But we will kick on. He may never 

5 minutes ago, rangersross said:

This is really disappointing. He wasn’t my first choice but, over the last few weeks, I’ve completely come round to the idea. I don’t know who the people saying “good” or “relieved” think we’ll get now. I’ll tell you this: it won’t be some ‘best kept secret in management’ guy from the continent - it’ll be someone totally mediocre or under-experienced from Scotland who makes McInnes look like Guardiola. Also, you can just fucking bet that the boss had no contingency in place, so brace yourselves for another fortnight of waiting.

A fucking joke.

A fortnight? King was telling the AGM that he takes 3 months to appoint CEOs to his company, so what's the hurry? 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Of course he will. He'll never get an opportunity like this again. He's turned down two big jobs in 6 months, albeit with some extenuating circumstances but big jobs none the less. Those gigs don't come around too often when your managing Aberdeen ffs. 

Just now, simplythebest said:

Me either. 

We are a rid neck, who comes in now? Who would even want it if we can't attract a sheep manager? 

Who will regret it more? Under this board it could easily be us. We are in danger of becoming another Leeds. Make no mistake about it

If the board know what’s good for them they’ll come out and release a statement giving their version of events 

they can’t afford not to - if McInnes wanted a million quid or too much money then tell us otherwise people will assume the worst in the secretive non-transparent bastards 

4 minutes ago, saltire266 said:

A bit early ffs you do know the window only opens in January? Parking is expensive

Cracking patter mate:tu: