Morelos' overall play

Gaz52

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still like the boy and think he'll come good. Poor attitude when he was hooked though and needs to rediscover his composure and confidence in front of goal. By no means certain on him, just have a feeling he'll prove to be a decent signing

Btw I meant to say, the story about him and Pena is apparently true.  My cousin was down in Stranraer working in Ryan hardies grandas house who told him the story.  I don't particularly have a problem with guys doing stuff on their days off if I'm being honest,  but you would think Pena would be concentrating on his fitness not going out on the swally. 

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

I still like the boy and think he'll come good. Poor attitude when he was hooked though and needs to rediscover his composure and confidence in front of goal. By no means certain on him, just have a feeling he'll prove to be a decent signing

Agree with most of that, but he’ll need to start scoring again soon, otherwise his early goals will look like beginner’s luck.

Or he’s so easy to play against that everyone can read him & has him sussed now.

I think he missed 3 on the goal line today - he’s got to start turning those in.

We have far far deeper concerns right now and a much bigger picture to look at but thought i'd take a minor break from those threads and give my tuppence worth to this thread.

Whilst I appreciate he failed to score again, and looked a little hesitant in front of goal, it really is frightening how bad we looked when he went off. We looked devoid of any ideas and offered nothing up top. As a striker he HAS to score goals and regularly, but he does bring so much more to the party than many strikers. Even if he's not necessarily playing well he gives us a presence, energy, physicality, an out ball, just a fucking option and a threat. 

Hopefully his injury is not too bad. Things on and off the right now are looking pretty bleak. If we lose Morelos though it could get a whole lot worse IMO. He's by no means a world beater, far from out but the thought of Miller, Herrera and Hardie being our potential options gives me the boak to be honest...............