When Are The Aberdeen Emails Out?

RFC55

9 minutes ago, Wearethepeople72 said:

That means the way the fixture list pans out has too much of an impact on what you get and don't get but.

For example, why should I not be in the pot for Aberdeen and Hibs just because I got allocated Dundee when I would rather have had Aberdeen or Hibs?

Am sure everyone would rather have Aberdeen or Hibs lol. 

Aye let the supporters pick what games they want and make it even harder in the CCCS lol. 

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

58 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Am sure everyone would rather have Aberdeen or Hibs lol. 

Aye let the supporters pick what games they want and make it even harder in the CCCS lol. 

He's right in a way though. If you got.hamilton and thistle twice that's you fucked for even a chance of hibs and aberdeen..

The system as is the now should just be an all in ballot. Apparently buses are going.to be struggling as well. So even being a member of a bus who run a points system may have to ballot their members.

It's a shite system. I liked it better in div 3 :lol:

You got.nesrly every game 

11 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

He's right in a way though. If you got.hamilton and thistle twice that's you fucked for even a chance of hibs and aberdeen..

The system as is the now should just be an all in ballot. Apparently buses are going.to be struggling as well. So even being a member of a bus who run a points system may have to ballot their members.

It's a shite system. I liked it better in div 3 :lol:

You got.nesrly every game 

That’s just purely down to numbers though. 

If you got Hamilton and Thistle already then this time aye you’ve no chance of Aberdeen or Hibs but we still play them again when you have a chance in the ballot. 

FWIW I’ve had Hearts, St Johnstone and Ross County so I’m not in the line for Aberdeen or Hibs but I’d fully expect 95% of those on it to be in with a shout for the tarriers as the allocation will have evened itself out by then. 

Edit

Its a shame the buses struggle for Aberdeen and Hibs but it’s a numbers game and I’m sure if Aberdeen start to falter again their attendances will drop and our allocation will probably double again. 

Just now, Prso's headband said:

That’s just purely down to numbers though. 

If you got Hamilton and Thistle already then this time aye you’ve no chance of Aberdeen or Hibs but we still play them again when you have a chance in the ballot. 

FWIW I’ve had Hearts, St Johnstone and Ross County so I’m not in the line for Aberdeen or Hibs but I’d fully expect 95% of those on it to be in with a shout for the tarriers as the allocation will have evened itself out by then. 

No i.defo get that. But like when people looked like they were missing the final v hibs as those who got the semi final were not expected to be entered into ballot until those who missed the semi were sorted. 

Now that meant people were to be punished as they were lucky in the semi final ballot. Which is shite. It's a ballot and everyone should be in imo for every game.

I've had hearts and Motherwell and Hamilton. So look like I'll be out of any chance for either game. When second round of fixtures come.round I'll probably get one of them. They do need a better system imo but it is tough to implement.

I mind like kai said getting my season's worth of allocation a few years back but then teams can't decide if we are getting our usual allocation or if they're cutting it so that doesn't help the club sort out allocations 

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

It's a ballot and everyone should be in imo for every game.

Going with your theory of everyone in every game. If for example - I got 19 away league games, maybe four away league cup games, a couple of Scottish cup fixtures, semis and finals - and you got absolutely fuck all, nothing, nada, zilch, hee-haw, nowt - would you still want the same system to work? With your way - it would be entirely possible.

Just now, East Enclosure Row N said:

Going with your theory of everyone in every game. If for example - I got 19 away league games, maybe four away league cup games, a couple of Scottish cup fixtures, semis and finals - and you got absolutely fuck all, nothing, nada, zilch, hee-haw, nowt - would you still want the same system to work? With your way - it would be entirely possible.

Nah it wouldn't

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

No i.defo get that. But like when people looked like they were missing the final v hibs as those who got the semi final were not expected to be entered into ballot until those who missed the semi were sorted. 

Now that meant people were to be punished as they were lucky in the semi final ballot. Which is shite. It's a ballot and everyone should be in imo for every game.

I've had hearts and Motherwell and Hamilton. So look like I'll be out of any chance for either game. When second round of fixtures come.round I'll probably get one of them. They do need a better system imo but it is tough to implement.

I mind like kai said getting my season's worth of allocation a few years back but then teams can't decide if we are getting our usual allocation or if they're cutting it so that doesn't help the club sort out allocations 

If it went back to your bottom paragraph nobody could really complain then but until clubs decide their allocation this is the way it’s going to be. The clubs are hamstrung by their fans as they would no doubt want to give us the maximum possible but their fans out of spite won’t want it. 

If you take 9k on CCCS and apply that to the tarriers aberdeen and hibs then you should theoretically get one tarrier game and another of the twice we play hibs and aberdeen. 

Maybe they should do it like that then ballot the rest! But there are probably flaws in there as well. 

If people are in for every game that creates a serious problem where you could have 3k getting 10 games a season and the rest getting 5-6. 

A better way to do it would maybe be to start it fresh for the games that are harder to come by.

For example you could have Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts when they play at Tynecastle, the games that are harder to come by. The ballot starts fresh for the first game against those three, then you could take out those allocated for the next game.

The way they do piggery tickets seems fine, everyone gets one of the two games, the remainder get balloted, that’s fine.

Then you could use the current system for the rest of the games.

Because in theory right now someone could have Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs, while someone else could have Hamilton, St Johnstone and Partick but it’s seen as fair because it’s the same amount of games when it’s really not.

This way everyone would get roughly the same amount of the bigger games and the same amount of the lesser games.

11 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Tbh aye I'd take it.

I don't see why it can be a "ballot" but then people are excluded. It's not really a ballot. I lost out on both tarriers in semi and hibs final. My fault as i.never ticked the box for priority semi.and finals. But I don't believe I should have been put in a privileged position for the final as i.missed the semi. 

It's not those who were successfuls fault.

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

The odds of that would be extremely high even if possible in theory 

4 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

They missed a trick by not introducing a points system during the lower league years imo. Any change now would be very hard to implement so the current system is probably here to stay.

Two championship seasons seemed like you were getting the away tickets most weeks 

5 minutes ago, Billy1984 said:

They missed a trick by not introducing a points system during the lower league years imo. Any change now would be very hard to implement so the current system is probably here to stay.

Defo mate looks like it. I was on cccs in 3rd division but then due to circumstances wasn't back on till championship 2nd season iirc. But would've been better if those who were everywhere between 3rd and prem got rewarded .

There's no real good system though 

Just now, simplythebest said:

Two championship seasons seemed like you were getting the away tickets most weeks 

It did, a proper points system during those years and before could have made distribution of tickets since we came back up fairer for those of us who followed back up from the bottom. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Personally I'd do first come first serve Each person on the scheme gets emailed 24-48hrs before tickets go on sale either go in and buy, Do it online or over the phone.

1 per Rangers number  

Bit horrific if people's work situation means they can't get online or on the phone for a bit...