Morelos' overall play

Gaz52

I think it's great, he's more than just a goalscorer, just his presence gives defenders the fear and creates space for others to exploit. 

He holds the ball up well, has a nice first touch, can pick a pass and can create something out of nothing, he's quite pacey as well.

Aye, he's hit a bit of a goal drought just now but he'll start rattling them in again, every good forward goes through barren spells in front of goal, it's nothing to get overly concerned about

He's 21 but plays like a 29 year old seasoned pro. I'm absolutely delighted with him so far, does a lot for the team - fair do's to JJ for recommending him, we've unearthed an absolute gem

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hyping it just a little Gaz but basically i agree. We havent had a striker to play off in a long time but each week the wee man's all round game is getting better and better. As i've stated several times in the last 2-3 weeks if we can get a couple of decent 'number 10's' to play off him, link up with him and distract opposing defenders then he will really really flourish  

14 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

I think it's great, he's more than just a goalscorer, just his presence gives defenders the fear and creates space for others to exploit. 

He holds the ball up well, has a nice first touch, can pick a pass and can create something out of nothing, he's quite pacey as well.

Aye, he's hit a bit of a goal drought just now but he'll start rattling them in again, every good forward goes through barren spells in front of goal, it's nothing to get overly concerned about

He's 21 but plays like a 29 year old seasoned pro. I'm absolutely delighted with him so far, does a lot for the team - fair do's to JJ for recommending him, we've unearthed an absolute gem

Couldn’t agree more. With the right strike partner, or at least one who doesn’t decide to play defensive midfield for that’d the game, he’d do wonders.

I’d really like to see him and Hardie together. 

1 hour ago, Gaz52 said:

You can see him getting uptight during games when the ball isn't breaking for him infront of goal, I hope the Millers of this world is keeping him going and building him up knowing when his next goal goes in the gates will reopen for him.

his work for the team is superb and what a major difference having a hard working strong colt who doesn't allow opponents time to look like superstars on the ball like we did last year.

17 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Needs to start scoring.

It's not like a tap mate, if he wasn't performing as well on other parts of his work I would be consernd but he is doing super and others are scoring through his hard work, his goals will start flowing soon enough.

Morelos is working well but times when he can pick a pass out to set up a player he doesn't And  trys shooting from everywhere where he could easily set up a few more but he is a striker and suppose if u don't shoot u won't score 

The lad looks a bit desperate for a goal. Seems a bit disappointed when he comes off without having scored.

He shouldn't be too worried though, because I agree that his general industriousness is helping create alot of openings. 

He's playing well and like Holt he has a great attitude.

Simply outstanding.

We haven't had such a complete front man for a long long time. Gutted he hasn't had a goal recently but at the same time it has helped show how professional he is. He continually contributes so much to the team even when the goals have dried up - many strikers would get their heads down.

Hope he keeps it up - Could be worth a small fortune