MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

I take it the interview process the board where talking about was all bullshit as well????

More than likely 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

Be still ones popping up left right and centre tbh.

Prob best to wait till everyone has vented. Once done it should be set alight and the ashes scattered down Susan Boyles toilet 

Move it to General sports perhaps 😀

6 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

TBH, I was undecided about him before the double header, but those two games sealed it for me. Aberdeen and 3rd/4th place finishes are his level. We need someone who can actually lay a glove on the tims.

I didnt want him but did you miss the last 3 seasons? 

He knows he hasnt got the beating of the scum even with us so he done what he is good at bottled out

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

That might well be right mate, as I say we are all guessing tonight. 

I think it sticks out like a sore thumb what the plan is and always has been, fat Ashley to put cash in but he can’t until him manager is voted out the jungle show. Wee Denboy Wise is our new manager.:dance:with Robbie Neilson as his number two and translator

1 minute ago, Junior Soprano said:

I take it the interview process the board where talking about was all bullshit as well????

Bet they wish they never mentioned that now. if true we should have an another fall back in place 

Watch this space 

Just now, Zulu said:

He knows he hasnt got the beating of the scum even with us so he done what he is good at bottled out

He also knew all his taig workmates wouldn't have went down well at our club...........

I don't see how we can go for a 'traditional' British manager when we have a continental DoF structure in place.

Now I'm not saying any of these are my preference, but they've been suggested -

How does McLeish, Wright, Davies etc work with a DoF?

Edit: Any manager is putting a lot of faith in Mark Allen for his success...

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

That's a good point

Bullshitting cunts

The only thing that I think the board can do to win over the fans now is to go out and try and land someone like Bilic.

They dont have a hope in hell of getting him though.

What I can imagine happening is that they will be drawing up plans and the outcome will be to go beg Walter to come back, only for Ethel to give an exclusive to the Daily Record vetoing the deal.

2 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Interview process :lol:

bet allen walks over this 

So are we still looking at Mclaren or Davies?

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

The only thing that I think the board can do to win over the fans now is to go out and try and land someone like Bilic.

What I can imagine happening is that they will be drawing up plans and the outcome will be to go beg Walter to come back, only for Ethel to give an exclusive to the Daily Record vetoing the deal.

Bilic is a shambles mate, an unmitigated shambles... his appointment would be an absolute fucking disaster 

cunt looks like a broken window and appears to have no appetite for it. He’d disintegrate in Scotland under the microscope 

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Daft cunts hung themselves when they ruled out foreign 

1 minute ago, theiconicman said:

I don't see how we can go for a 'traditional' British manager when we have a continental DoF structure in place.

Now I'm not saying any of these are my preference, but they've been suggested -

How does McLeish, Wright, Davies etc work with a DoF?

Edit: Any manager is putting a lot of faith in Mark Allen for his success...

They don’t work 

thats why the DOF was a waste of time when we were recruiting him, appointed him and still is 6 months down the like

amateur bastards the lot of them 

What's done is done.   I really do not think waiting 6 weeks to go after him was even remotely clever.   It created the image that there was plenty of choice and that it wasn't case of having a clear preferred candidate right from the off.   Being one of a pool of candidates and then after 6 weeks just sauntering round to make the formal enquiry does not strike me as being a Club who was powerfully keen on getting his signature on a contract.    Struck me as an arrogance above arrogance in the way the board has gone about this. 

But its done and over.   Could yet turn out to be for the good but it sure does risk putting some added pressure on whoever they eventually persuade to sign a manager contract as he will forever be seen as not being the first choice and will start each game and each season with that tag.    Would need to be someone with real depths of inner strength and thick skin to deal with that.

Will any other manager want the job now or have the same enthusiasm for it after the mess that's been made of this recruitment?    Some will but they might be very far from the quality we really need.   So what to do now?   Solution for now could well be Murty.    Maybe it's him until the end of the season and take it from there.    If it is Murty then its bit like a case of backs to the wall and all we can do is give him the very best support but at the same time absolute pelters for a shambles of a board.    Support the manager and team but the board should be hearing and seeing loud and clear that they are nothing but a shambles.     

4 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I still think that's unfair on him mate.

But I can see why the double header has changed people's views or solidified them

I can understand to a degree mate. For me it was actually the game at Ibrox that did it. We were shit against Hamilton and Dundee, and everyone knew the team for that game a good couple of hours before it...yet he had no answers. None. His only throw of the dice was throwing GMS on after 40 minutes and even that did very little. We then played practically the same team/formation AND left out Alves, yet still controlled things pretty well at Pittodrie. I know you will argue about players not perhaps wanting to give their all if they thought he was leaving, but I'd actually expect the exact opposite to be honest.

Don't even think the board know that bar a daft wee band their support is diminishing at a rapid rate 

Just now, Smile said:

So are we still looking at Mclaren or Davies?

I'm siding with Davies. I know thats not a popular opinion to have on here, but right now i'd take him. 

No point dwelling on it.

We're fucked as a club. This for me shows that this is without doubt the worst period in our history. I wasn't alive for the 80's but I think it would be ridiculous to suggest that time was worse than this. 

I was for McInnes but I find it an unbelievable blow that an Aberdeen manager that apparently is a Rangers man can just knock us back. Brutal. Really fucking brutal.

11 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

TBH, I was undecided about him before the double header, but those two games sealed it for me. Aberdeen and 3rd/4th place finishes are his level. We need someone who can actually lay a glove on the tims.

Know it's like a broken record but do you really think we're likely to get that someone with this current shambles?