On Remembrance Day.

govanblue

On Remembrance Sunday, we remember The Fallen.

Ibrox_remembrance.thumb.jpg.b683ab7bf5ad7fab86daecd8d0a2d709.jpg

On Monday, let's make sure we remember The Living too.

Erskine_Park_Ibrox_Seats_Jo.thumb.jpg.a09ac37a809e4bc2af07642d57097491.jpg

Erskine_Bishopton_Seats.thumb.jpg.40c5f0f17c543d7012c6661328701e27.jpg

tour6_zps05av7ghg.thumb.jpg.c17ce8b1ee384ffab712ee95a352a3b0.jpgErskine_Fish.thumb.jpg.99df2e6e2e80db14720e9b539f3cc65c.jpg

EBI_08_zpsrdjvmmug.thumb.jpg.a0f9552ed0961828ad2abec55d9afd49.jpg

RangersMedia Erskine Fund November Fundraiser - Re-Member this November!  :rangers:

To make a donation, PM govanblue or Zetland - or else just do whatever you usually do.  :tu:

1 hour ago, Zetland said:

Easy Tiger.

@Bears r us gave me his (and his wife's) donation before I'd switched off the ignition at the Albion Car Park last Saturday.

@Bobby Hume on the other hand is another matter.  Probably my fault, but I haven't seen him in ages!

8 hours ago, govanblue said:

Easy Tiger.

@Bears r us gave me his (and his wife's) donation before I'd switched off the ignition at the Albion Car Park last Saturday.

@Bobby Hume on the other hand is another matter.  Probably my fault, but I haven't seen him in ages!

It is fine GB, it is a bumping request not a donating one. :thumbup:

And this is a bump. :kingbilly:

The correct answer is that there is no minimum and no maximum.  The mid-season fundraiser is totally optional.  Fund members have already donated their minimum £10 for season Membership, so anything else they can donate now is just a bonus.

People who are not already existing Fund Members can also donate anything they want, but if they want to be added to the 2017/18 Fund Membership list, then it has to be at least £10.

A quick update on what we actually plan for the proceeds of the November Fundraiser:

Well, obviously it depends on what we raise!  :p:

But for starters, I want to continue the traditions we've established over the last few years.

So that means we will be giving each of the 3 Homes a last-minute cheque to be used solely on providing additional goodies for their already planned Christmas Party.

In seasons gone by this has resulted in some fantastic Goodies for the Veterans, most notably that Santa Suit, of which I am very proud.

Here's the results from one Christmas...

Erskine Edinburgh: "After chatting with the residents they have chosen, rather than champagne, to have a single malt for the whisky fans and some fancy red wine for the wine drinkers. This is great as we usually can’t afford the good stuff so they’re now really looking forward to enjoying those on the day for their Christmas shindig. We’ve also been able to pay for our entertainer to perform for an extra hour which is great as he’s a favourite with the residents and so now we can have a packed afternoon of great music, fine wines and single malt!

Thank you very much for this generous gift which means that all of our residents are excited about celebrations and in good spirits."

"The Erskine Bishopton Home advised me that the money paid for some extra entertainment, some expensive crackers and some good whisky for all to enjoy."

"Here at Erskine Park we invested in a good quality Santa suit which meant our residents not only had a visit from Santa at our Christmas party but also a visit from Santa on Christmas Day. We borrowed a Santa suit in the past so thank you for ensuring that Santa is always available for gigs at Erskine park in the future. We also bought good quality whisky and decent crackers. Will let you know how Mains and Glasgow spent their donation when they get back to me.

Please thank your guys at RangersMedia for ensuring that our residents once again enjoyed an extra special Christmas."

Erskine Mains: Once again a Big Thank you to RangersMedia for the very generous donation towards our festive Season at Erskine Mains.

You Enabled us to purchase a New Christmas Tree (the old one was looking a bit tired) our new Tree is Fab and was used for our Tree of Honour Ceremony and our official Switching on of our Christmas lights.

Added to this we were able to purchase more refreshments ( Drinks & Food) for both Christmas & New Year Parties.

Many Thanks and all the best for 2015 to all at RangersMedia

From Erskine Mains

- That's the kind of thing our Christmas Cheques do. 

RM-xmas-cheques-.thumb.jpg.836feb4d9a8ba75b7a37933ff524b5b0.jpg

And this...

GB and all at RM,

Can i on behalf of all the Residents at Erskine Home Bishopton, thank you for the fabulous cheque for £200 you gave to us for a Christmas treat.  

It was put to great use.  Oh Yes it was!

panto.thumb.jpg.4274785c7437d235f1ed371f

As you can see from the poster, we didn't go to the pantomine  -  the pantomine came to us (oh yes it did!), which meant over 50 residents got to see it in the comfort of the recreation department, instead of having to travel out to a cold draughty theatre. They also enjoyed a few whiskeys and sherries,  mince pies and many many other treats during the show, all paid for by RM.  

So on behalf of all our Residents, Staff, Carers and our many Volunteers, a Million thanks for your fantastic gesture, one of many you have given us over the years past.  All that remains to be said is have a HAPPY NEW YEAR AND A GREAT 2017 ..................

FROM ALL AT ERSKINE HOME  BISHOPTON

And we'll also want to provide them with our usual annual supply of toffees and boiled sweets...

Erskine_Sweets_zpsixkgqvos.thumb.jpg.56fdb4af32b46c578c085336bdf3f967.jpg

toffee1_zps06h47da2.thumb.jpg.7c16b625b7fb4a370245c50411617adf.jpg

Fish and Chips...

erskine_fish_zps8rxytyqw.thumb.jpg.c83c3be08deff2e8ed6a7ba460f2487f.jpg Erskine_Fish.thumb.jpg.3184d412b8b3cd18a1445b6838d69239.jpg

Oh and some whisky of course...

RM_Erskine_Whisky_zpsghyrli5j.thumb.jpg.f5e0409d1b11f8f554b2c77f8ae1d46a.jpg

I've probably spent all the money already, which is a shame, because I can think of so much more!  :p: