MisterC

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Prso's headband said:

Having a 24 case ready for Stenhousemuir away for it to be called off cause a burger van flew onto the pitch :lol:

I was already there :lol: in a wee hotel round fae the ground and a bus load arrived and turned straight back around saying it was off

When first team training reached the dizzy heights of trying to hit McCoist on the arse with the ball and only those who won the table tennis tournament would get picked for the weekend.

Holiday Daz and the Nandos excursions week in week out.

The pre season trip to Sheffield Wednesday.

Or perhaps losing to Queen of the South in the Ramsdens 4-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in September 2012.

Or getting pumped 3-0 off ICT at home a month later in the League Cup

Jesus, I could greet. :depressed:

17 minutes ago, Falcoholic said:

When first team training reached the dizzy heights of trying to hit McCoist on the arse with the ball and only those who won the table tennis tournament would get picked for the weekend.

Holiday Daz and the Nandos excursions week in week out.

The pre season trip to Sheffield Wednesday.

Or perhaps losing to Queen of the South in the Ramsdens 4-3 on penalties after a 2-2 draw in September 2012.

Or getting pumped 3-0 off ICT at home a month later in the League Cup

Jesus, I could greet. :depressed:

The other day I noticed Daz is now with Londonderry City

1 hour ago, Gustav said:

I was already there :lol: in a wee hotel round fae the ground and a bus load arrived and turned straight back around saying it was off

That’s when it really hit me as to how much of a joke Scottish football was, that and obviously the Brechin hedge :lol:

12 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Imagine taking 4 years to win the Ramsden's cup. 

How is that even possible.

Super was in charge anything was possibe. It was called the Petrofac I think by the time we won it.

I mind at the start of that season my priority for us was getting promoted and winning that cup. I was in a sweat over the humiliation if we had failed to win it after 4 attempts and countless millions:lol:

Giving Queens Park their average home league gate for a total of 24 years - in two away games at Hampden

Freezing my clackerbag off at Cowdenbeath midweek after stepping into a big puddle on the path round the ground and then getting served cold Bovril!

Standing at the hedge side at Brechin in full oilskins and not seeing a thing as they had put a garden shed at the half way line

For the first time ever in my life - leaving a game early when we went 4-0 down at easter Rd after 72 minutes

Having to watch that wee cunt Ian Black week in, week out - horrible wee man

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

Super was in charge anything was possibe. It was called the Petrofac I think by the time we won it.

I mind at the start of that season my priority for us was getting promoted and winning that cup. I was in a sweat over the humiliation if we had failed to win it after 4 attempts and countless millions:lol:

1 minute ago, theweebluenose said:

image.thumb.png.c122b1ca1b2c225061960d7d39eb2e2c.png

He was really, really, really bad.

12 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Giving Queens Park their average home league gate for a total of 24 years - in two away games at Hampden

Freezing my clackerbag off at Cowdenbeath midweek after stepping into a big puddle on the path round the ground and then getting served cold Bovril!

Standing at the hedge side at Brechin in full oilskins and not seeing a thing as they had put a garden shed at the half way line

For the first time ever in my life - leaving a game early when we went 4-0 down at easter Rd after 72 minutes

Having to watch that wee cunt Ian Black week in, week out - horrible wee man

The view at Brechin was ridiculous if you were at the hedge close to the middle, lasted about 30 minutes before thinking fuck this and leaving :lol:

The psychedelic QOTS fan in the middle of this picture. Regardless of the weather this guy turned up in shorts and a whacky t-shirt and gave it laldy for the full 90 and enjoyed the renditions of you fat bastard   :lol:

All these memories come flooding back at the same time now

5D3CA836-10F8-4C97-9697-B09426527FE3.jpeg

13 hours ago, Amac9 said:

This. Watching shite week in week out, getting beat by teams like Annan fucking Athletic at home, witnessing some of the worst players to pull on our jersey, McCoist...

I was on a work training course in Carlisle, jumped in a cab with my Rangers top on for the cabbie to tell me how he'd beat us the weekend before for Annan. Embarrassing haha 

17 hours ago, MisterC said:

As it's international week and there's not much happening in and around the club worth discussing, I thought I'd chat going reminiscing about the glory days of rising back up through the leagues. 

Let's face it, the football was shite and those allegedly running the club were not exactly doing a good job. In amongst this though were some trips to the far flung corners of Scotland and whole host of other adventures. 

So, what do we miss the most about those days? For me it was being able to smoke in some grounds, the more open ones with no cover. Plus some games were on BBC alba and garlic commentary is great, especially with the Rugby but that's another story.... 

Jesus 

Absolutely fuck all