McCrorie is our best young player since... who?

Ryju84

When was the last time we had a confident and capable young player?

Maybe you think there is someone in the team under 21 just now who is better... John? 

But even placing his goal today to the side, I am talking about how confident we are when he plays in defence, he has rarely put a foot wrong.

If no one just now... how far back are we going? I personally liked Chris Burke coming through the ranks, but I could be missing someone.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hutton i'd say. In the year before we sold him he played with genuine swagger, bearing in mind we were playing regular European football and he didn't look out of place there. Don't forget Gattuso, Arteta or Lovenkrands either, not our youth players as such but bought as under 21s and were great. 

We've had so many young players over the years that have played ok but never made the jersey their own so i've never been that bothered when they left. Recently MacLeod should not have been sold. He was decent but against lower league sides difficult to judge how he would have kicked on. 

Since the last one that people raved about.

He's done well since coming in but for a change can we just let a young player with potential get on with it and not big them up to be the next whoever, future captain, and the other ridiculous things that get thrown at every youth player that comes through.

Just now, MasterD said:

Since the last one that people raved about.

He's done well since coming in but for a change can we just let a young player with potential get on with it and not big them up to be the next whoever, future captain, and the other ridiculous things that get thrown at every youth player that comes through.

Okay... i understand ur first point. However in this case I dont see him being good one game, shit the next, and so on...

I never said future captain or whatever. Just think he is decent. And not big headed.

3 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Just wait till he has one bad game, cue RM hate fest.

Boy appears to be a real prospect, happy for him and will be delighted if we can bring through a few more

I am sure he had a bad game last season... i.e you would score him 6/10 instead of 8/10... cant remember what one, and he got some stick on here. 

But then... last season, to me, 6/10 was a decent score for our squad and anyone over that deserved praise full stop.

8 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I am sure he had a bad game last season... i.e you would score him 6/10 instead of 8/10... cant remember what one, and he got some stick on here. 

But then... last season, to me, 6/10 was a decent score for our squad and anyone over that deserved praise full stop.

Think you’re think of Aiden Wilson? Can’t remember McCrorie getting game time last year.

Good player. Not the finished article and will make mistakes, just need to give him the space to develop while embedding the ‘must win’ mentality. 

Not sure who he can be compared to in recent years, but he has the potential to be an excellent Rangers player in the future. Calm head on your shoulders.

Brilliant to see what it meant the goal and playing for Rangers means to him.

McLeod is the obvious one. Though he went the same way as Jamie Ness who I also thought looked good. Before that as others have said Danny Wilson and frankly with all these comparisons we need to realise how hard it is to develop from promising youngster to club legend. It is a very rare journey. 

McCrorie has massive potential and hasn’t looked out of place at all. Tie him up on a long deal and let’s hope he develops that potential 

8 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Think you’re think of Aiden Wilson? Can’t remember McCrorie getting game time last year.

Good player. Not the finished article and will make mistakes, just need to give him the space to develop while embedding the ‘must win’ mentality. 

Maybe i am. 

Actually I probably am.

34 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

Okay... i understand ur first point. However in this case I dont see him being good one game, shit the next, and so on...

I never said future captain or whatever. Just think he is decent. And not big headed.

I know you never said it but it’s what we see with most young players that come through and show potential. Ness, McCabe, McLeod were all capable and comfortable, people wanted us to build teams around them, called them future captains.

He’s still young with a long way to go and for a change I’d like to see us let a young player get on with it. Praise him when he does well, keep the carried away stuff to a minimum and see how he gets on in the next few years.