Morelos' overall play

Gaz52

4 hours ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Great asset to the team.His determination,attitude and all round ability is a joy to watch.How he manages to control some of the passes he gets and hold play up allowing teammates to get up in support is testament to his skill and technique.When you consider some of the dross we have watched over the last few years who couldn’t control a simple pass he is like a breath of fresh air.We really do need someone up beside him to benefit and play off one another.Doesnt help when the player who should have been doing this on Saturday was at one point further back than Wes!!!

Great post, particularly on your last point as well. Would you give Herrera a chance to prove himself, and drop Miller possibly?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, gj923 said:

How much did we sell Waghorn and Garner for? How much have other strikers went for in the SPL?

Waghorn is shite and 27 with no more room for developement, Garner is shite and 29 with no room for development, we wanted rid of both anyway possible so they went for probably less than £500k.

If Morelos was scoring 30+ goals at 21-22 years old he’d go for more than £2m.

8 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

Great post, particularly on your last point as well. Would you give Herrera a chance to prove himself, and drop Miller possibly?

Yes mate I would.Its all about building relationships and getting to know each others strengths.That doesn’t happen over the course of a couple of games here and there.Actually would have liked to have seen him,tin hat on here,paired more with Pena.In midfield  Pena offers diddlysquat but further forward there is no denying he is very adept at finding space,getting into the right positions in front of goal and can finish with both his head and feet.

15 minutes ago, OnwardsandUpwards said:

Yes mate I would.Its all about building relationships and getting to know each others strengths.That doesn’t happen over the course of a couple of games here and there.Actually would have liked to have seen him,tin hat on here,paired more with Pena.In midfield  Pena offers diddlysquat but further forward there is no denying he is very adept at finding space,getting into the right positions in front of goal and can finish with both his head and feet.

Was speaking to my friend about this. I have not hidden the fact I rate Penà for his goalscoring and willing to trade that for the shit passing, technique,  communication.

Push him upfront, let him use that movement and and finishing. Looks deadly in the box and already scored some really good goals.

Some Latin american flair up top! 

Looks far removed from the picture under Murty.

Buffallo and Gullit up front.

He’ll make us a lot of money even if he proves to not be as prolific as we might have thought he was going to be.

When you offer as much as he does in terms of overall play and tenacity you can get away with being a 1 in 3 type striker and a team in England or Europe will still sign you.

Just now, Madina said:

His overall play is decent, but as a striker his "job" is to score goals, which he hasn't done in 7/8 games now. I'd drop him if it continues and give Hardie a start

We'd lose so much if he was out the team, I quite like Hardie but he is nowhere near good enough to replace Morelos.

He's Potential and could go on to be a good striker, luckily benefits from being foreign if he has been Scottish/English and not scored for eight games he would have been slaughtered and there would be daily threads on how was he still getting a Game.

For me a Rangers CF needs to score goals. 

I like Morelos work rate and link up play, also has a good few assists. He’s only 21 so has great potential, but he needs to start scoring or he needs a game or two on the bench. 

I want a Rangers striker to get 20 a season, time will tell if it’s his scoring spell or his dry spell that’s the norm for him.