Also where are people getting the 'struggles with drink' from?

Because he was recently done for drink driving?

If people are honest, I'd say easily over half this forum would have drove while under the influence of drink or drugs at one stage or another. I know I have. Nothing to be proud of, it certainly shouldn't be done. But if the assumption is based only on this incident, I don't think it's right. If there other 'related stuff' I haven't read, then fair enough.

Though I accept the SMSM will jump on anything and blow it way out of proportion in regards to Rangers.

He’d do really well at an underdog team in the premier league, don’t think he’s the man for us however.

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

You would like to think so mate, but then you read the comments on the thread ...

Thankfully some of the views expressed in the forum aren't always reflected at Ibrox Siam.

This is another thread which illustrates what credentials a player or manager has based on the last result or two. If he had got his eggs felt last night eg 4-0 he would be ridiculed and/or this thread run dry. 

Look back on the Pedro roller coaster. One minute the guy was a complete dick then we would beat Hamilton and it was in 'Pedro we trust'. It was drooling then meltdown in the space of 7 days over and over again.

Michael O'Neill as Rangers manager? I sincerely hope not! 

We have enough problems without importing another one.

23 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Where are you getting that from, I'm not sure that's true?

Why would it be only an EPL Club.

The Northern Irish FA put the compensation clause in after he took us the Euros, as they know his stock is high. Why make it only EPL?

I heard this on talksport 

32 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Where are you getting that from, I'm not sure that's true?

Why would it be only an EPL Club.

The Northern Irish FA put the compensation clause in after he took us the Euros, as they know his stock is high. Why make it only EPL?

They were talking about it on Talksport today. After he had got them to the Euros they assumed that if he was to leave it would have been to an EPL club. Does sound like a daft clause to include but they were saying that Scotland will be able to take advantage as they would be able to get him for nothing.

2 hours ago, kris1984 said:

O'Neil's stock is pretty high and seems like a great guy but as others have said his struggles with drink etc. Would be fodder for the SMSM. They'd eat him alive if he showed the slightest weakness.

What's the etc? Drink and what else?

Has MON ever came out stating he supports celtic? Well documented he's a Catholic but I wouldn't say he'd be a rabid tarrier if he played and managed for NI.

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Has MON ever came out stating he supports celtic? Well documented he's a Catholic but I wouldn't say he'd be a rabid tarrier if he played and managed for NI.

Also wore a poppy for the 2 playoff games, hardly fits the profile of a rabid tarrier.

57 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

I think some were doing the old 2+2 with what was termed by one observer on here as ..."the alky nose" + D&D

51 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Thankfully some of the views expressed in the forum aren't always reflected at Ibrox Siam.

I would refer you to super staunch Sassaa.

40 minutes ago, Dan Deacon said:

I heard this on talksport 

34 minutes ago, james_85 said:

They were talking about it on Talksport today. After he had got them to the Euros they assumed that if he was to leave it would have been to an EPL club. Does sound like a daft clause to include but they were saying that Scotland will be able to take advantage as they would be able to get him for nothing.

Fucking Hell, someone needs sacked for that. Unless he insisted on it. 

Just now, buster. said:

I think some were doing the old 2+2 with what was termed by one observer on here as ..."the alky nose" + D&D

No doubt!

Not sure if Brenda "came out" as a bheggar till he sat in the tramps press box.
He certainly wore a poppy in his previous employments.
Then again,it's maybe just pandering to the republicans when they land on that scabby doorstep.
MON ended up with a fear of The Union Flag once he signed with them.

48 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

This prick would walk over hot coals to Parkhead if he had been offered the job. Do we really expect this guy to stop his boyhood heroes getting ten , no fuckin chance.

As for the “fans “ on here suggesting we should be signing him , you are fooling noone , this forum needs a fuckin clearout of taigs on here.

This. That second paragraph all day long. 

21 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Fair enough, but could you imagine his mural painted on the Blue Room next to Struth, Smith, Wallace etc? 

When you're from Northern Ireland, if a Catholic, you support celtic, a Protestant,  support Rangers. 

Them's the rules, the way it is. 

To what degree, or 'how stanch' is a individual thing. 

Doesn't necessarily mean someone is a mad bigot, no matter if they are a Proddy or Katholic. 

3 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Fair enough, but could you imagine his mural painted on the Blue Room next to Struth, Smith, Wallace etc? 

We don't even have Mccoist or Warburton in the blue room.

He is a hibs fan, common knowledge this :lol:

12 minutes ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

If he stopped the beggars getting to 10 in a row and won titles for Rangers, why not?

1 minute ago, Real Ranger said:

If he stopped the beggars getting to 10 in a row and won titles for Rangers, why not?

Yeah, if ...........

Do you think he will though? 

1 hour ago, Siam69 said:

Because he was recently done for drink driving?

If people are honest, I'd say easily over half this forum would have drove while under the influence of drink or drugs at one stage or another. I know I have. Nothing to be proud of, it certainly shouldn't be done. But if the assumption is based only on this incident, I don't think it's right. If there other 'related stuff' I haven't read, then fair enough.

Though I accept the SMSM will jump on anything and blow it way out of proportion in regards to Rangers.

He came into my old work a couple of times for functions for a charity called Finding Your Feet .. if I was asked honestly what I thought of him the first thing that comes to mind is Alkie tbh

but to flip it, those times others were drinking heavily too so you’d have to call them alkies too 

but I think with the drink driving and the red nose and cheeks it makes it obvious he likes a drink 

but I still think he’s a good manager and wouldn’t be against considering him - plenty people are functioning heavy drinkers and it doesn’t effect their work - if he is indeed an alkie 

25 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

I would refer you to super staunch Sassaa.

I think he might even be stauncher than Blue Avenger if that's possible.