MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, KWBear said:

Whoever it is it will take this crock of shit board of indecisive divided cunts about 8 weeks to make a fucking appointment 

fucking amateurs 

Whoever gets an interview had better make sure their PowerPoint presentation is up to scratch. As long as they stick to the cardinal rules then they'll be fine:

Maximum of 12 slides, it's not a job in brain surgery they're going for

Target and Content

When speaking, don't repeat what's on the slide - discuss it.

Take Home Message

Stick to that and they're a shoe-in for the job :happy:

:sarcasm:

I don't think Mccinnes has what it takes to overcome the tarriers he hasn't laid a glove on them in 10 games and they look scared when they come up against them, not what we need he is a decent manager but we need an excellent manager to try and sort this mess out, I would like Pardew who would get us winning and be able to attract better talent than Mccinnes.

4 minutes ago, GWR1979 said:

I don't think Mccinnes has what it takes to overcome the tarriers he hasn't laid a glove on them in 10 games and they look scared when they come up against them, not what we need he is a decent manager but we need an excellent manager to try and sort this mess out, I would like Pardew who would get us winning and be able to attract better talent than Mccinnes.

Do you think if Pardew was the manager of that Aberdeen team he'd be beating celtic? 

Not sure how he would cope with the death threats from bitter taigs but out of all the candidates Michael O'Neill looks to me the type of manager who can get the best out of average players which is the market we're operating in at this time.

3 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Not sure how he would cope with the death threats from bitter taigs but out of all the candidates Michael O'Neill looks to me the type of manager who can get the best out of average players which is the market we're operating in at this time.

I wouldn't be unhappy with Michael O'Neill. 

There's a few capable, if not flashy candidates out there to choose from. There's literally half a dozen I can think of that I think would do the job we need - McInnes, O'Neill, Wright, Redknapp, Warnock ... don't think they're realistic but some think they are in Hughes and Allardyce.

Any of them would do the job we need .... and then in a year or two once we're back on track and hopefully got investment secured or stockpiled some decent cash then we could aim higher for a top, top manager with proper backing to challenge the fenians.

Some of it maybe wishful thinking or my heads in the clouds but that's how it needs to go.

9 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Didn't he just get a drink driving ban?

Good manager but looking at him recently, he's sporting that very distinct alcoholic look and it's not worth the risk.

I've no doubt McInnes would improve us but like others I don't think he's the best man for the job.

I heard ( from an associate of McInnes  ) that Rangers officials had met With Milne earlier to discuss a compensation package so it looks like a done deal.

10 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I wouldn't be unhappy with Michael O'Neill. 

There's a few capable, if not flashy candidates out there to choose from. There's literally half a dozen I can think of that I think would do the job we need - McInnes, O'Neill, Wright, Redknapp, Warnock ... don't think they're realistic but some think they are in Hughes and Allardyce.

Any of them would do the job we need .... and then in a year or two once we're back on track and hopefully got investment secured or stockpiled some decent cash then we could aim higher for a top, top manager with proper backing to challenge the fenians.

Some of it maybe wishful thinking or my heads in the clouds but that's how it needs to go.

My concern is do you think we , as a support , will put up with a year or two ? 

We demand instant success , which I can understand , but the downside of that is we have no patience . 

11 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

Didn't he just get a drink driving ban?

Good manager but looking at him recently, he's sporting that very distinct alcoholic look and it's not worth the risk.

He did indeed, to be fair he's always had that look about him.

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

We demand instant success , which I can understand , but the downside of that is we have no patience . 

Depends.

Personally, if the results are as bad, worse or even just slightly better than Pedro's, Warburton's, McCoist's then I'll be the first saying I got it wrong and I want McInnes gone.

But, if we become a second force, get behind the taigs to the tune of single figures and stop these embarrassing results then I'd see that as progress enough for the short term.

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

That is always going to be the way at Rangers. We demand Titles, Champions League and domestic cups and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just need to find the right people who can hack the intense pressure.

Just now, gmcf said:

A year would be fine in the big picture in my humble.

It's the odd performance or two in big games that matters in the meantime. McInnes wasn't smart enough to park the bus against celtic the other night at home and that's why I don't want him anywhere near us. Whatever he told his team, whatever his plan was, it was shite. His team were outclassed.

