Sign in to follow this  
Virtuoso

Advocat has resigned from the national team

6 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Some managers struggle to identify talented players.  Some managers can't put together winning football teams even with talented players at their disposal.  Advocaat can spot talent, and he can put together winning teams, and that's something that would hold true regardless of budget.  Obviously spending money makes things a lot easier but there's no denying Advocaat's ability to build successful football teams.

You might argue Advoccat needs money before he can win but that can be thrown at many successful managers.  Brendan Rodgers never won a thing in his life before coming up here and outspending everyone in the country.  You need a good manager, and money to back him, if you want to build a successful team.  The chances of anyone taking over the job at Rangers and overturning celtic without spending money is slim to none.  

Advocaat pished away 12 million on Flo, he’s the exact type of manager we do not need. Our funds are extremely limited, we do not need someone whom creates that kind of financial waste. We need a manager to suit our current situation, that is one that can work wonders on limited players, working to a tight budget.

5 hours ago, Jack The Flipper said:

Advocaat pished away 12 million on Flo, he’s the exact type of manager we do not need. Our funds are extremely limited, we do not need someone whom creates that kind of financial waste. We need a manager to suit our current situation, that is one that can work wonders on limited players, working to a tight budget.

Flo had a solid goals to games ratio for us plus we sold him for well over £6m+.  You're choosing to highlight one transfer but Dick signed many great players for us.  Many of those signings brought us success on the pitch and a profit off it which is exactly the type of manager we need.  He brought guys like Rod Wallace, Neil McCann, Numan, Klos, Bronkhorst, Mols, Cannigia, DeBoer, etc.

If you look at all the players he brought in, their contributions on the pitch, and transfer fees they brought in, it's hardly "financial waste".  

7 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Flo had a solid goals to games ratio for us plus we sold him for well over £6m+.  You're choosing to highlight one transfer but Dick signed many great players for us.  Many of those signings brought us success on the pitch and a profit off it which is exactly the type of manager we need.  He brought guys like Rod Wallace, Neil McCann, Numan, Klos, Bronkhorst, Mols, Cannigia, DeBoer, etc.

If you look at all the players he brought in, their contributions on the pitch, and transfer fees they brought in, it's hardly "financial waste".  

I always liked flo, however my point stands. He wasted a lot of money, flo being a good example. Not one person will disagree that 12m for flo was rediculous. It wasn’t 6m for flo, it was 12m.

20 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

I always liked flo, however my point stands. He wasted a lot of money, flo being a good example. Not one person will disagree that 12m for flo was rediculous. It wasn’t 6m for flo, it was 12m.

Not all transfers work this is true of any manager.  Walter Smith signed a fair share of dud players, as did Martin O'Neil, and Brendan Rodgers will make similar mistakes.  You need to look at the overall picture on and off the pitch rather than focus on the merits of one particular transfer.  When we signed Flo we were in need of a striker to complete the team and here was a guy scoring hat-tricks against Barcelona in the Champions League.  If you deduct the profit made from his sale then he cost us £5.75m and given his goal return he's not the failure many like to make him out to be.  Dick brought Rod Wallace here for nothing and look at the success he was.  

Dick's a top class manager.  If he did throw his hat in the ring we'd be fools not to bring him here.  The guy's 70 years old now so I doubt he would come back in all honesty.

20 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Not all transfers work this is true of any manager.  Walter Smith signed a fair share of dud players, as did Martin O'Neil, and Brendan Rodgers will make similar mistakes.  You need to look at the overall picture on and off the pitch rather than focus on the merits of one particular transfer.  When we signed Flo we were in need of a striker to complete the team and here was a guy scoring hat-tricks against Barcelona in the Champions League.  If you deduct the profit made from his sale then he cost us £5.75m and given his goal return he's not the failure many like to make him out to be.  Dick brought Rod Wallace here for nothing and look at the success he was.  

Dick's a top class manager.  If he did throw his hat in the ring we'd be fools not to bring him here.  The guy's 70 years old now so I doubt he would come back in all honesty.

If Advocaat was interested in the job I'd take him in a minute. Can't see it though.

Advocaat is 70 now, the guy has done his time in football let him retire.

9 minutes ago, ZZed said:

Advocaat is 70 now, the guy has done his time in football let him retire.

Please don't start using the "let him enjoy his retirement" line with Advocaat too. 

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 18:03, The Godfather said:

Advocaat with no money to spend would end in tears....well any manager coming here with no money will end in tears.

WHERES THE MONEY!??!!!!!!

I don't have any tears left GF

3 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

When we signed Flo we were in need of a striker to complete the team......  If you deduct the profit made from his sale then he cost us £5.75m and given his goal return he's not the failure many like to make him out to be

He was incredibly pish in beggars games .

However he was very consistent in scoring against most of the others .

He will always be used by our enemies as the prime example of our over spending at that time

I just cannot see why we would want Dick back at this time in his life and I doubt his wife would want him to come back either. 

Next. :happy:

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I just cannot see why we would want Dick back at this time in his life and I doubt his wife would want him to come back either. 

Next. :happy:

Yeah time to move forward . Our old legends should stay old legends

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Yeah time to move forward . Our old legends should stay old legends

I think it as simple as that. :thumbup:

31 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

He was incredibly pish in beggars games .

However he was very consistent in scoring against most of the others .

He will always be used by our enemies as the prime example of our over spending at that time

I think when Rangers paid all that money for Flo the fans thought we would be getting a striker good enough to rival Larsson.  He was never on that level plus he wasn't good in the air despite his height.  We were a good footballing side but we needed more physical players to compete with MONs side.  Prso was more along the lines of what was needed.