*** The Official Rangers V Hamilton Match Thread ***

Jamie29

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't hear many "theres one kenny miller songs today". The novelty of celebrating an over hill player who got a manager the sack must have wore off. starting the season relying on windass, wilson, hodson, miller (the rat). What could go wrong. bring back pedro. 

Just now, Young Bob said:

Wont disagree but the midfield is still not good enough to support any strikers. Imagine the Hateley McCoist partnership with that midfield.

Very true, industry but no creative edge. Miler dropping back though,isolates Morelos, but instead of someone else filling that gap,Morelos is left on his own and is an easier man to mark

4 minutes ago, shaka said:

Honestly did you watch the game? If you did, and found positivity, then wow!  I'm normally very positive about the future but watching that for me was not a sign of progress... we are going backwards.  We've got players who can't even do the basics of controlling a ball and showing composure on the ball.

Murty isn't the answer but I don't believe McInnes is either.  If we want any level of success in the future we need a board that is more ambitious. Murty or McInnes would be a battle to achieve mediocre, a lucky second and the occasional loser in a cup final. We, the fans, and the club in general, board, coaching staff and players, need to aim higher or become another average Scottish club.

We should be better than we are, with these players on these wages, but that was never going to be enough for us to mount a serious challenge for the league.  The fundamental problem is the level of investment.  We are still living from month to month, financially.  Why is this? King came in on the basis that he would invest, up to a point, but also that he would attract other, larger scale investment.  Those of us who opposed his involvement were always clear that the prospect of additional serious investment coming into the club while King was there was very, very remote.  Why? Because King is a toxic individual, and no one in their right mind will put money into Rangers while he is there.  The bottom line is that we can expect only mediocrity until King stands aside and serious long-term investors come forward. God knows who the latter might be though.  The appointment of the new manager will change nothing fundamentally.  It's a sad state of affairs. 

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

Very true, industry but no creative edge. Miler dropping back though,isolates Morelos, but instead of someone else filling that gap,Morelos is left on his own and is an easier man to mark

Correct. I commented our midfield was static. A Stuart McCall or Gazza would have bust a gut to get in the box to cover a striker who was out of position.

9 minutes ago, bilkobear said:

Miller was poor today.

He doesn't get close enough to Morelos often enough, and his habit of dropping deep does the opposition's job for them, it just allows them to double up on Morelos when the ball is played forward.

Improve the midfield and Miller doesnt have an excuse to drop back. If he does drop him from starting 11.

1 minute ago, Young Bob said:

Improve the midfield and Miller doesnt have an excuse to drop back. If he does drop him from starting 11.

I don't see Miller as a starter in any case.

I would prefer to see him coming on for the last thirty minutes when his legs are fresh and his opponents are beginning to tire.

Today would have been the perfect game for Miller to be thrown on, rather than the inexperienced Hardie.

Young Hardie needs to be given a baptism that isn't part of a rescue package.

16 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

The problem is that a precedent has been set. You can't drop Miller or you will lose your job! Don't know when, how or why it happened but Miller is now essentially been given the freedom to play whenever/wherever he wants and managers will be too scared of his influence to drop him.

5 minutes ago, bilkobear said:

I don't see Miller as a starter in any case.

I would prefer to see him coming on for the last thirty minutes when his legs are fresh and his opponents are beginning to tire.

Today would have been the perfect game for Miller to be thrown on, rather than the inexperienced Hardie.

Young Hardie needs to be given a baptism that isn't part of a rescue package.

Millers contract extension was impact sub in my eyes. Didnt happen.

Dont think Hardie is good enough. If he was a foot taller he would be Peter Crouch MkII. I never rated Crouch

2 minutes ago, Young Bob said:

Millers contract extension was impact sub in my eyes. Didnt happen.

Dont think Hardie is good enough. If he was a foot taller he would be Peter Crouch MkII. I never rated Crouch

I watched Peter Crouch as a young player at QPR.

I was amazed back then at how poor he was in the air, and yet also surprised at how good he was with the ball at his feet.

I predicted he would go onto play for England if he could improve in the air, he did both.

Hardie has always impressed me when I have seen him at a lower level.

The question is can he make the step up?

However, it isn't easy to impress when you get thrown into a game like today when we are chasing the game.

Morelos should have been kept on, he wasn't having a great game, but he was still totally involved and working the Hamilton back line.

We should have simply taken Windass off, put Hererra on, and started going a bit more direct with three potential goalscorers around the eighteen-yard box.

Murty's post match RTV interview.     Back to the Warburton era of shrug it aside, acknowledge not good enough but professional athletes who will have to pick themselves up on Monday and put things right.    

What more could he say you ask, or what different things could he say?   Well this Club is a bit more than just a playground for those players - and a manager - who think that its enough to just roll up on Monday morning with an attitude of setting out to put things right........we've heard that far too often in the last few years and with an outcome that doesn't put things right on anything like a consistent enough basis.   He should be raging. He should be absolutely raging that a team that he thought has trained well and prepared well and had a good tempo in training could fail to score any goals, but concede 2 and fail to win the game.   Imo he should be saying it is utterly unacceptable for Rangers and that he is responsible along with the players for failing today.   And then withdraw any interest he has in being appointed manager on a permanent basis.

But I forget, he learned his lines to take from Warburton.   Could almost imagine it was Warburton that was giving the interview. 

I'm not long back home. Honestly Dave and his clueless bunch have our season ticket money, but there is not one more Sparkle penny going into Rangers until something changes for the better.  When the place emptied at 80 minutes that said it all.

Embarrrasing isn't the word for today - Fernando and Kanchelkis must have watched that today and been like 'what the hell has happened to this club' 

30 minutes ago, shaka said:

The problem is that a precedent has been set. You can't drop Miller or you will lose your job! Don't know when, how or why it happened but Miller is now essentially been given the freedom to play whenever/wherever he wants and managers will be too scared of his influence to drop him.

Pedro didn't lose his job because he dropped Miller. He lost it because results were terrible.

1 hour ago, Jam_piece said:

Didn't hear many "theres one kenny miller songs today". The novelty of celebrating an over hill player who got a manager the sack must have wore off. starting the season relying on windass, wilson, hodson, miller (the rat). What could go wrong. bring back pedro. 

Blaming Judas for that moron getting the sack is laughable.

1 hour ago, Jam_piece said:

That manager got himself the sack by being a fucking clueless, useless bastard.

That second goal summed up the whole disjointed performance today; we had two full backs running alongside their attacker for him to cross the ball over. Why were they were, a left and right back both on the same side of the park? This club is going nowhere fast, and finding a new manager is only one of the many solutions we need. We need change at the top along with it. 

Archived