Desmond v Daly

Jonok

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Saw this....ragin! :lol:

"Analysing the British tax avoiders by interviewing an Irishman who will pay taxes in Ireland, which is not Britain. But dont dare say a word about Brenda. Oh and those Mrs Browns Boys actors ( also Irish). 

This f@cking country !!!!!!   
That report is the very epitome of fake news.

" No suggestion that Mr Desmond or his company broke the law " 

Don't recall anyone doorstepping Murray for his ILLEGAL tax avoidance.  
Has he ever suffered any opprobrium for his years of evasion ? 
Has he been called to account on ANY news programme, or in any print media ? 
Has he feck. 

Any mention of the offshore report in the media ? Not to my knowledge.
The corruption associated with Rangers* ( deid ) and the SFA has gone on under the noses of every journalist in Scotland.
It has been spelled out for them by RTC and every Bampot Internet site. All they had to do was lift it, in its entirety, and get it to the presses. 
They can manage to do it for Jabba's pish, but not for the most corrupt footballer club owner
in this country, nor for the most corrupt governing body. 
And that's before we even get to the career criminal Dave King. FFS ! 

The hypocrisy is breathtaking.How many EBT recipients have the BBC got on their books?
I hope DD has a strongly worded legal letter winging its way to BBC Scotland. 
What relevance have the tax arrangements of 4 Irish citizens ( DD and the 3 actors from Mrs Brown's boys ) have to the economy of Scotland ? 

Sorry for the rant, but I'm furious...... did you get that ?   

Edit: I see Dermot has sent a strongly worded letter. That's them telt

:lol:

IMG_2433.thumb.JPG.2abda118f8bc10f53a0fa839e8048e2f.JPG

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Its a strange one though this tax avoidance - I can think of very few other areas where there is such widespread moral revulsion -yet it is deemed legal. Morals be damned if you're rich?

Tbh IF I was very rich and someone was saying to me Hey I know of tax loopholes,I would probably use them.

1 minute ago, bluedylan said:

Tbh IF I was very rich and someone was saying to me Hey I know of tax loopholes,I would probably use them.

yes I would to. be daft not to. 

But is grates when the SNP want to raise my tax threshold, when you see some of the sums flying about here. Something not right with it.

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

yes I would to. be daft not to. 

But is grates when the SNP want to raise my tax threshold, when you see some of the sums flying about here. Something not right with it.

When I had a retail business and then a bar for a short period of time I was looking for my accountant to lower my tax payments by any legal means

2 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Me too, but I wouldn’t then seek to stand as judge and jury over others who use legal loopholes. I mean that would just make me a sanctimonious hypocrite wouldn’t it :p:

34 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

#areyouarangerssupporter

The comments sections in the newspapers online are a delight today:rofl:

I had a quick look at one. All the taigs jumping up and down to say this is trying to smear the team and deflect away from the "zombies" (how original) own problems..

Everyone of them about Rangers.

Not one of them is taking a step back and saying "this is what Desmond done, and here is how it doesnt affect the club".

(Im not sure what argument they would present, point is they are unable to put together a logical argument. It is all deny and deflect).

18 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I had a quick look at one. All the taigs jumping up and down to say this is trying to smear the team and deflect away from the "zombies" (how original) own problems..

Everyone of them about Rangers.

Not one of them is taking a step back and saying "this is what Desmond done, and here is how it doesnt affect the club".

(Im not sure what argument they would present, point is they are unable to put together a logical argument. It is all deny and deflect).

probably the most blinkered one  from a cellic fan  saw was "rich men involved in avoiding tax shocker. Move on."

I thought, fuckin hell mate, how much tunnel vision to do you have to have to post that?

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

probably the most blinkered one  from a cellic fan  saw was "rich men involved in avoiding tax shocker. Move on."

I thought, fuckin hell mate, how much tunnel vision to do you have to have to post that?

That's hardly surprising though is it?

I seen one who defended it by saying the dirty one pays tax in ireland.

Mike Bhoyle • 5 hours ago

I sincerely hope that DD takes this further...and hammers them.
For far too long the STATE FUNDED BBC in Scotland has pursued a biased agenda against celtic...and an unhealthy..( and that's me being polite) supportive obsession with a Club from Govan.
Go get 'em Dermot
PS: In answer to DD's question to Daly....
He probably is...It seems to be a job requirement at the BBC.

:confused:

5 hours ago, bluedylan said:

Quite right tax is no more than legal robbery. If you earn it you should keep it that’s my motto, Although I do understand that money has to be raised to pay for stuff but if you can legally avoid it then anyone would be a fool not to.