Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Smile said:

I think that's what it is they probably can't decide who they want, they never seem to do forward planning.

I imagine we will start getting stories about who it is going to be from about Wed this week, with an announcement in about two or three weeks time. :happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Bears r us said:

I imagine we will start getting stories about who it is going to be from about Wed this week, with an announcement in about two or three weeks time. :happy:

We are not that far of the pace we should be getting someone in quick who can get us challenging rather than Trailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

FOOTBALL GOSSIP

The Irish FA are bracing themselves for an approach from their Scottish counterparts for manager Michael O'Neill should Northern Ireland's World Cup qualification bid end in Switzerland on Sunday night. The Irish lost the first leg 1-0. (Mail on Sunday)

They can brace away so long as its not an approach from Rangers or a request from Rangers to interview him if he applied for the Rangers job.   If the SFA want him for the vacant Scotland manager job then that's their call........but imo there is no way he is experienced enough or capable enough or good enough be considered for the Rangers job. 

The Irish FA is probably bracing itself against jelly though because if that's the height of the SFA's ambition to obtain a top quality manager then their ambitions are on the low side of mediocre and its hardly a step up for O'Neill to want to take over the shambles that operates under the SFA.    The SFA could of course appoint somebody like Pedro.......now that would liven the Scottish international games up a bit, and make for much livelier 'hold on to your sporrans' media interviews. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Smile said:

We are not that far of the pace we should be getting someone in quick who can get us challenging rather than Trailing.

The two games against the :aberdeen: IF it is going to be DM is a real problem now IMO and it is making me think it will probably not be him. 

Sorry for going off topic. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Reformation Bear said:

They can brace away so long as its not an approach from Rangers or a request from Rangers to interview him if he applied for the Rangers job.   If the SFA want him for the vacant Scotland manager job then that's their call........but imo there is no way he is experienced enough or capable enough or good enough be considered for the Rangers job. 

The Irish FA is probably bracing itself against jelly though because if that's the height of the SFA's ambition to obtain a top quality manager then their ambitions are on the low side of mediocre and its hardly a step up for O'Neill to want to take over the shambles that operates under the SFA.    The SFA could of course appoint somebody like Pedro.......now that would liven the Scottish international games up a bit, and make for much livelier 'hold on to your sporrans' media interviews. 

He is not the person I want and can only hope our board think the same.

Your last sentence about Pedro made me :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Michael O'Neill has more sense that to come to Rangers. And judging by some of the comments on this thread, he'd be right. As a Rangers fan, the manager getting Rangers to win and be successfull again, would be my number 1 priority or concern. But we're all different ...

I would also be very, very surprised if he left N.Ireland to go to Scotland.

I have no doubt he will leave at some point, though i reckon it will be a English Championship side.

The Swiss are a top Team, as their qualifying Group shows, it'll take a miracle. The team starting tonight should have been the one starting at Windsor. Michael sometimes gives teams too much respect, as shown in France. It cost us, when we changed to more positive, we played much better. 

Whatever happens, he has us punching well above our weight yet again, and has done a tremendous job since taking over, after a dodgy start. A genuinely nice guy to boot! But there was no confidence then when he first took over, no feel good, players didn't  even want to play it was that bad, hadn't even scored a single goal in ages. Now we have potential players contacting us from alsorts, asking to be considered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Smile said:

Lafferty Better than anything we have up front which is tough to Admit.

Take Morelos over Lafferty any day of the week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Take Morelos over Lafferty any day of the week.

Fair enough Footballs about opinions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

Michael O'Neill has more sense that to come to Rangers. And judging by some of the comments on this thread, he's be right. As a Rangers fan, the manager getting Rangers to win and be successfull again, would be my number 1 priority or concern. But we're all different ...

I would also be very, very surprised if he left N.Ireland to go to Scotland.

I have no doubt he will leave at some point, though i reckon it will be a English Championship side.

The Swiss are a top Team, as their qualifying Group shows, it'll take a miracle. The team starting tonight should have been the one starting at Windsor. Michael sometimes gives teams too much respect, as shown in France. It cost us, when we changed to more positive, we played much better. 

Whatever happens, he has us punching well above our weight yet again, and has done a tremendous job since taking over, after a dodgy start. A genuinely nice guy to boot! But there was no confidence then when he first took over, no feel good, players didn't  even want to play it was that bad, hadn't even scored a single goal in ages. Now we have potential players contacting us from alsorts, asking to be considered. 

