Were we right to sell McKay?

BlueSuedeSambas

Just now, Billy1984 said:

I've watched afew of their games and he's started every one mate.

On average he's only not played the last 16 mins of each game.

Which by Warburton standard is brilliant as he's normally made 3 subs by the60th minuteĀ 

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was a big supporter of BM ..... and would have preferred if he had stayed and developed into a more reliable talent .... but he didn't and it's all if's but's and maybe's now .... the bottom line is he is gone now and we need to move on and try and getĀ talented players who want to be at our Club and as was quite obvious in BM's case .... be much more consistent.

Those reasonsĀ to me wereĀ his biggest failings with us ... and it was never more apparent at the end of W&W's tenure where his loyalties lay and they were not at Rangers.

I wish him well as he was a good wee player ... but I don't think we got what we were due for him ....that of course is down to his agent and our well known historic lack of bargaining powers.

His agent is a dick like the majority of them and is talking shite now ..... like the majority of them ..... shockeroonie!!!!

:UK:

45 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

His agent was on a podcast talking about the whole lead up to him leavingĀ and he said Forest were willing to pay a lot more for him than they did because they had banked 15 million from selling a player and Warburton & Weir both knew the player well.

I know he blew hot and cold and his lack of heart infuriated people but IMOĀ his talent was clear to see and I think the fact we sold him and haveĀ had to rely on Josh Windass as his replacement wasĀ shocking management (i know we didnā€™t get Walker but Iā€™m not convinced he would have been an upgrade either).

Weā€™ve seen this thread a hundred times whenĀ players (especially bad ones)Ā leave and do well elsewhere butĀ McKay has 4 goals and 7 assists from 15 games so farĀ for Forrest and I do think we will end up seeing the decision to sell him as cheaply as we did as a massive mistake.

I have no doubt getting rid of him was the right move. Never prepared to put in 100% for us!

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

On average he's only not played the last 16 mins of each game.

Which by Warburton standard is brilliant as he's normally made 3 subs by the60th minuteĀ 

:lol: watched them v hull a couple of weeks back and sure enough the 60th minute double sub happened.Ā 

Just now, Billy1984 said:

Definitely, that and also they lost 2 goals against hull and had to hold on when the game should have been out of sight, so similar to us under him.

His principles are admirable but he really needs to have the players to.do it.

His signings for the premier league were absolutely atrociousĀ 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

His principles are admirable but he really needs to have the players to.do it.

His signings for the premier league were absolutely atrociousĀ 

Agree, the first 6 months under him were really enjoyable. Trouble is teams suss him out and no plan B and players who maybe don't fancy a battle means his teams fall short.

We definitely could've, and should've, got more for him but yes, we were right to get rid. He didn't want to be here and was far from consistent. A player who shows flashes of being talented and nothing more won't help us get to where we want to be.

42 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He's started 13Ā games out if 14.........

He's also been subbed off 9 times :wink:

So your post was incorrect. NaturallyĀ 

Apologies , out of the 18 games he's played he's had four games of 90 minutes , and either been subbed on /off or kept on the bench for the other 14.

Superstar statistics , wee prick was never good enough for us like so many of past and present managers signings.

I think we could have got marginally more but I think when a squad was being transitioned the way ours was, you need guys off the wage bill to get others on it - and you need it done quickly. Much the same if you go to webuyanycarĀ - you know you will get less than selling private - but its quick and hassle-free.

Ā 

Not fussed in the slightest.

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Thatā€™s what I remember too but his agent said that wasnā€™t the case and he made it be knownĀ four times that McKayĀ was happy to stay but thatā€™s probably BS too.Ā You never know for sure with these stories. Everybody has their own version of events and they are usually positivelyĀ skewed to suit the person telling them.

Ā 

An agent saying a player was happy to stay..... what he really means is unless he can get more money elsewhereĀ 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Apologies , out of the 18 games he's played he's had four games of 90 minutes , and either been subbed on /off or kept on the bench for the other 14.

Superstar statistics , wee prick was never good enough for us like so many of past and present managers signings.

He's played 14.

Use their site for your stats. It's easierĀ 

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

You seem to be struggling , read above statistics they are 100% accurate .

Add to the fact the wee prick didn't even want to stay at the club , we are well shot of him.

To be fair, you're the one who originally said he was a 'sub' and not been 'subbed'.Ā 

He's been in the first eleven 14 times, which suggests he's a key player for their team - regardless of whether or not he's included in Warburton's predictable 60th minute substitutions or not.Ā 

We should have sold him, but should have got a hell of a lot more than we did.Ā 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

To be fair, you're the one who originally said he was a 'sub' and not been 'subbed'.Ā 

He's been in the first eleven 14 times, which suggests he's a key player for their team - regardless of whether or not he's included in Warburton's predictable 60th minute substitutions or not.Ā 

We should have sold him, but should have got a hell of a lot more than we did.Ā 

He's had 4 full games since he went to them out of 18. Tells you everything you need to know. Some on here idolise the prick , he's shite and has always been shite apart from the one game in ten he does a shift.

Probably one of the most naturally gifted players I have seen at the club in the last 20 years and one of my favourites to watch even on his off days.

However, I think selling him was the right thing for us and him. I think there was a mental issue there somewhere that was affecting his confidence/performances, which, combined with his contract situation, meant he had to go.

A shame though.