Charlie Adam

kenny6131

3 hours ago, tannerall said:

As did Arteta, another one we under-rated. 

When we played PSG I remember seeing Arteta and thought he was outstanding.  I couldn't believe he as so young and remember wishing we could find young talented players like that.  I was shocked when we managed to sign him.  He was a wonderful player and I wish he could've stayed a few more years before leaving.  I didn't even know our fans under-rated him.  I know many of our fans under-rated Pedro Mendes and that bothered me because he was clearly a class player and a Champions League winner no less.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

When we played PSG I remember seeing Arteta and thought he was outstanding.  I couldn't believe he as so young and remember wishing we could find young talented players like that.  I was shocked when we managed to sign him.  He was a wonderful player I wish he could to stay a few more years before leaving.  I didn't even know our fans under-rated him.  I know many of our fans under-rated Pedro Mendes and that bothered me because he was clearly a class player and a Champions League winner no less.

I agree but there are very few clubs in world football where winning every single game is expected. Our jersey is a privileged yet heavy one to wear. Not every player can cope. Hence there are good players who as a result of having a bad game get pelters from us.  It is why young players often struggle to break into our side as one bad game and they are crucified. It is why someone like Adam, who is a good player and is a successful Premiership player was given a hard time. It is also why young players like Mackay who are inconsistent are deemed unsuitable for us. We need players who are minimum 6/10 every game (which is why someone like Papac was great for us, while not being a world class player).  

1 hour ago, tannerall said:

If ex Ranger numbskulls like Barry Ferguson and Butcher can comment on the Gers why can't he comment on the Gers. 

Shows at least he still cares.

You think he cares about Rangers ?

he only cares about himself, never heard him say anything positive about us.

11 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I thought he was pish when he was here 

He was always a technically gifted player, could always see that, remember that goal under boruc's wall into the bottom corner, what vision and bravery. 

The range on his passing was unreal too,  I think he was under-appreciated here when we should have built a squad around him. 

Where was he last season? 

Anyone seen him play recently to know if he could still do a job? He was slow at 21 so I'd imagine he'd be running in sand these days. 

Please can we close this thread or move it out of the Bears Den. He 100% would only join Dundee as is clear from his Opengoal / Si Ferry interview.

He barely thinks about Rangers now unless he has to as part of his media career. He was gutted to leave at first but since then has realised he enjoys life away from the goldfish bowl. Dundee is his team.

1 hour ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

When we played PSG I remember seeing Arteta and thought he was outstanding.  I couldn't believe he as so young and remember wishing we could find young talented players like that.  I was shocked when we managed to sign him.  He was a wonderful player I wish he could to stay a few more years before leaving.  I didn't even know our fans under-rated him.  I know many of our fans under-rated Pedro Mendes and that bothered me because he was clearly a class player and a Champions League winner no less.

Mendes was top class. 

Sometimes those top performers (Kranjkar, Barton even ?) need a few more top class players around them to play to their best though.

His free kick against celtic that he put under the wall is so under rated. Adams goal was barely mentioned again and then a few weeks like Ronaldinho did the exact same thing for Barca a few weeks later and everybody was going mental about how good it was. Obviously Ronaldinho is a lot more high profile than Adam is but still, it was a quality goal.

2 hours ago, Deanzmeanzheinz said:

Hes really struggling with his weight - the minute he comes back up the road he will have an arse like a baseball glove 

Also his teeth are like a burnt fusebox so it's a no from me. 

So going by that thought process, you'd have Rylan as our midfield general?

20 minutes ago, geronimoo said:

I think Adam would be a good signing for us, he is no Messi or Neymar but he is a cut above nearly all in the league we are in. Like other have said but, play him in his position to get the best from him.

His best days are behind him and we sold him with his best days in front of him. He got dogs abuse as a youngster from the fans and he would be another Niko for us now.

1 hour ago, geronimoo said:

I think Adam would be a good signing for us, he is no Messi or Neymar but he is a cut above nearly all in the league we are in. Like other have said but, play him in his position to get the best from him.

‘He is no Messi or Neymar but’ is the same as ‘I’m not racist but’

4 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

When we played PSG I remember seeing Arteta and thought he was outstanding.  I couldn't believe he as so young and remember wishing we could find young talented players like that.  I was shocked when we managed to sign him.  He was a wonderful player and I wish he could've stayed a few more years before leaving.  I didn't even know our fans under-rated him.  I know many of our fans under-rated Pedro Mendes and that bothered me because he was clearly a class player and a Champions League winner no less.

Arteta was absolute shite in 03/04. He really didn’t want to know.

47 minutes ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Better option than Niko but still naw.

I remember reading some comments he made when we got fucked into the bottom div. He really couldn't give a fuck about us.

Could of been a class act if he lost about 2 stone, he never so we got shot he's only got fatter since he left.

I'm a better option than Kranjcar.