Loyaleastend

What the hell is going on?

3 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

1- and has Preude'homme signed loads of players in Belgium for much more than 500k himself? even if he has and back to McInnes - it's about progression and a step up for him to move onto the bigger club. You can't expect him to stay at Aberdeen forever then use that as a stick to beat him with too saying things like he's never signed a player for more than 550k.

2- That's up for debate. In the early 90's before celtic had Burns and started running us close they had a handy team with the likes of Snelders, McKimmie, Miller, McLeish, Irvine, Mixu, Richardson, Jess, Booth, Hillhaus, Bett etc. A better team than they've got just now yet they couldn't put a glove on us under Walter Smith with Smith having a similar win ratio during that time as McInnes' has just now.

3- It's Aberdeen. They are not expected to compete with the Old Firm and dish out pumping's - get real.

4- Benal interviews, give me that pragmatic approach than a muppet like McCoist, Warburton or Pedro talking constant pish embarrassing us every week.

5- He didn't do well at one team, so what? you mentioned Pardew and McClaren instead of McInnes' - want me to list the teams they've failed at? even Rogers failed at Reading. McInnes' was a lot younger when managing Bristol City too.

6- See point 3. It's Aberdeen. 

7- Jack's never a captain. He's pish. In fact I'll hop on board with you on this one and give you a McInnes' criticism of my own and that's he's mental making an average player like him and a hot-head the captain of his team.

8- It's actually not a poor record. I'll get the list and put it up - some good results in there for a team like Aberdeen.

9- Yup it's a lot for him and not ideal but he's under contract at a rival club - it is what it is.

10- Exactly. Couldn't agree more. McInnes' is a safe bet, not a gamble.

You'll be the happier of the two of us soon then , and i hope for once you're right 🤣. By the way even a "safe bet: is a gamble , and on the Jack subject you're wrong , regardless of Jacks ability he was club captain for 3 years and McInnes should have shown some loyalty instead of bowing too fan pressure. 

12 minutes ago, ianferguson said:

You'll be the happier of the two of us soon then , and i hope for once you're right 🤣. By the way even a "safe bet: is a gamble , and on the Jack subject you're wrong , regardless of Jacks ability he was club captain for 3 years and McInnes should have shown some loyalty instead of bowing too fan pressure. 

Our captains usually hound the manager out 😂😂

Dont think Jack was stripped was he? He was out injured , signed for us and started on the bench anyway for the final? But the papers made out he was stripped cause he wasn't leading the team out when infact he hadnt been playing for weeks anyway. Could be wrong but that's how I thought it went.

I think the delay is just down to negotiating compo and Murty and his results gives us a strong hand.

Maybe they are waiting to see if Mr Murty can get a tune out of them.

We called Sir Walter back in the past and that was hardly a bad thing, and at least GM is from within, and has experience from before. 

And as completely insane as this is going to sound, we are nearly as close to the fuckers as we were in the lead up to Helicopter Sundae. With a lot more season to go. We are not completely out of it. It seems an impossibility. But so did that day in 2005.

31 minutes ago, ricksen_da_best said:

Our captains usually hound the manager out 😂😂

Dont think Jack was stripped was he? He was out injured , signed for us and started on the bench anyway for the final? But the papers made out he was stripped cause he wasn't leading the team out when infact he hadnt been playing for weeks anyway. Could be wrong but that's how I thought it went.

He started the game .

3 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

Maybe they are waiting to see if Mr Murty can get a tune out of them.

We called Sir Walter back in the past and that was hardly a bad thing, and at least GM is from within, and has experience from before. 

And as completely insane as this is going to sound, we are nearly as close to the fuckers as we were in the lead up to Helicopter Sundae. With a lot more season to go. We are not completely out of it. It seems an impossibility. But so did that day in 2005.

You can stop that building my hopes up pish right now , we've had enough heartache 🤣.

What a fucking ridiculous thread! 

I swear people on here would find a way to moan at the board if they appointed Pep Guardiola. 

Just because "That fucking board.." 

Show me any decent club in the past that has provided regular updates on their search for a new manager?!

6 hours ago, ianferguson said:

I'd go MPH , but if he's out the running as reported then I'd let Bilic rest till January if he's up for it. Too early for GVB and my gut tells me McInnes is too big a gamble so tin hat on I'd rather Pardew or McLaren, despite the baggage, before McInnes . If I was putting a bet on I'd tip McInnes strongly to get the job .

Say what you think, don't hedge your bets,

No need to panic as it's international break so there is no rush plus Murty will handle things until someone is brought in.

I like the fact that business is being done behind closed doors with no leaks.

Peoples impatience is probably down to lack of trust in the board.

