MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

1 hour ago, gmcf said:

My concern is do you think we , as a support , will put up with a year or two ? 

We demand instant success , which I can understand , but the downside of that is we have no patience . 

The next time we lose an Old Firm game there will be calls for the manager to get sacked regardless of who he is.  That pressure to sack him will increase with every Old Firm defeat and dropped point in between.  Unless someone can come in and start beating celtic straight away he's on a hiding to nothing.  The next manager we hire probably wont be here a year from now, let alone two.

Im sure Mcinnes came out and said his wage bill for his whole SQUAD was 45k per week.

We could pick 2-3 players out our squad right now and would be over that amount... Ofcourse he wont win the league/challenge celtic with that sort of budget are you lot insane?

Best/safest option imo, even if he turns out not so successful he wont put our club/squad years behind like Pedro has just done. He will improve the players we have and recruit good solid SPL Proven players.

5 minutes ago, RossRFC1 said:

Im sure Mcinnes came out and said his wage bill for his whole SQUAD was 45k per week.

We could pick 2-3 players out our squad right now and would be over that amount... Ofcourse he wont win the league/challenge celtic with that sort of budget are you lot insane?

Best/safest option imo, even if he turns out not so successful he wont put our club/squad years behind like Pedro has just done. He will improve the players we have and recruit good solid SPL Proven players.

Just now, RossRFC1 said:

That's the extent of our ambition just now? A manager who will get a few things done on the cheap and not embarrass us?

7 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

That's the extent of our ambition just now? A manager who will get a few things done on the cheap and not embarrass us?

Tbh yes. As bad as that sounds. 

Whilst this board fail to provide the right funding to really take the tarriers on, we can't really do a progression any other way. As morbid as that sounds.

I could be wrong of course and King has found that 30-million - in that case bust the bank for a Mark Hughes or something but I don't think that's likely, personally.

29 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

The next time we lose an Old Firm game there will be calls for the manager to get sacked regardless of who he is.  That pressure to sack him will increase with every Old Firm defeat and dropped point in between.  Unless someone can come in and start beating celtic straight away he's on a hiding to nothing.  The next manager we hire probably wont be here a year from now, let alone two.

It's certainly a concern . 

Like ive said previously , we are , at some point having to give someone time , irrespective of particular results , and look at the bigger picture . Ie are we progressing .  Like you say , this may not happen , no matter who it is . I keep stressing the financial aspect and how the tarriers have now 2 seasons of CL money behind them and how realistic our expectations are . 

On a positive note , we've done it before . I'm thinking of Souness after years in the wilderness , I'm thinking of Big Eck winning his first 5 trophies in a row after a year or so in the doldrums . I'm thinking of big brenda, whose team , imo , isn't as great as the press would have you believe . For instance , I think they had a better team when Big Eck won the treble against them . They are not the world beaters as some would make out , rather we are poor just now , more than they are good . Sort ourselves out and we'll make a game of it . 

Edit. Had to edit that - too many rums :lol: 

27 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Who said thats lacking ambition? Who said he will fail? I'm just saying IF he isnt successful it wont be that bad, compared to what pedro has done. If 18 months down the line we arent doing so well we wont be in as much of a mess we are in now.

He can only improve things imo.

1 minute ago, RossRFC1 said:

Who said thats lacking ambition? Who said he will fail? I'm just saying IF he isnt successful it wont be that bad, compared to what pedro has done. If 18 months down the line we arent doing so well we wont be in as much of a mess we are in now.

He can only improve things imo.

One of the positives about DM is that he seems to have an eye for good players at a reasonable price . If it doesn't work out , as weird as this sounds , we won't be left with the kind of duds that Ally , MW or , to a lesser extent , PC left us with . 

Hard to explain that in text . 

3 minutes ago, RossRFC1 said:

Who said thats lacking ambition? Who said he will fail? 

Personal opinion mate, never pretended it was anything else.

I'm saying it's lacking ambition and I say he's not good enough. I reckon he'll fail.

2 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Personal opinion mate, never pretended it was anything else.

I'm saying it's lacking ambition and I say he's not good enough. I reckon he'll fail.

If we're still speaking about Derek then I agree it would feel totally unambitious

Just now, born a blue nose said:

If we're still speaking about Derek then I agree it would feel totally unambitious

Yeah, that's who I was talking about.

The morons who think McInnes should have finished above the 92 and 86 points Deila's team (almost identical to Rodgers team) did, deserve the next ridiculous appointment that still finishes 10 points behind McInnes's 1/5 of the budget team.

35 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Yeah, that's who I was talking about.

I said Derek as if there was any other Aberdeen managing mciness 😂😂

Aberdeen have only won the league 4 times in their history, the last being under Ferguson (Fergusons was so extraordinary that we and Man Unt went in for him). If McInnes becomes Rangers manager he will know the expectations and I will wish him all the luck in the world. 

Mcinness would be my third choice behind Allerdyce and Moyes, it all depends on how much the board are willing to fund the new manager, if they opt for mcinness it would seem we will have a status quo in terms of spending although I would rather spend whatever compensation we will pay the sheep on get one of the other two, not sure how mcinness will attract the type of players we need to be honest, all comes down to the ambition of the board. 

Murty hopefully will get us up and running and the board will stick with him. He’s the man to take us forward. Wouldn’t totally be against Mccinnes though to be honest but I’d rather Murty. 

IF Rangers was playing in a level playing field then McInnes would be a good choice.

We need a manager that idiots like Sutton and Butcher will find it very hard to disrespect. We also need one that will get the media down South to increase its interest in us The SFA/SPFL will then find it hard to continue with its agenda. 

I’m afraid McIness just doesn’t have that presence.

So when selecting the next Rangers manager we have to consider what Sutton might think? 

Jesus ........ fuckin ..........wept 

9 hours ago, BRITNEY IS NOT FEELING IT said:

Nah it's gonna be article-2314673-0074E2DF00000258-885_634  

No thanks, big names should not impress us any more, And how much would he cost and when we tell him he has no budget ?  De Boer will want a war chest we do not have 

4 minutes ago, Blueenose said:

Murty hopefully will get us up and running and the board will stick with him. He’s the man to take us forward. Wouldn’t totally be against Mccinnes though to be honest but I’d rather Murty. 

Are you familiar with the term ‘Earl Haig’? Admin, do the business 

6 minutes ago, Blueenose said:

C'mon Graeme start thinking about plans for the days game.

2 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Are you familiar with the term ‘Earl Haig’? Admin, do the business 

So if Murty won the next four games you wouldn’t consider him? 

1 minute ago, Blueenose said:

So if Murty won the next four games you wouldn’t consider him? 

Admin!!!! 

No more talk of moyes please. 

Man Utd record like pedros. 

david-moyes-record-breaker-update.jpg