Were we right to sell McKay?

BlueSuedeSambas

Yes

His attitude sucked from the day he set foot in the first team. Always thought he was better than he is and was always going to angle for a wee jaunt down south to improve his profile.

Another player who's barely impressing down there and has probably found his limit.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

He's played 4 full 90 minutes out of 18 games , nothing you say is going to change that. He was consistently rotten with us and will be the same for anyone he pays with.

There are obviously different ways of looking at stats.. you make it look like he is a bit part player for them with the ‘90 mins 4 times out of 18’ chat.. but the truth is he has played a lot of minutes of all those games. 89 mins wouldnt count in your way of reading it while in truth its most of the match. 

1 minute ago, johanhentze said:

There are obviously different ways of looking at stats.. you make it look like he is a bit part player for them with the ‘90 mins 4 times out of 18’ chat.. but the truth is he has played a lot of minutes of all those games. 89 mins wouldnt count in your way of reading it while in truth its most of the match. 

I read this earlier it's better stats.

He has the most assists of any player in the Championship.

He is also Forest’s third top scorer.

This is in a league where some players are going for £10m plus now.

He has played in 14 of their 16 league games. Starting 13 of them.

TBH, I kind of forgot about him. He wasn't a warrior and didn't really have the fight that Pedro wanted.  Once he realised that he got the hump, Pedro fucked him off he and was unlikely to see the first team after that.  We took a fee that was too low (probably) but better than paying his wages for nothing.  

1 minute ago, Marky. said:

Was a terrible decision. The only silver lining from our side is seeing a player from the Rangers youth grow and do well for himself.

He was released by Killie due to hip problems was not our youth product.

Just read the agents comments there, talks a lot of sense. Was absolutely ridiculous banishing barrie to the reserves. We shouldve been talking him up, hummed and hawed about letting him go, and we'd have got a lot more than what we did. 

28 minutes ago, Smile said:

I read this earlier it's better stats.

He has the most assists of any player in the Championship.

He is also Forest’s third top scorer.

This is in a league where some players are going for £10m plus now.

He has played in 14 of their 16 league games. Starting 13 of them.

See... that reads much better than "he has only played 4 (full) matches for them... being a sub for the rest" dont you think?

18 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

The Hibs game, game against the beggars and Motherwell semi this is exactly what happened.

Am I allowed to say cheated, beaten and cheated for the three of those games or is that too Taigy??

The Hibs and Motherwell games... we had players ripping our shirts and kicking lumps out of us, with no repurcussions to them. I dont see that as being lightweight, I see that as being  cheated.

The Taig game... still showed them too much respect. We need someone to manage and lead the team that says get the fuck into them.

1 minute ago, Ryju84 said:

Am I allowed to say cheated, beaten and cheated for the three of those games or is that too Taigy??

The Hibs and Motherwell games... we had players ripping our shirts and kicking lumps out of us, with no repurcussions to them. I dont see that as being lightweight, I see that as being  cheated.

The Taig game... still showed them too much respect. We need someone to manage and lead the team that says get the fuck into them.

You can say what you like mate, there are merits in what you say, but we still should get stuck right into them in the face of such dirty tactics.

Look at Alves with his poofy wee kick out, he being the man we all thought was going to bully people for us.

11 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You can say what you like mate, there are merits in what you say, but we still should get stuck right into them in the face of such dirty tactics.

Look at Alves with his poofy wee kick out, he being the man we all thought was going to bully people for us.

Ok..., yeah agree on Alves. But with the point in bold, when we done this we are red carded, yellow carded and reprimanded.

At the risk of someone sounding like they were bullied and suddenly getting punished for standing up to the bullies, it isnt easy for our first team.

Id love to see our team kick the shit out of others... as they do to us... if we were treated the exact same.

1 minute ago, Ryju84 said:

Ok..., yeah agree on Alves. But with the point in bold, when we done this we are red carded, yellow carded and reprimanded.

At the risk of someone sounding like they were bullied and suddenly getting punished for standing up to the bullies, it isnt easy for our first team.

Id love to see our team kick the shit out of others... as they do to us... if we were treated the exact same.

There's ways to leave your mark on an opponent without lashing out, go in very hard but fair and if it merits a booking then take the booking and watch your step for the rest of the match, that way your opponent knows he is in a match.

Then if our players are consistently treated harsher than the opposition then it's up to the club to highlight such decisions, we may have a problem with the spineless people who run our club doing so though.

2 hours ago, bombaybadboy08 said:

Agent is full of shite.

Forest willing to pay more my hole,  the player was unhappy, inconsistent and had the fans on his back for being a moody, lazy fucker and more importantly- his contract was running down.

That’s all they were willing to pay but where there is a chance to have a dig at our club then cunts like this won’t knock it back.

I really meant to click the like icon. I'm getting old. ??

2 hours ago, cushynumber said:

he was our best player by far - in one or two games a season. He was not even close to being the kind of consistency required and a complete passenger in far, far too many games.

Disagree. His problem was he was surrounded by dross, and we expected him to carry them through every game. Nothing will change my mind on the guy, I honestly think he is going to be a top top player. The problem is that too many of us live in the past when it comes to how the game should be played. BM had some of the best touch and control I have seen in a Rangers player in years, but if he didn't risk injury by diving into stupid,  idiotic challenges then he was labelled a shitbag by a large number of fans. If you watch many of today's top players then you will rarely see them risk injury on stupid pointless tackles. He will not be at Forest next year as a premiership team is going to come in for him. You heard it here first!