Murty managed to do it better for us at parkhead, McInnes didn't know how to do it at home.

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Depends.

Personally, if the results are as bad, worse or even just slightly better than Pedro's, Warburton's, McCoist's then I'll be the first saying I got it wrong and I want McInnes gone.

But, if we become a second force, get behind the taigs to the tune of single figures and stop these embarrassing results then I'd see that as progress enough for the short term.

Good post. 

You generally have a well balanced view.

Are you a Rangers Media Admin? Just noticed the red username.

Just now, City_of_Blue said:

Good post. 

You generally have a well balanced view.

Are you a Rangers Media Admin? Just noticed the red username.

Cheers mate. And yeah I'm admin but I do the dirty work in the background the technical stuff to ensure the smooth running of the forum, downloads and upgrades to keep you guys experience the best it can be.

I let Ben51 take care of the bannings and things like that. 

1 minute ago, K.A.I said:

Cheers mate. And yeah I'm admin but I do the dirty work in the background the technical stuff to ensure the smooth running of the forum, downloads and upgrades to keep you guys experience the best it can be.

I let Ben51 take care of the bannings and things like that. 

Ah so you're the real Admin and Ben51 the janitor?:pipe:

Regardless, keep up the good work. FF looks like a rancid favela compared to here:thumbsup: 

Just now, City_of_Blue said:

Ah so you're the real Admin and Ben51 the janitor?:pipe:

Regardless, keep up the good work. FF looks like a rancid favela compared to here:thumbsup: 

Correct mate :crabflute:

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Only if you provide the room service, Gordon. 

Bring me you're best Michelin star Steak and you can share the bed.

6 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Depends.

Thats fair enough . I just hope our support see the bigger picture . We can't go on changing the management and ' their ' team to the detriment of building another . At some point we are going to have to be a bit more patient . 

21 minutes ago, City_of_Blue said:

That is always going to be the way at Rangers. We demand Titles, Champions League and domestic cups and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Just need to find the right people who can hack the intense pressure.

I agree , but it's a difficult task given our financial position . 

1 minute ago, gmcf said:

Thats fair enough . I just hope our support see the bigger picture . We can't go on changing the management and ' their ' team to the detriment of building another . At some point we are going to have to be a bit more patient . 

I agree with being patient but ONLY if we see signs of progression or enough progression. It's a matter of opinion and what you look for in progress when it comes to the question if are were better now under Pedro than we were last season under Warburton but surely what's not up for debate is the fact that we haven't improved to an acceptable standard and the results were pathetic. 

The patience and progression thing is a bit of a grey area as it's open to interpritation but we need to see a vast improvement to justify being patient and getting right behind a new guy, if not we will (rightly IMO) find ourselves back in the same position looking for a new manager. Which is why we need to get this right this time - we are running out of time to get it right. 

35 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

A year would be fine in the big picture in my humble.

It's the odd performance or two in big games that matters in the meantime. McInnes wasn't smart enough to park the bus against celtic the other night at home and that's why I don't want him anywhere near us. Whatever he told his team, whatever his plan was, it was shite. His team were outclassed.

Murty managed to do it better for us at parkhead, McInnes didn't know how to do it at home.

As much as I quite like Murty , it's difficult to judge that one game compared to DM . Yeah it was a good result  , but how would he do over 3/4 games against them , I'm not so sure . 

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

I agree with being patient but ONLY if we see signs of progression or enough progression. It's a matter of opinion and what you look for in progress when it comes to the question if are were better now under Pedro than we were last season under Warburton but surely what's not up for debate is the fact that we haven't improved to an acceptable standard and the results were pathetic. 

The patience and progression thing is a bit of a grey area as it's open to interpritation but we need to see a vast improvement to justify being patient and getting right behind a new guy, if not we will (rightly IMO) find ourselves back in the same position looking for a new manager. Which is why we need to get this right this time - we are running out of time to get it right. 

That's the sad thing in this whole sorry mess - we've wasted 6 years in trying to get it right and time is running out . 

Some of the names thrown about he is far from the worst option.

People think McInnes is a bad shout because he couldn't win the league with ABERDEEN :lol: