Govan true blues

Junior Soprano

32 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Moustached and mulleted, the 80s were a horrible era for male fashion. I think in 30 years time we will also look at these beards, neck to toe tattoos and skinny jeans with no socks that most of the fashionista types are sporting as being equally horrid.

You mean you don’t now?

On 13/11/2017 at 19:52, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Moustached and mulleted, the 80s were a horrible era for male fashion. I think in 30 years time we will also look at these beards, neck to toe tattoos and skinny jeans with no socks that most of the fashionista types are sporting as being equally horrid.

I don't need to wait 30 years to realise that ffs:rofl:

19 hours ago, mchammer said:

Where is Jim Allison? Probably stayed in the pub drinking when the photo was taken :)

I have an uncle called Jim Allison. Just asked my dad if he thinks it's his brother that you are talking about. Not sure if it is because he's from Dennistoun way then Rutherglen. What age would he have been then.

On ‎11‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 19:52, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

What I love about that photo is the Colours on display. Just about every photo you see from the 80's The Bears are head to toe in hats and a scarf round the neck and both wrists. On a trip to Ibrox now I would suggest that it is around 50/50 between those wearing any sort of Rangers favour, and those in mufti.

31 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

What I love about that photo is the Colours on display. Just about every photo you see from the 80's The Bears are head to toe in hats and a scarf round the neck and both wrists. On a trip to Ibrox now I would suggest that it is around 50/50 between those wearing any sort of Rangers favour, and those in mufti.

Wish someone could find some pics of the bears going to games in the 70's with Rangers adorned 'safety helmets', some were works of art 

On 11/16/2017 at 20:03, LOL153 No Surrender!!! said:

I have an uncle called Jim Allison. Just asked my dad if he thinks it's his brother that you are talking about. Not sure if it is because he's from Dennistoun way then Rutherglen. What age would he have been then.

Jim was always a Govan man , His Brother is Ian and lives in England last I heard. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2017 at 04:28, mchammer said:

Jim was always a Govan man , His Brother is Ian and lives in England last I heard. 

i remember jim very well.  i was on the GTB from 11 year old until about 19-20 when we joined the KP loyal as fishtank mentions.  sad the way the bus went. when i joined we had 55 members and a waiting list (not my fault!)  in the end we were sharing a bus with edmiston drive (gone) then the cowcaddens (gone).  the other bus from the wee club was the helen st and that went before the others.  thats three buses in the local area that disappeared from around 2000-2005 when attendances were booming but many clubs struggled and we had a fallout so that didnt help.

within 10 year the GTB was gone. makes me sad being a govan boy as that club was well known alongside the KPL, nithsdale and so on