MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

Just now, KingKirk said:

There is chat on FF that he wanted TD in with him and we wouldn't agree to that 

I really dont buy that at all.

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Is it really?

The scum went have hammered the champions 3-0 in their own country. 

Last season Brugge lost 6 group games out of 6, scored 2 goals in a group which contained Leicester, Porto and Copenhagen.

Not convinced at all it's a better standard.

Belgium is way better than Scotland.. https://www.uefa.com/memberassociations/uefarankings/country/

Netherlands too.

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Nobody knows anything. 

We were all told it was a done deal etc. 

Didn't want to pay Aberdeen any Money anyway, If Mccinnes doesn't want the job there will be others better qualified to take the job. At this point if Murty gets 3 points on Saturday he should be given until the end of the season, I was never sold on Mccinnes he might have worked he might not. The Board have been a shambles in any kind of planning and playing guess who at the AGM. We have just played Aberdeen of the park twice home and away and that has been down to Murty changing the system and giving the team belief. If Mccinnes wants to stay at Aberdeen then fuck him we should  just go with the guy who has just owned him twice in a week. 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

FF also said we’d announce him at 4pm.

Can we fuck their chat off.

Six week process to decide on who they thought was the right guy then act all condescending when they make a total arse of it.

Apart from the colossal fuck up by the shysters in charge, i am fuckin delighted this prick and all his tarrier backroom staff are nowhere near the club.

2 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Told you, only option the Board had.

After forty-two days that tells us they do not have a plan in place at all.

Is this some sort of sick joke?

'We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk.'

“We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post.”

This is a laughably transparent attempt to explain that McInnes shat it without admitting we communicated with him via back channels. As if you could get all that from Aberdeen’s passive aggressive two-sentence statement. 

8 minutes ago, Smile said:

Club statement

THERE has been a great deal of media speculation regarding the appointment of a new manager. We assure all supporters that they will be the first to know when we are certain we have someone with the correct qualities required by our club.

The Chairman made it clear at the AGM that the club did not consider there to be an outstanding candidate among those who had applied for the position and the club was therefore considering managers currently under contract. This requires permission from their present clubs.

The position of Rangers manager requires an ability to win football matches and the mentality to cope with the demanding off-pitch environment that goes with being the Rangers manager. This is a critical aspect of our assessment of any candidate during the interview process.

After the two games against Aberdeen, we requested permission to engage with their manager to assess his readiness and willingness to consider the Rangers position. This was declined. We were subsequently made aware by Aberdeen’s statement that, at this stage in his career, it would be best for him to remain in his current post. We endorse that position because moving to a massive club like Rangers is a big step with concomitant risk. We continue to consider candidates but will only appoint someone in whom we have full confidence and who feels he is ready for the job.

In the meantime, we have great confidence in Graeme Murty, who will continue as interim manager at least until the end of the year. The manner in which he has approached this task is a credit to himself and the club.:duh:

I like it. DM shat it thank fuck he did before he got the job. Board wanted him he wanted it then shat it we move on and get someone with the balls for the job

3 minutes ago, Phil said:

Taking Brugge to the last 8 of the EL is at a poor level? The guys won leagues with Standard Liege and Brugge against the bigger club in Anderlecht. A trophy in the Netherlands as well with Twente.

Wait your hyping up winning a domestic cup competition?

Rodgers is correctly getting slated for is CL record, so why does MPH get excused for 6 defeats in 6 in a group they couldn't have hand picked better?

Sorry but I'm not going to get all wax lyrical for Brugge beating AAB of Denmark in the knockouts of the EL, his result against Besiktas was impressive though, but not enough for the praise he receives on here. As I said previously has a good record, but he is still a massive risk and I don't understand the hype he gets on here.

5 minutes ago, frazer89 said:

Club Statement=WE DON't KNOW WHAT WERE DOING!

:headwall:

We do know we wanted DM he shat it at the last so the process to find the right guy starts again 

9 minutes ago, piperpete said:

I don’t watch it either but heard they had Fell put with Wise on the news for bullying some no mark and the penny dropped :mutley:

:thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

If Belgium and Holland are on a poor level, then where's the SPL? 

He won a cup in Holland, 6 years ago, why is this being hyped as some achievement?

Just now, Rangers_no1 said:

He won a cup in Holland, 6 years ago, why is this being hyped as some achievement?

He's won league titles with clubs who hadn't done so in years, who does that remind you of? 

He's been the best candidate since day dot. 

39 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

I take it the interview process the board where talking about was all bullshit as well????

Now that you mention it, I don't think they interviewed anyone at all, surely word would have got out, so you're spot on, total bullshit.

2 hours ago, scottyc06 said:

6/4 on Murty looks a solid bet! He’s already had 6 games, 8 by the middle of next week! Only needs 10 games to be classed as the next permanent manager!!

Anybody get on this before the statement?

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Wait your hyping up winning a domestic cup competition?

Rodgers is correctly getting slated for is CL record, so why does MPH get excused for 6 defeats in 6 in a group they couldn't have hand picked better?

Sorry but I'm not going to get all wax lyrical for Brugge beating AAB of Denmark in the knockouts of the EL, his result against Besiktas was impressive though, but not enough for the praise he receives on here. As I said previously has a good record, but he is still a massive risk and I don't understand the hype he gets on here.

In a more general sense, they're hardly worth writing home about, but - in the specific context of 'realistic' options for our next manager - his achievement are very impressive. I don't think it will happen - and I think his agent was angling for publicity - but the supposed alternatives (Eck, Wright, O'Neill) make him an attractive prospect.