Siwel

The Official Club statement On Manager recruitment

25 minutes ago, Gustav said:

If it is to be McInnes the right time was the start of the international break, if we get him anytime now we've needlessly fucked about and wasted time.

Given failures wrt 'the selection process' that ended up appointing Pedro and recent public comments from AJ, I think it was incumbent on the club to go about it in a more structured form.

It's not impossible that the focus wrt the selection process on 'how it is done' actually costs us wrt 'getting the right man'.

-------------------

Personally and from the safety of being a punter and having an opinion.....I'd have gone after McInnes after the Hearts game.

Just now, buster. said:

Given failures wrt the process wrt 'the selection process' that ended up appointing Pedro and recent public comments from AJ, I think it was incumbent on the club to go about it in a more structured form.

It's not impossible that the focus wrt the selection process on 'how it is done' actually costs us wrt 'getting the right man'.

-------------------

Personally and from the safety of being a punter and having an opinion.....I'd have gone after McInnes after the Hearts game.

You're obsessed with what AJ said.

The fuck does wrt mean

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

The fuck does wrt mean

I thought it meant "with regards to" but i seen him type "wrt to"

5 minutes ago, Gustav said:

The fuck does wrt mean

When AJ talked about 'institutional failure' it was a significant admission and signaled a recognition from within the boardroom that 'issues' needed to be addressed in a major way. 

wrt: with regard to

Just now, buster. said:

When AJ talked about 'institutional failure' it was a significant admission and signaled a recognition from within the boardroom that 'issues' needed to be addressed in a major way. 

wrt: with regard to

If McInnes is our number one target and we take 3/4 weeks to appoint him that is an institutional failure.

We seem to be going about the process of getting someone exactly the same way we got Pedro.

7 minutes ago, Gustav said:

If McInnes is our number one target and we take 3/4 weeks to appoint him that is an institutional failure.

We seem to be going about the process of getting someone exactly the same way we got Pedro.

There would seem to be a significant difference as to how we are going about creating a short-list. 

As always, any appointment will ultimately be judged on results.

45 minutes ago, buster. said:

The board spelled out what they intended to do and a guideline as to when it would start.

I'd expect an appointment before the AGM, probably between the 27th and the 29th.

So no one in for the Aberdeen game on 29th then.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

So no one in for the Aberdeen game on 29th then.

Mibbes aye, mibbes naw

Don't take my guess as anything but a guess.

I can't understand what's taking so long. 

The shortlist must be ready. So it's about time they started making contact with clubs and managers. 

1 hour ago, dan_ger said:

The shortlist must be ready. So it's about time they started making contact with clubs and managers. 

Murty to end of season cheap option.

3 weeks now in the middle of the season. We were fortunate to have this break it could have gave the manager a good period with the players but no. It's now a farce.

13 hours ago, dan_ger said:

They would have known who they wanted before Pedro was sent packing, so why not just get on with it and speak to those potential managers.  Wait to see who applies?  At a club like Rangers?  Nah, go get who you want and have a pecking order, work your way through it.  Just make sure you are willing to pay those that you put on the list.  Its a farce.

1 minute ago, VladimirWeiss said:

They would have known who they wanted before Pedro was sent packing, so why not just get on with it and speak to those potential managers.  Wait to see who applies?  At a club like Rangers?  Nah, go get who you want and have a pecking order, work your way through it.  Just make sure you are willing to pay those that you put on the list.  Its a farce.

Pedro was a dead man walking after the Progress game shows once again the lack of Planning by this board.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Pedro was a dead man walking after the Progress game shows once again the lack of Planning by this board.

Exactly.  I can't get my head around this "wait to see who applies" bollox.

Just now, VladimirWeiss said:

Exactly.  I can't get my head around this "wait to see who applies" bollox.

I wonder if its anything to do with lack of finance.

5 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Hopefully not but that has to be considered. Maybe like us all on here they are just as bad at making up their Minds on who they want in.

3 minutes ago, Smile said:

Hopefully not but that has to be considered. Maybe like us all on here they are just as bad at making up their Minds on who they want in.

DoF not up to scratch if thats the case.

With the Court ruling still pending, directors being strapped for cash ,compensation payments then transfer budget being a possibility then finance could be the problem. Timings wrong with it just coming up to Christmas. All those presents etc. Tough times financially.

Just now, Young Bob said:

DoF not up to scratch if thats the case.

With the Court ruling still pending, directors being strapped for cash ,compensation payments then transfer budget being a possibility then finance could be the problem. Timings wrong with it just coming up to Christmas. All those presents etc. Tough times financially.

We seem to blunder from one dumb decision to the next I hope taking some time will actually help us but given their form I'm not sure.

If it is a finance problem just give it to murty till the end of the season and lets try to me forward. He seems to be decent anyway, he might turn out well.

3 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

If it is a finance problem just give it to murty till the end of the season and lets try to me forward. He seems to be decent anyway, he might turn out well.

No different from retaining Pedro then financially but a big resposibility on Murty and JJ. Will miss a transfer opportunity too and maybe Bosmans. Though if Murty has applied then its an easy way to test him out.

Incompetence from the board. 

New manager in place for Dundee a week Friday I'd be more than happy

8 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

New manager in place for Dundee a week Friday I'd be more than happy

Unless he is in by early next week that won't happen and it could be the sheep double header 

1 hour ago, Young Bob said:

I've got a hunch that they're waiting to see if the man they are after will become available. 

Are we really still waiting for applications after more than three weeks?  Surely not. Whatever happened to just identifying who you want and going out and getting him?  

For this not to be the case raises a number of serious questions regarding competency and financial ability. I can’t see this dragging on until the AGM but then again the questions raised there seem orchestrated because nobody ever asks this board the tough questions