MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

5 minutes ago, Inigo said:

So McInnes loves Aberdeen, then.

You turned injun, din'ya.

8979-4324.jpg

Ich bin ein sheepshagger. 

We would've been condemned to a continuing reign of mediocrity under his tenure, but his bed remains covered in dung thankfully for us. 

Dud of a man is wholly welcome to that tinpot club. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Ich bin ein sheepshagger. 

We would've been condemned to a continuing reign of mediocrity under his tenure, but his bed remains covered in dung thankfully for us. 

Dud of a man is wholly welcome to that tinpot club. 

After today I agree and have a like !

Missing out on McInnes is embarrassing given the way we've gone about it but he's nothing special.  Our youth coach has just lead us to back to back victories over his team.  All we need is a competent coach in place and that might still happen.  Is if does, we'll go on to dominate teams like Aberdeen and view this failed appointment as a blessing in disguise.  All is not lost the hunt is still on for a new manager and it's still about getting the right man to take this club forward.

40 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Looking at it now he had some cheek calling out wee Pedro with his "Your job Is to beat celtic" interview. At least Pedro stepped into the ring and went down fighting. McInnes declined to even put on gloves.

Come on, this is all getting rather hypocritical. We don't know and probably will never know his reasons and one thing's for sure, we will never get the truth from King and that fucking abortion of a statement of ours straight from the pen of Jabba. We are treated with utter contempt. King actually hung that poor cunt out to dry and I didn't even want, him here, but was getting used to the idea of him coming. 

Up until he rejected us, he was being lauded to fuck in here and now he's the anti christ, ffs.

Shaking the hand of our Chairman on a deal when you need to check your fingers afterwards doesn't bode well for job security.

The one villain of this particular piece of theatre lies firmly with King, ably abetted by his board of yes men. We are no longer the force we were and have no God given right to secure the services of anyone. We are as toxic as this board are incompetent and king has made sure of that and we allow him to. When we cannot attract a Rangers man from a diddy club like the sheep for whatever reason, believe the alarm bells should be ringing. 

We move forward with Murty and give him our full support and hope that he cam deliver us the desired results to keep us in second place, because with this board at the helm, there is little else to look forward to or hope for.

4 hours ago, KingKirk said:

How awkward will the interview be for the next guy the go for. He knows he is 2nd best before in the building FFS:megaanguish: 

Not to worry, a wee PR lesson from the beasts from the East wouldn't go amiss 

"Roy would you like the job?"

"Nah, it's not for me Peter"

"Here is our new manager and 1st choice all along Ronnie Deila "

That's how it's done👍😂

Funny enough we pumped his mob 5-1 over 2 games after that some doubted DM was the correct man well today I think proved it 

I think its a daunting task, and the main reason i came round to the idea of McInnes was I felt he was better suited than most to understand the enormity of it. 

Well he does and doesnt fancy it, we'll move on. I think I'd still prefer someone with a Rangers background but nobody springs to mind. If we are going to go with a young unproven manager he's  going to need a senior guy around as mentor or he'll get fucking trampled on. 

4 hours ago, cushynumber said:

It was like coming this close to your dreams and then watch them brush past you like a stranger in a crowd. At the time, you don't think much of it. You know, we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, 'Well, there'll be other days.' I didn't realize that that was the only day

Aye ok Burt :lol:

Very apt though . 

11 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Who else turned us down, anyone? I wouldn't mind knowing that.

Did we no speak to Allardyce? 

7 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Did we no speak to Allardyce? 

He's on 100k a week at Everton. If we did I'd imagine it was to ask why he likes a trench coat over a leather jacket 

Obviously just internet rumours. But I heard we didn’t baulk at whatever his wage demands were. I think it was the fact he was looking for £25m to spend in January.

1 minute ago, gersandy said:

Obviously just internet rumours. But I heard we didn’t baulk at whatever his wage demands were. I think it was the fact he was looking for £25m to spend in January.

Think his deal is like 6 million quid. There's no way we got near him imo mate 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Think his deal is like 6 million quid. There's no way we got near him imo mate 

I think we were in first, Everton were after that Watford manager. I read somewhere Allardyce was looking for a 2 year deal worth £4m in total.

1 minute ago, gersandy said:

I think we were in first, Everton were after that Watford manager. I read somewhere Allardyce was looking for a 2 year deal worth £4m in total.

Just don't see how we'd get near those figures tbh.

I'd have taken him though 

11 minutes ago, gersandy said:

Internet rumours is being kind there 

6 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Just don't see how we'd get near those figures tbh.

I'd have taken him though 

£40k a week? 

10 minutes ago, gersandy said:

£40k a week? 

We wouldn't get near that imo

The more I'm seeing about mcinnes the more I'm embarrassed we even went for him. He actually looks quite weak.

Just wtf were we playing at 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

The more I'm seeing about mcinnes the more I'm embarrassed we even went for him. He actually looks quite weak.

Despite what happened he was probably the best choice of the realistic options on offer . Imo , of course . 

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

I know, after 6 weeks they finally go for him and he knocks us back. This board doesn't fill me with confidence. Fuck knows where we go from here. 

Just now, gmcf said:

Despite what happened he was probably the best choice of the realistic options on offer . Imo , of course . 

He probably was mate. But not wanting to resign from Aberdeen to manage the team you support because you didn't really feel wanted is pretty pathetic. 

If true obviously.

Also he may only be being nice by putting that story out so as to.not offend anyone by admitting he spoke to us but it looks like for all the ITK that has been told to people it never got as far as anyone was led to.believe (myself included)

Stick SAF, Souness and Walter in a room and get them to choose the next manager.

or

Get Robertson to choose.

3 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

Stick SAF, Souness and Walter in a room and get them to choose the next manager.

or

Get Robertson to choose.

Just get them in a room and don't let Walter out till the brogues are back on 

4 minutes ago, geneva_ger said:

or

Get Robertson to choose.

Hope you mean Davie Robertson