MacBoyd

Derek McInnes

Depends if you want to believe them or not but apparently the release clause is 800k which is what Sunderland agreed and even though the signed a new deal afterwards, the trigger-fee remained the same. 

Far cry from the 1.5-million people shat themselves at.

could be wrong but if McInnes comes out and forces it we might get a chunk off that reported 800k too 

FC48997E-03D8-4471-B915-E8A5BBDFE7EC.png

On 01/11/2017 at 01:54, Heshootshescores said:

The fact that McInnes is being strongly backed by self-confessed Rangers hater (and all round cunt) Chris Sutton tells us all we need to know about the mediocrity of the appointment. 

Not really as Sutton was vocal in wanting Pedro sacked and saying we needed better than him - and he was right 

where does that leave your logic on that one?

I'm willing to bet the next story that the papers run is that we are willing to pay the £800k but Aberdeen won't accept the installments we offer.

No idea if it will be true or not, but the newspapers seem to love adding this for any domestic transfer business we do to stir up the idea that admin 2 is around the corner.

First part I agree with second part I’ve never really noticed newspapers hint at admin2 that’s usually bloggers and social media experts 

Hopefully there's an approach after this weekends games. 

21 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

A genuinely can't make up my mind who I want in man. 

Think the board are having the same problem. 

Has McInnes not also finished 2nd,2nd,2nd in Europe or is it just my mind that thinks he fails at the 2nd qualifying round each season?

When he can improve on that and beat the Bheasts then he might be worth a try.

It's becoming more and more a circus  every day with clowns like mclaren being thrown into the mix.

I’d say it’s harder now financially to get him out of Aberdeen than it was . If the club managed to navigate those terms they then need to make it financially attractive to Mcinnes , not compared to Aberdeen but compared to other jobs in the championship that he’d have a real chance of . 

I think if we want him we can obviously get him , this is Rangers , but it needs to be a serious approach that leaves him in no doubt he’s the top choice . 

14 hours ago, BigDak said:

I hate to do this whole "I heard from a reliable source" bit but someone who should know what's going on (and before anyone asks, no, I'm not saying who. So you can choose to believe it or not) said to me "I wouldn't put money on McInnes getting it".

He might just be bluffing but I don't doubt that this guy would know what's in the pipeline.

That post offered literally nothing 

Giving money to one of the hater clubs for a mediocre manager? No thanks. 

Even 800k is far too much. 

Include wages you are getting close to the 2m a year figure they pay Rodgers. 

Yet we get Derek McInnes? Shambles

It's a tough one paying the sheep compensation money at all though. One of the reasons given for taking him is that it'll destabilise them while they look for a new manager but paying them £800k is a pretty nice transfer budget for their next manager to strengthen an already decent squad of players come January.

7 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Rogers is on 45k per week which is about 2.35m a year 

If we get McInnes on a 4 year contract that’s 200k per year based on the 800k on top of his salary which won’t be anywhere near 45k a week 

9 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Why only use 1 year? The cost over the length of a contract is a big difference. We aren't going to give anyone £2m on 3-5 years.

Thought Docherty wouldn't come?

Just now, B1872 said:

Thought Docherty wouldn't come?

Why? He’s a Rangers fan despite the name 

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Not really as Sutton was vocal in wanting Pedro sacked and saying we needed better than him - and he was right 

where does that leave your logic on that one?

The arsehole cant help himself but criticise all things Rangers, I only wish that our former players in the media showed similar traits. 

Just now, K.A.I said:

Why? He’s a Rangers fan despite the name 

Everyone has said he's a rabid tarrier, like the worst kind! 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I'm willing to bet the next story that the papers run is that we are willing to pay the £800k but Aberdeen won't accept the installments we offer.

No idea if it will be true or not, but the newspapers seem to love adding this for any domestic transfer business we do to stir up the idea that admin 2 is around the corner.

The board better not start with that pish. Dragging our name thru the dirt again at the same time

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

I know a lot has been made of it, and obviously it would be great to get them in as cheaply as possible, but we shouldn’t even be considering the compensation figure in deciding who the manager is. 

Seen plenty on here use compensation figures as ways to big-up one candidate over another, but the fact is that appointing the wrong candidate will cost us substantially more than the compensation for the right candidiate.

That's fair to an extent.

But if we know what we can afford for a manager, what budget we have to give him and what we expect for that outlay then it is very important. Pay more for the manager = potentially less for his transfer budget which in turn affects realistic expectations.

So yeah, getting the right manager identified first is crucial. But unless compensation is found to pay any comp from a separate pot then it is an important factor for us given our financial situation. 

If DM is the board's clear cut preference then it begs one simple question......................why the delay?

29 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Rogers is on 45k per week which is about 2.35m a year 

If we get McInnes on a 4 year contract that’s 200k per year based on the 800k on top of his salary which won’t be anywhere near 45k a week 

The first year outlay will be around 2m whatever way you want to shine it up. 

I'd rather give someone decent that 2m for the year than take 4 years of mediocrity. King should be ponying up what is required in order to stop 10.