Declan John or Lee wallace?

Full backs the world over are shite defensively - football systems have moved on.  Full backs are now offensive positions, hence the use of either one or two defensive midfielders.

For me the choice between John and Wallace is who is better going forward and that is John.  However Wallace and John could be a great partnership down the left with John ahead of Wallace. Only time will tell though.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

John. Lots of potential there and could be developed into a really good player. 

Wallace has been on the decline but a great servant. Can see him maybe going back through east and playing for a few years. Would be a stalwart in a team below us. 

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

This,

Hate to slate our players but Wallace is the worst captain in our entire history. I would sell him asap and use the money to buy a better replacement.

Failing that I would play John in LM ahead of Wallace.Who knows, could make a decent partnership - but at the end of the day I feel Wallace just ain't good enough to wear a Rangers jersey.

He spent the years he should have been developing in the lower leagues and sacrificed the potential of an international career because he refused to turn his back on us when so many others did.

Yes, as a player he has been found wanting but he is certainly not ‘the worst captain in our entire history.’

People have short memories. 

7 minutes ago, cp9 said:

He spent the years he should have been developing in the lower leagues and sacrificed the potential of an international career because he refused to turn his back on us when so many others did.

Yes, as a player he has been found wanting but he is certainly not ‘the worst captain in our entire history.’

People have short memories. 

Wallace would never have made it any higher than the lower leagues. 

17 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Wallace would never have made it any higher than the lower leagues. 

Absolute nonsense. He may not be good enough for Rangers anymore, but to suggest he wouldn’t have played regularly in the SPL over the years is baffling. 

Your comment about him being the worst captain in our history is pretty embarrassing to be honest. His time may be up, but he’s been an excellent servant to the club and at least didn’t fuck off at the first opportunity when others did. 

Wallace at least proved that he is commited to Rangers, and was loyal and honest during the period of our worst troubles, and took the huge responsibility of being captain at that time. He will forever have my respect for that alone.

I also believe he still has the potential to regain his earlier ability and confidence, and can play a major role in the team.

Find it sad some posters just dissing him cause he had a drop of form and an injury. Remember he was on the fringes of the national tem and was possibly one of the better performers against England.

13 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Wallace at least proved that he is commited to Rangers, and was loyal and honest during the period of our worst troubles, and took the huge responsibility of being captain at that time. He will forever have my respect for that alone.

I also believe he still has the potential to regain his earlier ability and confidence, and can play a major role in the team.

Find it sad some posters just dissing him cause he had a drop of form and an injury. Remember he was on the fringes of the national tem and was possibly one of the better performers against England.

Too much sense in this post for RM

2 hours ago, MFJ14 said:

Absolute nonsense. He may not be good enough for Rangers anymore, but to suggest he wouldn’t have played regularly in the SPL over the years is baffling. 

Your comment about him being the worst captain in our history is pretty embarrassing to be honest. His time may be up, but he’s been an excellent servant to the club and at least didn’t fuck off at the first opportunity when others did. 

Read it back genius , i said he's never a captain not the worst in our history.