Jump to content
billythebear1986

Declan John or Lee wallace?

Recommended Posts

Full backs the world over are shite defensively - football systems have moved on.  Full backs are now offensive positions, hence the use of either one or two defensive midfielders.

For me the choice between John and Wallace is who is better going forward and that is John.  However Wallace and John could be a great partnership down the left with John ahead of Wallace. Only time will tell though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both about the same but John has age on his side to get better.

Don't ageee with the idea of playing both of them at the same time.

Hopefully our new scouting team can find someone better than both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

John. Lots of potential there and could be developed into a really good player. 

Wallace has been on the decline but a great servant. Can see him maybe going back through east and playing for a few years. Would be a stalwart in a team below us. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TopCat said:

This,

 

Hate to slate our players but Wallace is the worst captain in our entire history. I would sell him asap and use the money to buy a better replacement.

 

Failing that I would play John in LM ahead of Wallace.Who knows, could make a decent partnership - but at the end of the day I feel Wallace just ain't good enough to wear a Rangers jersey.

He spent the years he should have been developing in the lower leagues and sacrificed the potential of an international career because he refused to turn his back on us when so many others did.

Yes, as a player he has been found wanting but he is certainly not ‘the worst captain in our entire history.’

People have short memories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cp9 said:

He spent the years he should have been developing in the lower leagues and sacrificed the potential of an international career because he refused to turn his back on us when so many others did.

Yes, as a player he has been found wanting but he is certainly not ‘the worst captain in our entire history.’

People have short memories. 

Wallace would never have made it any higher than the lower leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Wallace would never have made it any higher than the lower leagues. 

Jesus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Wallace would never have made it any higher than the lower leagues. 

Absolute nonsense. He may not be good enough for Rangers anymore, but to suggest he wouldn’t have played regularly in the SPL over the years is baffling. 

Your comment about him being the worst captain in our history is pretty embarrassing to be honest. His time may be up, but he’s been an excellent servant to the club and at least didn’t fuck off at the first opportunity when others did. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wallace at least proved that he is commited to Rangers, and was loyal and honest during the period of our worst troubles, and took the huge responsibility of being captain at that time. He will forever have my respect for that alone.

I also believe he still has the potential to regain his earlier ability and confidence, and can play a major role in the team.

Find it sad some posters just dissing him cause he had a drop of form and an injury. Remember he was on the fringes of the national tem and was possibly one of the better performers against England.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the telling factor is that we haven't missed Wallace in the slightest since he's been injured. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John all day long, wallace can't defend, slows play down and as for a captain he isn't even close to being a leader.

Not saying john is perfect but he is direct and doesn't get caught out of position constantly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A fit Lee Wallace for me would be the first name on the team sheet. I think Declan John is good enough for a long term run to allow Wallace to get back to fitness as I think he has been rushed back previously as we had no real cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John by quite a distance now. I think Wallace has limited time as a left back. Would like to see him as a unorthodox centre back with 3 at the back like how Azpilicueta is used by Chelsea now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Wallace at least proved that he is commited to Rangers, and was loyal and honest during the period of our worst troubles, and took the huge responsibility of being captain at that time. He will forever have my respect for that alone.

I also believe he still has the potential to regain his earlier ability and confidence, and can play a major role in the team.

Find it sad some posters just dissing him cause he had a drop of form and an injury. Remember he was on the fringes of the national tem and was possibly one of the better performers against England.

Too much sense in this post for RM

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Siwel said:

I meant sign him on a pre contract

Is he out of contract at Cardiff at the end of the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

Is he out of contract at Cardiff at the end of the season?

Yes mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Siwel said:

Yes mate

Good chance they want rid of him then. Deffo offer him a contract then. He's certainly playing like he wants to stay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Wallace would never have made it any higher than the lower leagues. 

Wallace has an SPL winners medal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Wallace has an SPL winners medal. 

Does he? When was this? :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Makes you wonder at times if folk really watch the games , Wallace is and has always been a shocking defender, never a captain either.

He's a Rangers legend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MFJ14 said:

Absolute nonsense. He may not be good enough for Rangers anymore, but to suggest he wouldn’t have played regularly in the SPL over the years is baffling. 

Your comment about him being the worst captain in our history is pretty embarrassing to be honest. His time may be up, but he’s been an excellent servant to the club and at least didn’t fuck off at the first opportunity when others did. 

Read it back genius , i said he's never a captain not the worst in our history.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

John is a terrible defender, no wonder 4 managers never played him at Cardiff ,third rate player hope we don't sign him in january

wallace isn't a great defender either but well ahead of john

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×