16 hours ago, Loyaleastend said:

All we're hearing is guesswork and the opinions of dodgy pundits and speculation from here , there and everywhere, can't the board say something ffs, all this take time pish is possibly a cover for "haven't got a fucking clue"

Easy tiger!!Murty's got the team under control:pipe: 

Look OP, the board are all over it. promise. 

three weeks have passed, writing that list is not an easy task. 

i hate having to write lists, it takes ages. 

make the decision just before the Aberdeen double header. Gives the players a bounce. You cant waste the new manager effect on Hamilton or Dundee.

35 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

make the decision just before the Aberdeen double header. Gives the players a bounce. You cant waste the new manager effect on Hamilton or Dundee.

Yeah I'd love for the decision to impact those two games. Would be a stroke of genius

9 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Yeah I'd love for the decision to impact those two games. Would be a stroke of genius

Genius and this board are incompatibale.

More likely to have a stroke.

11 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Genius and this board are incompatibale.

More likely to have a stroke.

I'm not a fan of them myself mate. Shambles

10 hours ago, ianferguson said:

To be fair, the club had no choice but to take the captaincy away from Jack for the final. 

If they had won the cup the iconic picture would be Jack lifting the cup who by that point would have been a Rangers player :lol:

35 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

I wouldn't actually be too impressed if that was their plan. Seems somewhat underhanded to me. Wouldn't be gutted if it happened, I've got no love for the sheep obviously, but it would just add to my belief that this board are pretty unprofessional. 

10 hours ago, ianferguson said:

You'll be the happier of the two of us soon then, and i hope for once you're right 🤣. By the way even a "safe bet" is a gamble, and on the Jack subject you're wrong, regardless of Jack's ability he was club captain for 3 years and McInnes should have shown some loyalty instead of bowing to fan pressure. 

One of the most tenuous arguments against McInnes I've seen yet.  

18 hours ago, Loyaleastend said:

All we're hearing is guesswork and the opinions of dodgy pundits and speculation from here , there and everywhere, can't the board say something ffs, all this take time pish is possibly a cover for "haven't got a fucking clue"

the board have said they will take as much time as is needed

what do you want them to come out and say? "We're still looking"?

of course there's gonnae be bullshit speculation from the media etc just take it with a pinch of salt and stop panicking ffs

id understand folk being worried if we'd got humped the past 2 games but we're playing well and are in safe hands for now so calm down

I am mainly concerned about how many posters can't tell the difference between a process and an outcome.

Expecting the board to tell us who they are considering as our next manager and who is their absolute super-favouritist manager in the whole world is in the realm of the dreamers and fantasists and would be a complete nonsense.

Expecting them to share with us that they actually have a process and, even in vague terms, what that may consist of and how far they have got with it is not unreasonable at all.

We haven't had competent management in the dugout or the boardroom for nearly seven years now and the inability to communicate effectively with the supporters is not helping to reassure us that this is about to change anytime soon.

21 hours ago, Billy1984 said:

Everything with this board seems to take an age to complete. That being said we can't have a rushed appointment who turns out to be a disaster. Thought we'd have saw some progress by now though and thought we may have had a new manager in to work with the players during the international break. 

I agree, I think one more mistake and we really would be in the doo doo :britney:

5 hours ago, KWBear said:

Look OP, the board are all over it. promise. 

three weeks have passed, writing that list is not an easy task. 

i hate having to write lists, it takes ages. 

two weeks today mate and what sorta man are ye no real man writes lists ffs

16 hours ago, Turnberry18 said:

We took weeks to announce Caixinha; there is absolutely no reason to suggest that taking our time is any ingredient for success. I would much prefer that this board envisioned exactly this scenario occurring months ago, after the Progres result to be exact, and would have had a contingency where candidates were sounded out, even on a remote level, and then when the last manager left would have had someone very much in mind and made that appointment not long after. That we are told the board is in no rush to appoint someone point is, in my opinion, more a sign of a great deal of indecision than anything else.

Not for me.

Intuitively it's clear that taking time to consider something like this makes more sense than rushing it. It'll take more than one shite manager to doubt the broad logic of that.

Also, a Board can't go around sounding out candidates if it's genuinely decided that it's going to give a manager a second chance. It wouldn't stay secret if they did and would pretty much end up contributing to undermining him, which isn't giving him a reasonable second chance at all. After Progres, the Board had to sack him or be firmly behind him. A half way house would have been pointless, and served nothing but to hold a sword of Damocles above a manager you're purporting to show faith in.

4 hours ago, OhW said:

One of the most tenuous arguments against McInnes I've seen yet.  

Totally disagree, Jack had been at the sheep since he was a boy and was captain of all the age groups he'd played in and was club captain for over three years, he obviously earned the captaincy over a long period of time. To take away the honour of leading the team out  when he'd done absolutely nothing wrong was imo showing a lack of loyalty . Mcinnes should have stood by a player who had served him well rather than bow to fans with small club mentality.