Does he not have a House in Edinburgh.? So it's possible but i cannot see why he would leave NI after doing well with them. As you say siam we are not wanting fucking papes at us , good point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We'll NI are out of the WC. Wonder where he'll go as I expect him to want to do something else now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Misteral said:

We'll NI are out of the WC. Wonder where he'll go as I expect him to want to do something else now. 

Scotland job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Smile said:

Fair enough Footballs about opinions.

Mind explaining how Lafferty is better than Morelos? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Smile said:

Does he not have a House in Edinburgh.? So it's possible but i cannot see why he would leave NI after doing well with them. As you say siam we are not wanting fucking papes at us , good point.

:lol:

Fuck sake have a day off, you ..... are you not giggling enough over Lafferty :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Take Morelos over Lafferty any day of the week.

Lafferty would be a good foil for Morelos IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Lafferty would be a good foil for Morelos IMO.

:caughtone:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O'Neill is a nice guy and a good manager, but with his off field struggle which has been in the public domain recently, i think it would be unwise for both parties to pursue this appointment any further.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says if he were to go to a club team the NI FA would be due 750k comp 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O'Neil's stock is pretty high and seems like a great guy but as others have said his struggles with drink etc. Would be fodder for the SMSM. They'd eat him alive if he showed the slightest weakness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I had come around to thinking at the end of last week that DM was the best option, but after the statement I am very confused now. I said in the DM thread that I think the board are split on him and it will depend on who wins or loses that battle whether he gets the job or not.  Confused.com. 

They need to appoint a 3 man panel, different men from last time though, and back their suggested appointment.

We need someone who's not scared of controversy, and can get us winning with the players available.

Who that someone is? I have no idea. I'd be against M O'Neill if he's a taig, as they're not to be trusted with the most important time in our history. DM might not want the job. It might be too big a job for him just now, because we need success, and we need it instantly, otherwise the support will be on his back continually, then he'll be hounded out.

I don't know if there is someone out there, big enough, good enough, strong enough, thick skinned, and staunch enough, to get us 55, which is what the next manager needs to do, to placate The Support. 😩😩

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kris1984 said:

O'Neil's stock is pretty high and seems like a great guy but as others have said his struggles with drink etc. Would be fodder for the SMSM. They'd eat him alive if he showed the slightest weakness.

This alone is enough reason not to gamble on him for his sake and ours 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Siam69 said:

Michael O'Neill has more sense that to come to Rangers. And judging by some of the comments on this thread, he'd be right. As a Rangers fan, the manager getting Rangers to win and be successfull again, would be my number 1 priority or concern. But we're all different ...

 

If Michael O'Neill gets the job I believe the only reason he might recieve grief from the Rangers support will be for failing to deliver success on the park.

No different from any other Rangers manager in that regard.

I won't be to unhappy if he gets the job.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K.A.I said:

It says if he were to go to a club team the NI FA would be due 750k comp 

This is only if a premier league team goes for him. If any other club were to make an approach then there wouldnt be any compensation required.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

If Michael O'Neill gets the job I believe the only reason he might recieve grief from the Rangers support will be for failing to deliver success on the park.

No different from any other Rangers manager in that regard.

I won't be to unhappy if he gets the job.

 

You would like to think so mate, but then you read the comments on the thread ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, james_85 said:

This is only if a premier league team goes for him. If any other club were to make an approach then there wouldnt be any compensation required.

Where are you getting that from, I'm not sure that's true?

Why would it be only an EPL Club.

The Northern Irish FA put the compensation clause in after he took us the Euros, as they know his stock is high. Why make it only EPL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Thewhitesettler said:

They need to appoint a 3 man panel, different men from last time though, and back their suggested appointment.

We need someone who's not scared of controversy, and can get us winning with the players available.

Who that someone is? I have no idea. I'd be against M O'Neill if he's a taig, as they're not to be trusted with the most important time in our history. DM might not want the job. It might be too big a job for him just now, because we need success, and we need it instantly, otherwise the support will be on his back continually, then he'll be hounded out.

I don't know if there is someone out there, big enough, good enough, strong enough, thick skinned, and staunch enough, to get us 55, which is what the next manager needs to do, to placate The Support. 😩😩

It is a huge decision made even more difficult after two mistakes, we can only hope they get it right this time.  :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×