Morelos' overall play

Gaz52

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, theweebluenose said:

Still joint top scorer in the League with Moult with roughly the same minutes played and an additional assist.

But aye he's shite according to some of the drama Queens.

theres not one person on the topic suggested he is shite. Most are saying he could do with help up front

Just now, cushynumber said:

theres not one person on the topic suggested he is shite. Most are saying he could do with help up front

Maybe not in this thread but have seen others post elsewhere that he's painfully average or shite and we should have signed Moult instead.

Definitely got potential but needs to gat more disciplined and stop the elbows and kicking out. Goes down far too easily too which means referees overlook definite fouls for fear of being conned and makes him more frustrated and angry.

He's young though and once he learns to take that extra half second to pick his spot and gets a bit more support, the goals should come in this league anyway. I'm still not convinced he's earned all of the praise he's getting.

Morelos is a good player but he needs someone up there helping him.  Moult would be my ideal choice since his style of battling and disrupting defences makes him a real handful in his own right.  I honestly think they could be the 40 or 50 goal a season strike partnership we've been crying out for.  

2 hours ago, theweebluenose said:

Maybe not in this thread but have seen others post elsewhere that he's painfully average or shite and we should have signed Moult instead.

I think we should have signed Moult in addition to Morelos - not in place of. For me Moult/Morelos up front would be a formidable front line.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I think we should have signed Moult in addition to Morelos - not in place of. For me Moult/Morelos up front would be a formidable front line.

If we get DMc in then I think Moult will be top of his transfer list. I'd love to see that partnership up top. 

16 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Fans are turning him into the modern day Sebo. He's a striker paid to score goals. He hasn't scored in 8 weeks now. 

Are you ever happy? Jesus Christ. 

The boy is now the only thing that occupies opposing centre halfs. He's well scouted and marked up now. It's taking time to adjust and we haven't come up with tactics to get him decent chances but the wee man is linking up play and making chances for others. 

9 minutes ago, RupertDeBoer said:

Are you ever happy? Jesus Christ. 

The boy is now the only thing that occupies opposing centre halfs. He's well scouted and marked up now. It's taking time to adjust and we haven't come up with tactics to get him decent chances but the wee man is linking up play and making chances for others. 

Of course i am. Our display and respect for fallen at weekend was amazing. I was raving about Barjonas a while back. I think our keeper is terrific. I think McCrorie is wonderful and could go on to be a great Ranger. I have been singing Ryan Jacks praises since he signed. I praised Holt the other day for his first half display. I am positive more often than not but as usual, folk pick out what they want to moan about. 

There's bits and bobs to be happy about but it tends to always be the criticisms and negativity that people remember.  

26 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Would be good to see, they would definitely score a good amount against them and would cause problems for the defences in this league. Moult signing for us would be akin  to when Boyd signed from Killie or McDonald went to the Tarriers from Motherwell. 

I think his lack of goals is more a reflection of our relative weakness in the middle of the park recently. He's having to try and create rather than just finish.

The fact that Tenerife Bear doesn't rate him just confirms how good he is. That guy is pretty much a wrong'un on every topic.

4 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Totally agree with the first bit mate. I've read so many folk say he is our main man and we can rely on him to fire us to a title challenge etc etc. Utter nonsense. He is a 3rd choice striker. He shold be 3rd in line behind 2 experienced proper Rangers strikers, which we don't have. I don't see much quality in his play, i see loads of endeavour and load of guts but little quality. If any other Rangers striker had n scored in 4, 5, 6 games they would be getting slaughtered, this kid hasn't scored in 8 weeks and we have people still saying he is top drawer and this and that because he puts himself about. It's embarrassing. Rangers strikers are paid to score goals and fire us to titles and trophies, he isn't. Yet.  

How about looking at the whole picture before writing him off, yes he's not scored in a few weeks. 

But he's scored 8 goals in 14 games. That's better than a goal every other game and than any other striker in the league. 

20 hours ago, Smile said:

He's needing to score more we have enough players who can run about, he's potential and looks a player but we should have better upfront.

I'm actually glad he's not scoring much. It would bring interest in him which I want to avoid as I think this boy can develops into something special. His football brain is excellent and so is his passing. He's the best forward we've had since we got into the shite. Hands down. No one else comes near him. Just a pity we don't have a Boyd (first time) type of player who can play alongside him, but as long as the midfield continue to fire the goals in then we have no problem. I just hope that he can see that he brings so much more than goals to the team and doesn't let his head drop. 

4 hours ago, theweebluenose said:

About Morelos? Seriously? 

:lol::lol: Nutjobs on here. 

5 hours ago, Tenerife Bear said:

Totally agree with the first bit mate. I've read so many folk say he is our main man and we can rely on him to fire us to a title challenge etc etc. Utter nonsense. He is a 3rd choice striker. He shold be 3rd in line behind 2 experienced proper Rangers strikers, which we don't have. I don't see much quality in his play, i see loads of endeavour and load of guts but little quality. If any other Rangers striker had n scored in 4, 5, 6 games they would be getting slaughtered, this kid hasn't scored in 8 weeks and we have people still saying he is top drawer and this and that because he puts himself about. It's embarrassing. Rangers strikers are paid to score goals and fire us to titles and trophies, he isn't. Yet.  

Such bullshit is painful to read.

Yes the 21 year old, non English speaking, Columbian forward we signed in the summer for £1m has “only” scored 8 goals and assisted 2 in last 14 games. Shite eh? 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

I'm actually glad he's not scoring much. It would bring interest in him which I want to avoid as I think this boy can develops into something special. His football brain is excellent and so is his passing. He's the best forward we've had since we got into the shite. Hands down. No one else comes near him. Just a pity we don't have a Boyd (first time) type of player who can play alongside him, but as long as the midfield continue to fire the goals in then we have no problem. I just hope that he can see that he brings so much more than goals to the team and doesn't let his head drop. 

:huh:

1 hour ago, PRW. said:

Such bullshit is painful to read.

Yes the 21 year old, non English speaking, Columbian forward we signed in the summer for £1m has “only” scored 8 goals and assisted 2 in last 14 games. Shite eh? 

Yes, no goals in 8 weeks is an awful return for a Rangers striker. 

1 hour ago, Leeds_Bear said:

How about looking at the whole picture before writing him off, yes he's not scored in a few weeks. 

But he's scored 8 goals in 14 games. That's better than a goal every other game and than any other striker in the league. 

It's not a few weeks, it's 8. 2 months.....

58 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You are ever so strange.

Would you prefer that he scored a goal every other game then lose him in a few months for a few million to some bottom half EPL team?

I'm quite happy with his overall play just now. He's pulling defenders out of position allowing others to score.