MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

Definitely more to all this than meets the eye but bottom line is mediocre manager of mediocre club declines top management position at top club run by at best mediocre board !

image.jpeg.eb2b4a693c669920e1dbbb3fcefb25d7.jpeg

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I think he's flapped. If he has though it will/maybe due to budget.

No offence to anyone who may have genuine itk stuff but when Edgar and esky and co are saying it's done but it falls through something somewhere has gone wrong 

How far did he get with the Sunderland job before he u-turned on that one? Was it similar, maybe his arse caved again

20 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

My point is he didn't want to resign so decided he will stay at the sheep. That was his one and only chance to get the job and he cared more about his friendships than the prospect of bigger and better things. Thats cool our club will get back were we should be without him regardless.

I like your positivity. But i think there must be something seriously wrong at ibrox in the upper echelons of the management structure for the manager of Aberdeen to rebuff us. There is a reason that we dont have a manager after 7 weeks. That reason is a dysfunctional decision making set up.

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Aye gies yer money and heres fuckall in return.

Again ffs 

:tu: 

1 minute ago, scottyc06 said:

😂😂😂😂 You didn’t actually think the club emailed you an update on what was going??

Oh aye , Dave King " Will someone please get an email out right away ,telling Britney is not feeling it from RM ,what the script is "  

1 minute ago, The Gas Man said:

How far did he get with the Sunderland job before he u-turned on that one? Was it similar, maybe his arse caved again

They travelled for talks with them mate. Then rejected 

4 minutes ago, AlCapone said:

It’s not Aberdeen nor DMs responsibility to  justify why we couldn’t entice him, that’s our boards responsibility 

I'm not standing up for the board here BUT If we've not even been given the chance to formally offer him something it's a different situation. An informal conversation via an agent is not a concrete contract offer. Milne could have told DM that he needs to resign to progress to formal discussion stage.

Same situation if they quoted us a stupid amount to buy him out the contract.

If it's either of these scenarios are true the board should spill the beans. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

I don't believe he shat out of coming. He already had the vast majority of the Aberdeen fans believing he was coming and spitting abuse at him. Why go through that if he wasn't interested?

All evidence suggests the board didn't make the job appealing enough for him (whether it be transfer funds, contract length or timescale to turn things around) and given he grew up a bear, that is seriously worrying. 

So not only will we have to no doubt wait another age to find a new manager, we'll also have someone below the level of McInnes. Frightening. 

It could easily be that but I actually think the board know they have to spend a modest amount, and I actually think once that happens we will be in good shape, if he doesn’t think he can turn it around as fast as we want then that’s why he failed at Bristol and has turned down any big job since, would be a rare good move by the board.

Aberdeen aren’t rich kids either mind, regardless we will always have far better finances, they’re a diddy team finishing second in the worst Scottish league ever, that’s why I can’t see it being anything bar him being too feart to come or genuinely not realising that even a risk like Preud'homme blows him out the water in regards to titles won, champions league experience, tactical knowledge etc.

fat cunt should practically be begging us to come in for him, I know I would be, think he’s got a severe case of sheep syndrome as he comes across like a bitter bastard.

It’s common knowledge we contacted him, any downfall is down to him and Aberdeen alone.

Just now, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Again ffs 

:tu: 

Oh aye , Dave King " Will someone please get an email out right away ,telling Britney is not feeling it from RM ,what the script is "  

So why were you excited about an email from the club????

I reckon Murty will now stay in charge for the rest of the season 

And the frauds running our club will announce, with plenty of hype from their mouthpieces within the fanbase, some other unknown diddy as our new manager.

And of course, this will all happen just before season ticket renewal time in the close season.

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

We haven't been given permission to speak to him mate. 

I’ll take that back about being bollocks. SSN reporting that he didn’t even talk to us. Strange. It makes me understand it even less. 

41 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Whereas your default position is never criticise the board ever 

Hard to criticise them tonight while I'm celebrating a mear miss due to their incompetence but just to appease you I'll admit they've fuc*ed up royally if they didn't have the wee shitebag sorted before the approach to the sheep.

Concerns me that we haven't released a statement to at least clarify what' happened.  Get the feeling the cunts in charge were all off home at 5 o'clock.  

Fans left in the dark as usual.  Transparency my arse! 

17 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Here’s the thing.

From what i heard the board couldn’t agree on who the manager should be when Pedro got sacked. Eventually they agreed (not unanimously) that Mcinnes was the man for job, with King pulling rank. 

So now that he’s knocked us back is it another 3 to 4 weeks before any kind of decision is made.

I've believed from near the beginning that the board were not unanimous behind appointing McInnes. I'm not sure how this has played out in the past few days though.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

I’ll take that back about being bollocks. SSN reporting that he didn’t even talk to us. Strange. It makes me understand it even less. 

The thing is, surely we have spoken to him! Unofficially! 

He’s an ex player, it can’t be hard to have a mutual contact talk to him & confirm he is interested before we spoke to Aberdeen! 

I mean I know our board are bad but surely that’s a basic! 

some things aren't in your own hands - so if McInnes turns us down then that's that. But the way our PR is run is a cluster-fucky,  Omni-shamble, cunt-up. PR depts are supposed to deal with setbacks like this, have contingency in place -  have a worst case scenario statement ready to show that things actually are not that bad and that our board aren't utterly incompetent. What do we get? silence.

7 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

They travelled for talks with them mate. Then rejected 

Your 100% correct mate I think he shat it SSN reporting he didn't even speak to us. Says it all

Taking 6 weeks to go and get your 'number 1' target - I'm not surprised he said no thanks. 

23 minutes ago, Siwel said:

We started selling Bodywarmers in the club shop just to be turned down and now the only cunt who would actually buy one isn’t coming.

Tim sherwood incoming to solve that problem

He bottled it, again. knew he was on a hiding to nothing coming here , knew he didn't have the talent and we didn't have the funds to match fans expectations, why be out of a job next year and be hated by 2 sets of fans when you can stay put and be a legend to one set.

1 minute ago, CottonRunt said:

Concerns me that we haven't released a statement to at least clarify what' happened.  Get the feeling the cunts in charge were all off home at 5 o'clock.  

Fans left in the dark as usual.  Transparency my arse! 

Maybe because our board made a cunt of it.. they’re not going to release a statement saying they were at fault are they?

Just now, Blue72 said:

Tim sherwood incoming to solve that problem

We would make a killing selling mugs with his face on it

2 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

The thing is, surely we have spoken to him! Unofficially! 

He’s an ex player, it can’t be hard to have a mutual contact talk to him & confirm he is interested before we spoke to Aberdeen! 

I mean I know our board are bad but surely that’s a basic! 

To get the job he'd need to resign from the sheep mate that was the big issue here IMO

Not bothered, moving on. 👍🏼