Declan John or Lee wallace?

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, gogzy said:

I'd like to see both of them playing up the left hand side at the same  time.

This! Worth a try to the end of the season when Wallace is fit. Part of Wallaces problems have been down to having dross playing in front of him and doing too much. Now we have a guy who can actually play LM it would be daft not to try it.

Wallace and I'm not a massive fan of his. Barring parts of one season in the championship under Warburton, I don't think he's looked anywhere near his level since we were in division 3.

That being said I think he's better defensively than John.

I think both are not bad options to have though. Neither are outstanding but both can do a job. Good competition for that place. Wallace should not be captain though.

I do hope we can sign John permanently.  The commentators said Leeds United where after him and it would be disappointing to miss out on him.  Lee is in his 30s now and this young lad could be his long-term replacement.  

Declan John would be a great signing. He does everything you want in a modern day full back. Defends well, pacey, looks to get forward, good left foot, combines well with the players in the middle and final third and can score a goal. Would be a great permanent signing 

Personally I don't think any of them are that good. Wallace is a better defender for me but looks like his time might be up but depends on next manger. 

I like defenders to be over 6ft and can first and foremost defend. Get that right and then we can concentrate on moving forward 

Wallace defensively, he has strength and the physique to handle the defensive side.

John is quicker, better in the ball.and can actually cross a wall. It would depend on what games we have. John I would use for a more attacking strategy if we know our opponent aren't as stronf as us. I'd use Wallace if we had to be more stricter with our defence. 

Hopefully John signs a contract with us. Leeds apparently interested.

2 hours ago, moody blue 1972 said:

Wallace is a horrific defender at the best of times and can go off form for a season at a time - john all day long

Makes you wonder at times if folk really watch the games , Wallace is and has always been a shocking defender, never a captain either.