The future of Hampden

Thermopylae

Dare I say, lease Ibrox and get those cunts to pay for a serious upgrade, with the knock on redevelopment of the surrounding area to benefit to the local community as we watch GCC money being funnelled in at the behest of the SFA.

It would remain our stadium, just litterally renting it out to tenants as QP do for international games.

Otherwise I have a feeling, that the scum will steal it to get even more free money and the competitive advantage at cup finals. I can envisage the rage in here already if that came to pass. Liewell if nothing else, is one devious bastard.

The SFA invited tenders, so I think it would have been smart of king to put forward a propsal. Even to sound them out and get the inside track on it, instead of being on the outside looking in. It wouldn't be like him to pass on free money and for once we might actually get the benefit of it.

Just a thought.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Clearly you're biased, but looking at it practically then I genuinely think that taking the national stadium out of the city and into 'the country' would solve a lot of problems with transport, segregation etc. Most of our stadiums were built when virtually no one had a car, and we wouldn't choose to build Hampden (or even Ibrox) in their current positions if they didn't already exist.

Hampden's pretty accessible. So are most of the others. Don't see transport as too much of an issue with any of the existing stadiums. 

I also like an urban setting to a football stadium. It's also part of football for me. In all honesty, I'd prefer Murrayfield to a stadium in the middle of the country, which would just feel like an extension of football losing its soul (so would Murrayfield, just less so).

What is football in this country if it's not about tradition, heritage and soul? Pretty pointless really, given the technical standard of it. Which is why i'd normally choose to fight something that degrades that.

12 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Glasgow's the home of football. So is Hampden for me. It's shit behind the goal, but I'd keep putting up with it the way I've been putting up with it for 30 years to retain that. And at some point redevelop behind the goals in some way. 

If we could afford a new stadium I'd definitely be for staying and rebuilding. I'd resist it like I'd resist it with moving Ibrox. The whole some things being more important than money thing. At least with any Ibrox move (God forbid) I'd be fairly confident it'd stay in Glasgow.

The transport links to Hampdump are abomniable as they are to the scumdome. Ibrox isn't bad at all in comparison, being immediately adjacent the motorway.

If a new Hampdump, then adjacent the motorway at Robroyston would be my preferred option as there is plenty available land in an area not so built up.

Failing that, Ibrox as posted above.

3 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

The transport links to Hampdump are abomniable as they are to the scumdome. Ibrox isn't bad at all in comparison, being immediately adjacent the motorway.

If a new Hampdump, then adjacent the motorway at Robroyston would be my preferred option as there is plenty available land in an area not so built up.

Failing that, Ibrox as posted above.

New train station being built at Robroyston as well. Decent shout and still within Glasgow to keep the purists like Inigo happy.

2 minutes ago, FSM said:

On a practical note regarding a move to Murrayfield, I assume that the majority of the SFA staff (including directors) also live in the Glasgow area, so I highly doubt that they'll want to start commuting to Edinburgh every day.

I think they'll let the rumours fly for a bit, imply they're thinking about it a bit, then get a slightly better deal to stay at Hampden. 

21 hours ago, harlands plater said:

They missed a trick with Hampden a few years ago, they should have flattened the whole place and built a new stadium a bit further in from Somerville Drive. It would have cost what, £100 million for a 65 to 75 thousand seater?

Greed and old memories of a dump that should have been bulldozed . As soon as we were getting lottery funding ,that was their chance .

Wales and England have Stadia that enriches their national game .

Our Country  have a monolith  monstrosity to go along with Pink strips and fans that wear skirts with timberland boots

On 11/14/2017 at 12:25, scottyscott1963 said:

Been a while since I heard that poisonous cunts name.
Actually thought he had shuffled off this mortal coil.
The only thing I remember billymuckneil doing was lamping that tub of lard.
Missed Davie Robertson's goal against the tramps by 6 fuckin minutes.
Just one poisonous tarrier with a typewriter.

He retired to Ireland I believe ... can't say I'm surprised 

21 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Greed and old memories of a dump that should have been bulldozed . As soon as we were getting lottery funding ,that was their chance .

Wales and England have Stadia that enriches their national game .

Our Country  have a monolith  monstrosity to go along with Pink strips and fans that wear skirts with timberland boots

I'm sure liewell will appreciate yet another revenue stream 

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

I've never been in the new stand that most of the money went into what's the view like from there? 

Absolutely terrible place to be .You are at the game but it doesn't feel like it 

Give me North enclosure all day long 

The ends are shite now we can't kick any dust up .Loved the bedlam at Hampden in old days 

It's lost everything it once had 

11 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Absolutely terrible place to be .You are at the game but it doesn't feel like it 

Give me North enclosure all day long 

The ends are shite now we can't kick any dust up .Loved the bedlam at Hampden in old days 

It's lost everything it once had 

Section J was like the black and white minstrel show.

On 15/11/2017 at 15:37, Thermopylae said:

I've never been in the new stand that most of the money went into what's the view like from there? 

Was in it the Motherwell game for the 1st time and was not impressed to be honest, nearer pitch so a better view but give me Ibrox any day of the week as it's a far superior stadium 

I have a cousin in Glasgow council and this is how it is going to go Hampden will be sold , Glasgow council and the Scottish government will then put up the money with a big donation from the hampden sale via the sfa to rebuild the old stand at parkhead and that will become the premier stadium in Scotland total cost about 40 million . 

2 hours ago, the drummer said:

I have a cousin in Glasgow council and this is how it is going to go Hampden will be sold , Glasgow council and the Scottish government will then put up the money with a big donation from the hampden sale via the sfa to rebuild the old stand at parkhead and that will become the premier stadium in Scotland total cost about 40 million . 

Odds 1/100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 on

And what will our board under these present pricks have to say about that

Fuck all