Things you miss from the lower leagues

MisterC

Being able to get a pint in the Louden without being elbowed in the face every 5 seconds. That's really about it. 

There were some individual times I won't forget. The first league game of Division 3 against East Stirling and Queens Park at New Year for example. But overall it was a hard slog and it felt like a chore going to the games at times. 

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Absolutely fuck all. Watching some of our game getting out played by part timers was very worrying. I am just so fucking glad we met the scum once when we were at our lowest. 

Sandaza, Black, Kyle, Law...the list goes on of under par players getting a very generous wage because Ally couldn’t be fucked trying to spot a decent player. Horrific times.

Nothing, hated every minute of it, genuinely, felt like a chore every single week and was embarrassing, not being good enough to get out the Championship was the absolute low point in supporting Rangers, to come 3rd in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football was the boot in the balls to end all boot in the balls.

Not much to be honest. Some of the trips were superb but all in all it was shite. 

Personal low point was a numbers of Bears cheering me on as I spewed my guts up between 2 portaloos at Elgins ground ? 

Got a knock back at the ground at the Monday night in Arbroath as well but managed to blag my way in. 

Miss Mike Ashley.

I often sit awake at night wondering what our saviour is doing now and whether he misses us a much as we do him.:thinking:

Shed a tear every time I walk past a Sports Direct shop and sometimes I can't help but scream MIKEY PLEASE COME HOME!!!!  But alas, it's always in vain.

I'd welcome demotion to the lower divisions  all over again if it gave us one more day with my mate Mikey. 

He will be back some day. Once a Ranger always a Ranger.

1 hour ago, jackunion said:

Scrapping with the disgruntled locals on Cowdenbeath main st on a wet Thursday night cause they disapproved of our Union Jack.

Fucked up bunch, their wee shite drag car racetrack stadium usually has union flags flying from the flag poles. Must have been some local taigs or something.

Giving my mate my tickets to the Elgin away game, since I couldn't make it, and he'd be 'in the neighbourhood' at the time.

The game got postponed because Elgin had printed, and sold,too many tickets for the game. My mate has never let me forget about it. He keeps telling folk "I knew there was something dodgy about those tickets, when he's not wanting any money for them". He never knew about it until the day he traveled to Elgin, as he had been at a function the previous day. He still thinks it's a conspiracy against him seeing Rangers away from home. The previous occasion he got hands on tickets was to Ross County away, and his car broke down on route. Another time, they changed the day of the game for TV, and he was working that day. ??

I actually enjoyed going to all the places I had never been to before and probably will never be back at, yes the fitba wasn't very good but going to places like Stranraer on a freezing Tuesday night or Steeny for a midweek game where you couldn't see up the other end of the park because the floodlights were so dim, what about games at East Fife standing on scaffolding or Brechin in the pouring rain down 3-1 and coming back to win 4-3 with a last minute winner from Nicky Clark. 

Missed very few games going up the divisions it was an adventure and for some of us older Bears it was a throw-back to the 70s and early 80s when all grounds were terracings. I also remember a game at the turn of the years at Berwick we won 3-1 the snow came on just after halftime me and my mate were actually huddled up against an ambulance trying to get a heat off the engine which was running................for those who followed it was an experience.

One last thing I miss from then........................Forfar bridies now they were good.

The return of the Billy boys after Airds goal against qp at Hampden. 

Our first game in the league cup getting delayed to let 45000 bears in after only finding out we had a license to play a couple of days earlier. Watching the shadows of people piling up the club deck stairs through the glass was the moment I realised that as hard as they tried to destroy us that was never going to happen. Genuine tears in my eyes that day and would put it up there as one of my proudest moments as a Rangers fan.

Edit- not exactly things I miss but my highlights. Kind of misread the question.