Desmond v Daly

Jonok

1 hour ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Quite right tax is no more than legal robbery. If you earn it you should keep it that’s my motto, Although I do understand that money has to be raised to pay for stuff but if you can legally avoid it then anyone would be a fool not to.

It's not just anyone though is it, it's the rich, super-rich and corporations that can afford it.  No accountant's going be to helping your average Joe dodge PAYE and council tax.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, Trooblue said:

Coming next: Daly wins award for investigation which results in Scottish football authorities taking action against celtic FC, punting them down the divisions and opening up debates about title-stripping? Eh, I don't think so. 

It would be nice though.

6 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Our day will come. We''ll have to do all the hard work ourselves though. There will be no support from the likes of Daly or the Scottish 'journalists'. 

Ain't that the fucking truth.

Sad that Scotland has deteriorated so far in my lifetime.

9 minutes ago, miracle said:

It's not just anyone though is it, it's the rich, super-rich and corporations that can afford it.  No accountant's going be to helping your average Joe dodge PAYE and council tax.

Exactly, it takes a certain amount of money till you can afford that advice as well as it being a benefit. Tax laws are an absolute mess in the UK never mind the global system. Tax really shouldn't be difficult and should be transparent as possible but it's not. 

Just now, JWAC said:

I keep thinking he'll be saving a story for us.. He mentioned something about an "iconic glasgow building" last night, find out soon I suppose

yes, starting to think he maybe just laid some groundwork with DD. Then completely rebuts the "are you a Rangers supporter" remark by nailing us to the wall.

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

yes, starting to think he maybe just laid some groundwork with DD. Then completely rebuts the "are you a Rangers supporter" remark by nailing us to the wall.

I'm sure there were spivs involved in us that had business in the IoM, there was an "institutional investor" who had an office there too, can't remember the name.

1 hour ago, miracle said:

Accountants do exactly that mate on a smaller scale, when I was self employed that was what my accountant did, found things I never knew I could claim for and saved me money.

55 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

Ha. The St. Enoch shopping centre.

So that's Desmond Dekker's box been ticked, quickly move on to another target.

That place is like going back to the 80s ffs total dump , They,'re gonna be extending it soonish to incorporate a cinema (the pictures) .So That'll be turned into a town hotspot for ned central 

1 minute ago, Trooblue said:

Daly''s report just screams 'please, please, please give me another BAFTA'. Maybe if they give him one for this he might hand back the bogus one he got for his piece of nonsense about Rangers. 

to be honest researching something that is perfectly legal but morally ambiguous isnt going to garner much attention - hence the reason he turned his attention to chasing Desmond down the street. Daly knows what sells in Glasgow - the old firm - not some dummy corporation in Bermuda

it was shite even when first built.

At least they kept their standards the same n never went downhill 

The only "mall" that never had a KFC or McDonald's in it when built .Although they had an Aulds bakery .Oh aye aye that'll attract people to it to buy food then a bit of shopping 

to be honest researching something that is perfectly legal but morally ambiguous isnt going to garner much attention - hence the reason he turned his attention to chasing Desmond down the street. Daly knows what sells in Glasgow - the old firm - not some dummy corporation in Bermuda

Yes, absolutely. It's interesting that he is back plying his dubious trade up here, having been given a chance down south with the big boys and girls for a while. Clearly not up to it in the big league. As you say, he knows what sells up here and will peddle that for all he's worth. 

27 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

Accountants do exactly that mate on a smaller scale, when I was self employed that was what my accountant did, found things I never knew I could claim for and saved me money.

I know that. I work as an accountant and was formerly self employed.  The point is your average guy on PAYE can't decrease his tax burden without going self employed and sacrificing his employment rights but Lewis Hamilton can dodge paying VAT on his private jet, we foot the shortfall and he still never needs to work again.

7 minutes ago, scottyscott1963 said:

That smug clown Daly better batten down the hatches/move house/hire a team of security/admit he's a Rangers supporter.
As soon as the gypsies,tramps and thieves get a sniff of where this worm inhabits his life will be a misery.:mutley::UK:

you should see his twitter timeline. Fuckin hell, theres not a bear on it hardly.