My order or preference for managers we might have a shot of getting is

Gio

MPH

Frank DeBoer

McInnes

I think they would all do a good job. Some would excite me more than others. I think a standout name like the top 3 could see us have another revolution like Souness or The Little General. 

I also think the presence someone legendary like De Boer would have in a wee country like ours would be powerful. 

5 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

You mean there could be a revival  of the Derek thread and it could reach 200 pages between 5pm Friday and 8 am Saturday?:huh:

I think most of what may emerge in the next 2 or 3 days is likely to be pish & wind thrown at the vacum, designed to sell copy, get clicks, for attention.

Perhaps something more tangible will emerge once the process is moving in earnest.

25 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Unbelievable there are actually folk on here that think we are even considering this taig.

Stick on for Scotland job as the has all the right credentials for the SFA..........

Hopefully as don't think he's good enough for club football.

We need somone with the same passion as us the fans.

If it's got to be DM then give him a shot at least he knows the game here and with better resources surely can be better.

No point bringing in another manager trying to find there way  again as a different game in our league.

Our board  just dither along okay there probably working behind the scenes but a wee bit of urgency  would be appreciated.

1 minute ago, buster. said:

I think most of what may emerge in the next 2 or 3 days is likely to be pish & wind thrown at the vacum, designed to sell copy, get clicks, for attention.

Perhaps something more tangible will emerge once the process is moving in earnest.

That will be 3 weeks then.

8 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

I think a standout name like the top 3 could see us have another revolution like Souness or The Little General. 

Another revolution, like those 2, would require significant funding and it's funding like that i can't see this board finding any time soon.

I'm not anti-board by any stretch, they are doing some good things with the structure of the club, but i still think they need to do more.

Listing on the stock exchange and a share issue would be a start, what happened to the nomad we were promised? It's been a long time.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Another revolution, like those 2, would require significant funding and it's funding like that i can't see this board finding any time soon.

I'm not anti-board by any stretch, they are doing some good things with the structure of the club, but i still think they need to do more.

Listing on the stock exchange and a share issue would be a start, what happened to the nomad we were promised? It's been a long time.

That's why those names capture the fans. No way would Gio or FDB arrive here with no funds. It would have to be a statement from the board and backed by investment. 

This is what it's going to take to get on terms with them. The name of our next manager is going to tell us a story about how we go. Are we getting our Deila or Rodgers?

48 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Unbelievable there are actually folk on here that think we are even considering this taig.

Stick on for Scotland job as the has all the right credentials for the SFA..........

Settle down Sassaaaa, if he does leave, it won't be to either Rangers or Scotland. That's if he does leave, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he signed a new, more lucrative and longer contract.

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

That's why those names capture the fans. No way would Gio or FDB arrive here with no funds. It would have to be a statement from the board and backed by investment. 

This is what it's going to take to get on terms with them. The name of our next manager is going to tell us a story about how we go. Are we getting our Deila or Rodgers?

Well hopefully it's 3rd time lucky, Warburton and Pedro were both disasters.

1 minute ago, plumbGER said:

Warburton ended a disaster but did his job in year 1. It ended on a sour note no doubt with a squad full of placid pussies left behind. 

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Settle down Sassaaaa, if he does leave, it won't be to either Rangers or Scotland. That's if he does leave, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he signed a new, more lucrative and longer contract.

Couldn't give two fucks , won't be anywhere near Ibrox ever........

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

4th time lucky McCoist was as bad if not worse than they two.........

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Couldn't give two fucks , won't be anywhere near Ibrox ever........

I don't say this often, but you're 100% correct on this one :lol:

35 minutes ago, trueblueal said:

Warburton ended a disaster but did his job in year 1. It ended on a sour note no doubt with a squad full of placid pussies left behind. 

Yes, i do think with better funding Warburton could have done better than the clusterfuck that was Pedro, that said, the pair of them never had what it takes to manage us.

34 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

4th time lucky McCoist was as bad if not worse than they two.........

Forgetting McCoist was their appointment before they re-incarnated themselves.

He has Managed nobody so there's a good chance this board will hire him.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Cheapest option available 

no compensation payable on O’Neill, unless he moves to an English premier league team, apparently. 

This board will take the cheapest route possible and appoint someone who has been deemed to have done a reasonable job with limited funds. I have absolutely no faith in them to back a big name with the requisite funds to ensure success 

a cabal of rip off cunts running us right now. This cunt O’Neill wouldn’t surprise me one jot 

2 minutes ago, KWBear said:

Cheapest option available 

no compensation payable on O’Neill, unless he moves to an English premier league team, apparently. 

This board will take the cheapest route possible and appoint someone who has been deemed to have done a reasonable job with limited funds. I have absolutely no faith in them to back a big name with the requisite funds to ensure success 

a cabal of rip off cunts running us right now. This cunt O’Neill wouldn’t surprise me one jot 

That's it if they had gone for a decent Manager they would have to give him a decent budget That's why they have picked nobodies so far.

41 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes, i do think with better funding Warburton could have done better than the clusterfuck that was Pedro, that said, the pair of them never had what it takes to manage us.

Warburton got another club an he is still a fukin disaster

2 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Warburton got another club an he is still a fukin disaster

They are 9th in the championship just 2 points off a play off place, hardly a disaster.

Be interesting to see where Pedro ends up.

23 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

They are 9th in the championship just 2 points off a play off place, hardly a disaster.

Be interesting to see where Pedro ends up.

Considering they were almost relegated when he took over he's done quite well. The board denied him funds to properly compete in the Transfer Market when he got us up.

Then we got in Pedro which was a Joke appointment.

11 minutes ago, Smile said:

Considering they were almost relegated when he took over he's done quite well. The board denied him funds to properly compete in the Transfer Market when he got us up.

Then we got in Pedro which was a Joke appointment.

The money that Pedro got wouldn't have went far with Warburton, that was his own fault, as he seemed to only want to shop around in the market he claimed was over-inflated and that we couldn't compete with the financial disparity.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I dispute that Cowdenbeath are a great club😳

1 minute ago, Ivybank said:

I dispute that Cowdenbeath are a great club😳

So good there ground doubles as stock car circuit.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

That's it if they had gone for a decent Manager they would have to give him a decent budget That's why they have picked nobodies so far.

Uuum, the chat prior to Pedro going was that the board had backed him (to the tune of £8m or thereabouts) but some of his signings were poor.

Now he is gone we are back to slagging the board for not backing managers? :huh:

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

Uuum, the chat prior to Pedro going was that the board had backed him (to the tune of £8m or thereabouts) but some of his signings were poor.

Now he is gone we are back to slagging the board for not backing managers? :huh:

Some of 'our experts' don't know their arse from their elbow and/or have an agenda driven memory filter.